Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Adeptus

Avatar: 11389 Thu Oct 16 15:20:36 -0400 2008

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Evil Trout Posted:

In another thread, Orb said he finds grinding from 10-20 frustrating. I’ll take a look at how smooth that goes too.

Noticed this with my hacker (and permanoob, but that’s supposed to be frustrating). Perhaps toning down the effect of being underleveled for a thread, or capping it somehow would help? Like, say I’m trying to beat a level 20 thread, so at level 19 there’s x gimping on my attacks etc. at level 18 there’s 2x, 17 has 3x or whatever, but then cap it there, so a level 15 character will still find it harder to beat this tough forum, but not ridiculously so.

It’s possible this is already being done – I’ve not really looked into it, but a nerf here couldn’t hurt. Basically the system is fairly balanced for episode 1, so as long as you do a little grinding you’ll probably get by with being 1 level under the thread you’re trying to beat, but once you hit episode 2 (which I did at level 9) there’s this jump to a level 13 forum, then another to a level 15, with no easier forums appearing in the story for a little while.

SG94 Posted:

[stuff]

Also, please, please, please do these.

Adeptus edited this message on 10/26/2008 3:43PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!