Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

007Bistromath

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

If ep2 has content about equal to ep1, the most I would pay for it is a dollar.

Regardless of how long and/or complex it is, the absolute most I’d pay is about five. Who do you think you are, Popcap? I steal all Popcap’s stuff because they sell five-dollar games for twenty a piece. Screw that. Don’t put on airs.

This is all largely theoretical, as the actual amount I can spend on this in my current situation is *checks pocket* about lint dollars and crumb cents.

PS: I feel like I should qualify this somewhat since I have seen some other stuff Trout dude said. Please note that the stuff I am about to say is going to seem pretty high-falutin’ for talking about some ridiculous parody web game, but it’s an example of a more general thing, so it’s gotta be said.

I firmly believe that game designers and other artists deserve money for their work. What I dislike is the idea of “selling” art. A work of art has very different value to different people, as the things a person likes and understands best basically serve as the interface between their own identity and the culture they live in. When people walk by a busker on a street corner, some just walk by, some drop in a quarter just in praise of the effort, and others stop and listen, because the song or its performance affects them, and they might even throw in a five. It seems to me this is how all non-commission art should be; everybody can see it, and they give to the artist based on how important the piece is to their personal “collection.” To bring this back to a more direct example, you’d best habeeb I bought Deus Ex and Half-Life, and the sequels to both. They were worth every penny, even though they were crazy ‘spensive. On the other hand, like I said: Popcap’s games are great, and I feel bad every now and then that I can’t drop them a fiver, but they’ve decided they don’t want my five bucks and would rather ask for twenty. That is unbridled pretentiousness.

Same kinda thing here. Do what Reznor did and make it a “name your price” deal. That will get you mad cred.

007Bistromath edited this message on 03/09/2008 7:21AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!