Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Generic Racist Posted:

I already did. http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/619626

I encourage you to re-read your own post. The government didn’t take these right away, the *people* took them away after *the government* granted them.

Generic Racist Posted:

Felon’s can’t vote and I don’t see you raging over that. Aren’t they a minority too? Should we protect them from the evil, ignorant majority? What about their civil rights? Or we just pick and choose who we need to “protect”.

That’s about as valid as comparing homosexuals to pedos.

Generic Racist Posted:

Have you ever thought that maybe you are wrong on this issue? Have you ever though that if the evil, bigoted majority doesn’t want something it shouldn’t be imposed on them. And maybe the poor oppressed minority should pack up and leave if they don’t like it?

What, pray tell, is being imposed on heterosexuals here? Are you afraid you’re going to be forced into a homosexual marriage? How is this any different from a white man that couldn’t marry a black woman?

Generic Racist Posted:

The whole issue is about money and acceptance. You can’t force people to accept something and the government can choose who it wasn’t to give money to. Everyone here is acting like these people are beaten and thrown into concentration camps. Go to China and see how they treat gays there, and then tell me we are discriminating against gays here.

The government didn’t do anything here. Literally. Some bigoted whack job got enough signatures to put a law on the ballot to define marriage. Never mind that we just had a law trump our state constitution and a court upheld it… but there was zero legislative action here. This isn’t about government defining anything. The government actually said it was pretty ok just a few years ago… this is about *people* telling *other people* who they can and can’t marry.

I honestly don’t know how China treats homosexuals, but it sure as **** doesn’t legitimize taking away rights here. Let’s go for an analogy here. My arm is broken and I got laid off the night before I broke my arm. That’s a pretty ****ed up situation. Some of my friends also got laid off, but they didn’t break their arms. Does that mean that they shouldn’t get unemployment, just because I have it worse? Just because my situation is ****ed doesn’t mean that those friends don’t have it pretty ****ty themselves.

spacekadt edited this message on 06/03/2009 3:51AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!