Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

I’m not sure where I fall on this issue.

One thing I do know is there’s no way to please everyone. We allowed embedded shock in RP because many people didn’t see why that was bannable, but some of those same people are complaining about spam. Both are forms of trolling, and someone finds each kind funny, but what’s funny to one is CLEARLY not funny to another. So how to satisfy everyone? No way.

Musing openly to myself: The game itself is about trolling. Not about camwhoring, not about emo-ing, about trolling. That’s why every single character is represented in sTalks as a male troll. So reflecting that in the RP forums would be right in line, wouldn’t it? Honestly, the vast majority of posters there, no matter WHAT clbum their characters are, talk like trolls. So that’s clearly what the majority of the player base wants, right?

More musing openly to myself: Many of the gone players were funny. I miss the true role-players: Janie, Gunther, Escher, lightning-bolt kid, Balcony Critics, gs49 (who’s not REALLY been posting since embedded shock was permitted), more. But what a lot of the community finds funny is not people who roll-play, but people who troll CD. “Rah-rah, it’ll be funny to get some newbie banned for posting goatse in GD!” That’s what’s considered fun by that handful of people. Do we cater to them and say screw everything? Or do we draw a line? I guess we have to draw a line. Which takes us back to my earlier muse. Nowhere can we draw a line which everybody likes.

Further open musing to myself: Whatever changes we make are going to make someone unhappy. I suppose from a business perspective, CZ needs to change things to support the majority of players, not the handful. If this kills Flamebate then Log in to see images! But it’s a business, and I’m not privy to the knowledge. Hell, for all I know, if the place were completely free from trolls maybe the 98% of people who never post on it would start!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!