Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Yet going for the lulz resulted in ET and CZ finding out about the problem, and didn’t cause them any more grief than if he HAD just TMed ET.

Point of difference: Privately communicating a security hole to ET&CZ creates zero additional risk. Publicly communicating a security hole had the potential to add significant additional risk through copycats.

Because it didn’t actually result in additional risk, I can fully support a temp-ban (which is what has now happened). If it had gone further, either through what HoG or what others did in his footsteps, following into the hole he publicly exposed, then a more severe punishment would have been appropriate.

And of course, now knowing that this email service is intentionally so transparent, I fully agree that Tubs was very irresponsible in continuing to use it after he became a moderator.

All in all, I’m relieved it’s panned out the way it has. If at the end of the day you’ve learned something new (and no one got hurt in the process), then it’s not a bad day.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!