Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Why didn’t you just click the undo bumon? That would have been the fair thing to do. I think what you did here was chose the easier option.

What you could have done instead (and could still);

– search for two turkey purchases on the same account, one in December and one before that

– remove from the player inventory & refund the $3.6m for the second turkey – a small exception for players who intentionally bought multiple turkeys – allow them to be kept if more than one was bought on the same day, or if the number is small, deal with each case manually

– if the player already has one of the peen, remove the option to go through the sTalk again, if it hasn’t been taken up yet

– search for occurances of two (or more) of the turkey peen, and remove all but the first

I think the above is fairly comprehensive but I might have missed a detail or two. Is it feasible? This I think would resolve the problem to everyones satisfaction, since noone would have lost anything through lack of initial information, and noone would gain anything they’re not supposed to, through subsequent misinformation. I have a second peen, and I would very much like this, or something like it, to happen. Just as I don’t want to lose out unfairly, I don’t want to win unfairly either. A hollow win is no win at all. To reiterate – speaking for myself, but probably for a good few others – I don’t want nice because you can’t be nice to everyone – I want fair. You know I’m saying this in part because the same principle still needs to extend to other areas of the game, where it currently does not.

Next time the turkey comes around, just be clear on the ground rules, in your informative flamebate post, or simply avoid the problem by blocking players who has already purchased the turkey and acquired the peen from doing so again i.e. think ahead and plan for eventualities. I don’t believe this playerbase is particularly harsh – this wouldn’t be any different in any other multiplayer competitive game.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!