Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Writing Phil's Fast Fiction Challenge

My day job as a detective sometimes leaves me feeling uninspired. To get my creative mojo back, I will write you a very short story if you post:

1) A title for your story, and

2) One word you would like used somewhere in the story.

Note: I will try to keep up and do at least one a day. Don’t spam with titles; I probably won’t do more than one per person.

Detective Phil Marlot edited this message on 06/04/2010 3:27AM

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

Title: The Encephalitic Cephalopod

Word: appoggiatura

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

”How Medieval China was Forged” and the word i would like you to use is “television”

sdgrbbum09 Posted:

Title: The Encephalitic Cephalopod

Word: appoggiatura

Jerry glided across the ocean floor, his eight tentacles streaming behind him. “I am so alone” he thought, as a school of fish crossed his path. “Hello,” he started to call out, but they had already zipped away. He sighed, reminding himself that fish were terrible companions anyway, always acting on instinct and never stopping to think. As he considered this, Jerry noticed it had suddenly become dark. And he was alone. Turning his mbumive head upward, he saw something new. Something was blocking the sky. It was dark and large and sat just beneath the surface. Maybe it was a new kind of whale. Jerry had always liked whales, if from a distance. With a squirt of water, he propelled himself upward to meet it.

As he reached out with a tentacle, something fell from above into the water with a blorp and a whoosh and a watery boom. It was large, but not nearly as large as the thing above. It was traveling downward toward the bottom of the sea at an alarming rate. Had his new friend just given birth? The baby was in danger! Jerry followed the trail of bubbles, going deeper and deeper into the dark, cold sea. He saw it hit the side of a deep trench and plunge further down. Jerry swam headfirst into the darkness, enduring the increasing pressure on his head. He was having trouble seeing now, but he continued on.

And then, he saw it, resting on the sandy floor. Jerry rushed to its side, rebumuring it that it would be all right. And yet, Jerry knew that he could not carry this mbumive creature on his back. His stabbing headache worsened, but Jerry reached out gently with his tentacles and touched the creature. It was cold, like the sea, and hard. It had a strange set of white and black scales, and Jerry ran his eight tentacles over them, counting 88. He pushed down on the scales and a soft sound came out. Was it talking to him? He ran his tentacles over the slippery scales and the creature made more sounds, singing higher and lower, depending on his touch. A wave of happiness came over Jerry as he and the creature sang together, their harmony echoing around the cavern and traveling up to the surface. A lone fish stopped and listened, briefly, wondering at the dissonant appoggiatura that then resolved into an open chord before it finally fell silent.

At the bottom of the ocean, all was quiet. Jerry lay over his charge, never to be lonely again.

Teh Cezar

Avatar: 139026 2011-07-31 00:02:35 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Title: A Day at the Church

Word: clowns

King Krimson

[Snobby McSnobbers-
ons
]

Level 69 Troll

A lot fo kewl boiz wer it ok!

The title: My day as a Catholic pageboy

And, rather predictably, the word: Sodomy.

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

“woman's genitalsicles”

“puissant”.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Title: The Final Hours of Rhinestone Cbumidy

Word: Sepia

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

“Farewell to the morning”

Lateralis

Chuck Diesel

Avatar: 220714 2022-12-08 14:16:09 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

sperm

­’A Day at the Children’s Intensive Burn Ward’ starring the word “euthanize”

Professor Commie PhD Posted:

”How Medieval China was Forged” and the word i would like you to use is “television”

Jian sat on the couch, turning the gun over in his hands. The television blared, playing a NOVA program about the Tang dynasty. He stood up and tucked the gun into the back of his pants. Wu would be here any minute. He checked on the pottery horse again, encased in foam in the titanium case. It had to come through this intact.

Hearing a car pull up, Jian went to the window. It was dark outside. He closed the blinds after seeing three shadowy figures get out of the car. He didn’t want the neighbors to know too soon. After a few moments, he heard a loud thump at the door and a woman’s voice call out “Jian!” Wu was here.

They didn’t wait for him to answer. Wu came in first, dressed in black leather, her hair in two buns on top of her head. She was short, round-faced, and stocky. Jian knew her by reputation; she was ruthless. Her two bodyguards stepped in behind her. The larger one came forward, saying “that it?” as he eyed the case.

“Yes,” said Jian, “but I only give it to Wu. Not you.” The bodyguard reached for his gun. “Orders,” Jian explained.

“It’s all right, Li,” Wu said. “I don’t think this little dumpling..”

A loud pop sounded in the air. The second bodyguard looked at the TV, confused, as if it was coming from there, then looked back at Jian, who was still pointing the gun at Wu as she collapsed onto the floor, the blood spreading from the wound in her gut. He quickly emptied three more bullets into her body, turned to the surprised bodyguard, and shot him twice.

