Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Interface The Attributes

Halberd

[Emo Is The Lonelie-
st Number
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Can we get some clarification on what these things actually do?

* Alignment: Whether your character leans toward good or evil.

* Charisma: People are more likely to send gifts to those with high charisma.

* Defense: Decreases the amount of ego you lose when a thread attacks you.

* Frugality: Reduces the cost of items you purchase, and increases the amount you receive for selling them.

* Luck: Good things come to those who are lucky (ancient internet proverb).

* Offense: Increases the amount of pwnage you inflict on a thread.

* Upkeep: Decreases the amount of damage your equipment receives.

It would be nice if Luck actually described what it did, or Frugality gave an exact -% of item cost per point in it.

InsertCoins

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Luck and Alignment so far remain a mystery.

The others seem pretty clear to me.

I have 4 in frugality, and prices seem to have dropped about 20%, though I have no idea how it scales per level.

Schildkrote

Level 10 Troll

I LOVE SUCKING BIG BLACK male reproductive organS MMMH YEAH HOMOTASTIC GIVE ME THAT SPUNK

Offense seems to give a bigger boost than just one point for one damage, though maybe I’m imagining it. The Tiger item for Trolls in particular appears to boost damage way more than five points, it’s awesome. Defense on the other hand doesn’t seem to help much, though maybe my score in it as a Troll is so low that a few points up or down doesn’t make much of a difference at this point.

Frugality’s a good buy now, thankfully since I spent a ton on it before the fix in the hopes it’d be worthwhile at some point. No idea what Luck does, and Upkeep seems like a waste of points when you can just pay to get your stuff fixed. Charisma’s still at its base value for me and I still get a ****load of deliveries, so it doesn’t seem like a big deal either.

Zenzirouj

[Didactic Existenti-
alism Dilettantes
]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I’m pretty sure luck affects the chances of getting 0 damage. Going back to FBO the early forums resulted in a much higher number of 0 damage attacks, so it may be tied with level. Or, 0 damage rolls are entirely dependent on level. It could also affect the chances of getting high value junk in the mail. Either way I’m putting points into it when I don’t have higher priorities.

Chilean Sea -
Bastard

[Pessimists]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

frugality definitely seems to be one of the best buys early on, right after offense, since the difference in price is pretty dramatic and having more healing items is pretty much the difference between pwning forum and getting killed.

Grunduggerer

Level 23 Emo Kid

“Bleeding Heart”

I’m beginning to think that Upkeep is going to become more important as people equip better stuff.

My iPrune cost 650, and after one forum pwning I think I had to pay 130 to repair it from 60%.

Dinictus

[the abyss]

Level 22 Emo Kid

“Bleeding Heart”

Grunduggerer Posted:

I’m beginning to think that Upkeep is going to become more important as people equip better stuff.

My iPrune cost 650, and after one forum pwning I think I had to pay 130 to repair it from 60%.

I’ve just noticed that too. New computer, shiny, had to have it. But goddamn, the 15 extra Ego don’t quite add up to hundreds of     for repairs.

Come to think of it, maybe I shouldn’t have sold my Obsolete Computer.

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

Tubmail me a picture of your male reproductive organ, and I'll send you several pics of my naked body from every angle.

If an obsolete computer only boosts you by 5 you might as well not have it.

just repair this one when you feel you need the boost instead of all the time.

Halberd

[Emo Is The Lonelie-
st Number
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

I guess we aren’t going to get an official response on what Luck does? Is it just a dump stat to waste points on?

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

Tubmail me a picture of your male reproductive organ, and I'll send you several pics of my naked body from every angle.

It’s probably one of those “subtle help” stats.

occasional defense boots or strong attacks.

something completely undetectable unless you are -really- looking.

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I don’t know if it’s because of my defence or my luck, but I’ve gotten quite a few 0 damage attacks, sometimes even over three in a row, when my luck was at 4. Now that it’s dropped to 2 (due to my changing of equipment), I don’t seem to see that happening as often.

Could be my imagination, though. It’s hard to prove empirically unless someone wants to do it… FOR SCIENCE. Log in to see images!

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Halberd Posted:

I guess we aren’t going to get an official response on what Luck does? Is it just a dump stat to waste points on?

I kind of want the luck stat to remain mysterious. I promise you there are actual benefits to having it, both now and in future updates.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!