Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Corion Posted:

I probably would not pay for episode unless …

1. The servers got a SERIOUS upgrade.

How do you think a server would get upgraded, if not through additional income?

Basically we’re at the point now where adding more servers would cost 3-4x as much as our current hosting costs, because we’d have to move to a private rack.

A lot of posts in this thread basically boil down to: I want more from you guys and I want it to be free.

Psychologically it makes sense: who wouldn’t want awesome stuff and never have to pay for it?

But there is a huge cost in not only keeping the current server running smoothly, but in developing that new content. We cannot create a system where no income comes in and costs a lot to maintain, that’s just simple business.

Ultimately it’s all of your individual choices regarding what to spend your hard earned cash on. If you don’t find Forumwarz gives you any value that’s your choice and hey, no hard feelings.

But please, at least acknowledge the fact that a site like this doesn’t write and maintain itself. It takes a ridiculous amount of work, and if it could be running smoother and have 30 hours more content by flipping a switch we would have already done it, obviously.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!