“Let’s go,” Jian said to Li. “The buyer won’t wait.”

“Whatever you say, boss,” said Li.

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

Title: “How Michael Jackson and Jackie Chan Saved the World”

Word: Dispenser

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

“The Encephalitic Cephalopod” was amazing sir. You managed to incorporate brain inflammation, mollusks, and musical ornaments and that is no easy task. Log in to see images!

Teh Cezar Posted:

Title: A Day at the Church

Word: clowns

The airlock opened and Captain Miller gently descended the steps of the shuttlepod, coming to a bouncing stop on the dusty red, Martian surface. He looked out from the helmet of his space suit at the area he would be surveying today: an unusual formation of rocks he had started calling “the church.”

Four long, smooth flat rocks in two rows formed the “pews” in front of a large, rectangular, altar-like stone. A former Catholic, Miller found the arrangement both disconcerting and fascinating.

As he walked forward, he began the audio recording. “Survey log: Friday, June 4, 2085. Beginning examination of the upper fourth quadrant of the church region. Similar to yesterday, the ground appears to have been disturbed overnight. Have not been able to find what is causing this — possibly a localized weather occurrence.”

As he reached the uppermost pews, something caught his eye. A small object was resting on the flat rock. It was his grandfather’s Purple Heart he had received during the Great Nuclear Holocaust, the event that had finally sent humans into space, for good. The last time he had seen the medal, he was eight years old. It was, as far as he knew, jettisoned into space with his grandfather’s remains. The medal was clean and free of dust, carefully and almost lovingly placed on the stone surface. It couldn’t have been there long.

“All right,” Miller said, into his communicator. “Which one of you clowns brought an unauthorized shuttlepod down here?”

“Uh, negative on that, Captain,” said the young lieutenant monitoring his progress from the space station. “The only off-station travel in the last 30 days has been you.”

Miller picked up the medal with his gloved hand and hesitating, put it into his specimen bag.

“What’s going on, Captain?” the lieutenant asked. “Nothing, Lieutenant,” said Miller. “As you were.”

swine

Avatar: 10221 2011-10-31 21:15:57 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

I congratulate you in recognising my superiority and choosing me to be your love pig!

“male reproductive organs in my bum, male reproductive organs in my bum, oh lawd, male reproductive organs in my bum.”

Word = Banned.

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Skyman747 Posted:

Title: “How Michael Jackson and Jackie Chan Saved the World”

Word: Dispenser

This one’s easy.

Teh Cezar

Avatar: 139026 2011-07-31 00:02:35 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Detective Phil Marlot Posted:

The airlock opened and Captain Miller gently descended the steps of the shuttlepod, coming to a bouncing stop on the dusty red, Martian surface. He looked out from the helmet of his space suit at the area he would be surveying today: an unusual formation of rocks he had started calling “the church.”

Four long, smooth flat rocks in two rows formed the “pews” in front of a large, rectangular, altar-like stone. A former Catholic, Miller found the arrangement both disconcerting and fascinating.

As he walked forward, he began the audio recording. “Survey log: Friday, June 4, 2085. Beginning examination of the upper fourth quadrant of the church region. Similar to yesterday, the ground appears to have been disturbed overnight. Have not been able to find what is causing this — possibly a localized weather occurrence.”

As he reached the uppermost pews, something caught his eye. A small object was resting on the flat rock. It was his grandfather’s Purple Heart he had received during the Great Nuclear Holocaust, the event that had finally sent humans into space, for good. The last time he had seen the medal, he was eight years old. It was, as far as he knew, jettisoned into space with his grandfather’s remains. The medal was clean and free of dust, carefully and almost lovingly placed on the stone surface. It couldn’t have been there long.

“All right,” Miller said, into his communicator. “Which one of you clowns brought an unauthorized shuttlepod down here?”

“Uh, negative on that, Captain,” said the young lieutenant monitoring his progress from the space station. “The only off-station travel in the last 30 days has been you.”

Miller picked up the medal with his gloved hand and hesitating, put it into his specimen bag.

“What’s going on, Captain?” the lieutenant asked. “Nothing, Lieutenant,” said Miller. “As you were.”

Ah, Detective, you and your loopholes? A++ story, though without Catholic clown enjoy as I wanted.

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

Postin’ in a future FoW thread.

“Cracked Sky” with “suspire” as the word, please.

Hot Pho

Avatar: 226401 2010-03-21 02:41:40 -0400

Level 12 Emo Kid

But what if I like it here (on Ricket's male reproductive organ)

“A Bird I Don’t Recall”

Word: exemplary

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!