Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

Am I not blinded because I’m not in position to capitalize on this situation, and I agree with you?

No, I mean that EVECHARM is upset that she doesn’t now have the opportunity to capitalize on the situation, when she was previously selling Master Balls. That’s the main point of this dispute, is that some players now have an advantage in striving for the Flezz Leaderboard. But there have been many, many past situations where one group of players had an advantage over others regarding a Leaderboard. That’s the ebb & flow of the game.

It’s also important to keep in mind that people not in position to capitalize on this now, could put themselves in position to capitalize later by buying up Master Balls now while the supply is relatively fluid and people are looking to make a quick buck, and then reselling them later at a higher price after they’ve become rarer.

In fact, there are at least two players that I know that are trying to do that, and probably more.

Of course, they could always show up in Ppwn and become comparatively worthless again, but that’s just the risk you’d have to take. This is the reason that I hope ET doesn’t tell us whether or not the master ball will show up in the ppwn rotation. It takes the guessing out of the “should I buy now, to resell at a higher price later” game.

I completely agree. I prefer there to be a risk involved here, so that it’s not a ‘guaranteed’ advantage. If he says they wont show up (like the Headsets won’t), then I can expect to see them sell for a hell of alot more than they are right now If he says they will show up, then my investment devalues.

I prefer the excitement of speculation. If we’re spoon fed every single bit of information, then we might as well automate the entire site.

Or better yet, just run it as a simulation and e-mail me the results.

I’ve accidentally listed the ‘Flame War’ book for 70K before, because I wasn’t paying close enough attention and thought it was the ‘Hacker Hero’ book. I’ve done that more than once, actually. And I’ve even accidentally listed a Pink Flyod with a Buy It Now intended for another file (i.e., I sold it for about 50K… but I didn’t make that mistake more than once, heh)

And yet, I shrugged it off as a bump in the road, since I wasn’t paying close enough attention to what I was doing. Because it was no one’s fault except my own.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!