Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Web Games Thread to moan about downvoting

EmoBot 5000

[Droogs]

Level 14 Emo Kid

“Crybaby”

It shudlnt be allowed gibber. Well, that’s what I think. It seems unfair. Does anyone else have this moan? Is it even legitimate? Talk about it / tell me off here.

prepares to be showered with a great times of downvotes

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

i submitted pure crap for one of my alts, to see if i can reach the hard “cap” an negative buildr score. and you guys are actually UPVOTING one of the submissions. hasn’t been downvoted yet.

it really makes me wonder about people’s sense of humor.

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

Velveteen Posted:

i submitted pure crap for one of my alts, to see if i can reach the hard “cap” an negative buildr score. and you guys are actually UPVOTING one of the submissions. hasn’t been downvoted yet.

People are stupid, which is why Forumbuildr is a waste of time for amusing, interesting people.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

I had some decent submissions. One got up to 31 positive votes. Now it’s at -5. Log in to see images!

They always stay neck and neck with the negatives so mine never get very high.

I think people just spam negatives. I wonder if it would be possible to limit the amount of votes you get.

Probably it wouldn’t work out, but you never know.

Repliku

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

The constant downvoting is sorta depressing, especially when you get alot of upvotes on a submission, then it crashes to -5 overnight.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Repliku Posted:

The constant downvoting is sorta depressing, especially when you get alot of upvotes on a submission, then it crashes to -5 overnight.

Yeah. I mean, my submissions aren’t great, but I don’t think a submission that’s got 22 positive votes and 20 negative votes, then gets -7 overnight, deserves to be knocked out of the running.

On the other hand, it allows me to resubmit it with +1, so it’s not all bad.

Loosey-Lou

[Just Chicks]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Repliku Posted:

Treat others as you would wish to be treated. I’m not saying that simply pbuming on the submissions that don’t interest you will automatically get your submissions upvoted, but a high voting ratio earns you karma points at least. I only say this because I noticed your voting ratio was .38. Not good karma there.

So, treat others as you would wish to be treated.

Loosey-Lou, the Anti-Troll

crotchbiter_-
the_flaccid

Level 22 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

I’ve noticed a trend in downvoting a day or two before the competition resolves. This might be greedy ****ers trying to kill chocolate scoops. We’ll probably see more tonight…

I, of course, only have my own submissions to gage this behavior. Does anyone else see this?

Repliku

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Loosey-Lou Posted:

Treat others as you would wish to be treated. I’m not saying that simply pbuming on the submissions that don’t interest you will automatically get your submissions upvoted, but a high voting ratio earns you karma points at least. I only say this because I noticed your voting ratio was .38. Not good karma there.

So, treat others as you would wish to be treated.

Loosey-Lou, the Anti-Troll

Nice of you to say, but this happens to be my alt. Log in to see images! I do my voting on my main account and mostly just use this one for fun.

Repliku

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

crotchbiter_the_flaccid Posted:

I’ve noticed a trend in downvoting a day or two before the competition resolves. This might be greedy ****ers trying to kill chocolate scoops. We’ll probably see more tonight…

I, of course, only have my own submissions to gage this behavior. Does anyone else see this?

No, I’ve seen this trend, too. I usually get my chocolates at the very beginning of the submission period, but by the middle-end, they’ve all crashed.

Loosey-Lou

[Just Chicks]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Repliku Posted:

Nice of you to say, but this happens to be my alt. Log in to see images!

So does your MC have a different voting ratio than your alt? Because my MC/alt ratios are the same.

Loosey-Lou

[Just Chicks]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

crotchbiter_the_flaccid Posted:

I’ve noticed a trend in downvoting a day or two before the competition resolves. This might be greedy ****ers trying to kill chocolate scoops.

But it doesn’t kill existing chocolate scoops, merely prevents otherwise (possibly) worthy submissions from earning scoops. And unless you know who posted which particular submission, how are you going to target anyone?

Repliku

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Loosey-Lou Posted:

So does your MC have a different voting ratio than your alt? Because my MC/alt ratios are the same.

Yeah, it’s significantly different since I pretty much don’t vote at all with this account.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Karma? So thats why I found a 20 dollar bill lying on the ground. I’d down mbumive up-voting so my ratio is over 75.00. It doesn’t really let bad submissions in, because people who are actually judging fairly will down-vote them. Couple it will down-voters it really just makes people not feel so bad.

Loosey-Lou

[Just Chicks]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Repliku Posted:

Yeah, it’s significantly different since I pretty much don’t vote at all with this account.

Ah, I see. You have a free alt as opposed to a paid alt. With the latter, the voting ratio is the same.

Deplorable

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I don’t frivolously downvote, I just see a lot that I feel is ****, and tend to withhold plus votes for really good submissions.

Marcos El Ma-
lo

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

LOL WUT???!!1

OK, I know I’m breaking the rules and I’ll probably get banned but:

I just upvoted this enemies entry “Upvotes are going to the lousiest submissions I made. Here’s another one.”

I’m not saying anyone else should vote for it. Not at all.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

“Cheezburgr Nao?”, an enemy, had 17 votes this morning. In just a few hours, it was completely down-voted.

“Friends Like These” is going to be a **** to get. Log in to see images!

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

L2 Posted:

”Cheezburgr Nao?”, an enemy, had 17 votes this morning. In just a few hours, it was completely down-voted.

“Friends Like These” is going to be a **** to get. Log in to see images!

To be fair, there were probably several similar submissions that may have been destroyed before you even saw them. Maybe the timestamp will help reward originality or being “first.”

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

Velveteen Posted:

I wasn’t feeling the whole “thinking” thing this week, and I randomly submitted a bunch of thoughtless crap to the enemies category. I can seriously order them.. the worst one of the bunch is voted ridiculously high right now, and the couple that were mildly funny are all -5.

The submissions I spend time on get downvoted immediately and make me cry… so thoughtless drivel from now on! (Hey, the mbumes have spoken)

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!