You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.
You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.
Viewing a Post
I know it’s been a long time since we handed out the Collaborator E-Peen for Spoilerpedia edits, but I’m here to fix that.
Here’s what I want you to do: Help summarize the Forumwarz storyline, including Episodes 1+2, in Spoilerpedia.
I’ve created an article called “Forumwarz Storyline.” I’m hoping people can collaborate on it to build a punchy, accurate, succinctly written outline of how the typical story progresses up until the end of Episode 2.
It should be written for the total noob, i.e., someone unfamiliar with Forumwarz or even RPGs in general. Imagine it’s a book report for your not-easily-impressed Grade 11 English teacher.
Feel free to link to existing Spoilerpedia articles, using the standard Wiki formatting. If connecting articles don’t exist, feel free to create them. If you’re really savvy, using images (even original ones, like a timeline or flowchart) would be +1 awesomeness.
Use short, descriptive paragraphs. Go in a logical order and don’t get into extraneous details. I’d like to keep this to around 1,000 words or less.
THIS IS NOT A WALKTHROUGH. It is a précis of the Forumwarz mythology. Quickly mention aspects of the gameplay if it’s relevant, but no need to be too specific — if I see “press 1, 2, 1, 2” in there, we’ll consider it trolling.
Of course, feel free to let your writing reflect Forumwarz’s lighthearted and humorous tone, but concentrate on the still-developing story itself. And remember, brevity is the soul of wit.
Now, this could easily degenerate into a cluster**** if everyone jumps in at once. So, here’s how I propose we do it:
* When you’re ready to start, bump this thread with “I’m in!” Users, note the time.
* Add to/edit the Spoilerpedia article.
* COPY YOUR WORK EXTERNALLY BEFORE POSTING ARTICLE CHANGES! There might be conflicts that could screw it all up!
* Come back and post by pasting in your changes — as they appear, or with Wiki syntax — doesn’t matter. No need to post the whole article, just the relevant changes.
* Add “I’m out!” to the end of your post.
* Please wait until the last person has finished working before making changes. You may ask questions and make comments in this thread, but respect the previous editor.
* Don’t take too long to make your changes. An hour should be more than enough time. A few minutes is probably all you need. Update the thread if you’re running late for whatever reason. After more than an hour has gone by, we’ll allow another to take over.
* Don’t be a ball hog. Don’t continually take on the article for an hour each time just to change one line. We’ll catch on pretty quickly.
* If you wrote/edited a different but related article, just post its link here.
* Anyone caught trolling or vandalizing the article (or any article for that matter) will be banned.
* Obviously, huge spoilers ahead!
If it turns out really well, I’d imagine an abbreviated, more neutral version would be welcome on our Wikipedia page. The “Plot” sections for films are typically 1,000 words long. Look up the plot summary of your favorite movie to see how it’s done!
We’ll be giving out BP prizes and E-Peen at our discretion, based on performance. The very best posters will receive special consideration for an upcoming, brick-****tingly huge meta-contest that is sure to cause widescale mind-blowage. (Stay tuned!)
Finally, this is an experimental contest. If it all goes downhill, I apologize in advance. We’ll also leave the thread open after the contest is done, where you can make a case for the Collaborator Peen based on previous efforts. For now, let’s concentrate on the contest at hand.
Best of luck, everyone, and thanks!
|Posted On: 04/16/2009 2:05PM||View Jalapeno Bootyho...'s Profile | #|