Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Wheels Why can't we vandalize admin/mod wiki pages?

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

Let’s say a newbie comes around (and they exist, trust me) and wants to learn a bit more about their friendly neighborhood mod. They look them up and see some clever vandalism like LOL fabulous person LOL has been imposed. They think to themselves that chaos clearly reigns supreme in this place if mods can’t even protect their own pagtes.

So did chaos reign supreme for those 5 months Cid had a vandalized page?

The fact that this no vandalism rule exists yet vandalism persists unchanged for months on admin/mod pages gives a greater impression of chaos reigning supreme than it would if no rule were on the books.

This rule is weak compared to the one I imposed on us from the real Wikipedia. I wonder if new users know they can be banned for constructive criticism on other sites?

kraigu

Avatar: 132907 2010-01-24 16:36:53 -0500

Level 69 Hacker

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

This rule is weak compared to the one I imposed on us from the real Wikipedia. I wonder if new users know they can be banned for constructive criticism on other sites?

You have a very weak definition of “constructive” criticism.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Ricket Posted:

The fact that this no vandalism rule exists yet vandalism persists unchanged for months on admin/mod pages gives a greater impression of chaos reigning supreme than it would if no rule were on the books.

kraigu Posted:

You have a very weak definition of “constructive” criticism.

I also have a great idea for a fun & safe new way to enjoy this website. Inspired by was and this thread of Rickett’s. Credit where credit’s due.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Ricket Posted:

Seems like a stretch to me. But either way, the impression of chaos exists because vandalism occurred.

The simple solution seems to be to not vandalize mod pages, and to be diligent about enforcing rules.

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

Seems like a stretch to me. But either way, the impression of chaos exists because vandalism occurred.

The simple solution seems to be to not vandalize mod pages, and to be diligent about enforcing rules.

I guess I didn’t allow time for your stretched hypothetical to contract back into reality. Log in to see images!

And I’d argue the simplest solution over time is to reduce moderation of the wiki by removing this silly rule that does very little to protect the image of Forumwarz moderators and admins.

Ricket edited this message on 02/12/2010 6:35AM

Oleg

Avatar: 98357 2011-07-31 00:47:25 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 18 Hacker

INVINCIBLE POSTER

Simple. Because we have no way of protecting pages. And mods’ pages would normally be protected.

Let’s say a newbie comes around (and they exist, trust me) and wants to learn a bit more about their friendly neighborhood mod. They look them up and see some clever vandalism like LOL fabulous person LOL has been imposed. They think to themselves that chaos clearly reigns supreme in this place if mods can’t even protect their own pagtes.

Do we want new players to believe that chaos reigns supreme in this place? No. No, we most certainly do not.

Dear Mr. “Bootyhole”,

I am glad to see that we share same opinion on this topic. Can you, by any chance, add CV + photo to Wiki? And add birthday in format “( * xx.xx.xxxx in <birth place> )” please. It will be very beneficial for young users who want to understand that Forumwarz is not chaos reigned. Thank you.

Oleg edited this message on 02/12/2010 7:34PM

megazeroexe

Avatar: 96079 2010-02-05 18:20:27 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 44 Hacker

hi this is pcp saying i miss m0x

do new users even read the wiki? i didn’t bother with the wiki until i was reading about flamebate pranks/fwz forced memes, and i’ve still never searched for any of the mods pages.

unless you’re going to be bumhurt about it (which you will be), just get rid of this inane rule. this site is supposed to be about having fun. anyone coming to this site looking for strict rules and no fun does not belong here in the first place.

not only do users not give a **** about the mods, let alone their wiki pages, any new user who will flip their **** because of a pranked page will not be welcomed and does not belong here in the first place.

megazeroexe edited this message on 02/12/2010 7:46PM

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

megazeroexe Posted:

do new users even read the wiki? i didn’t bother with the wiki until i was reading about flamebate pranks/fwz forced memes, and i’ve still never searched for any of the mods pages.

unless you’re going to be bumhurt about it (which you will be), just get rid of this inane rule. this site is supposed to be about having fun. anyone coming to this site looking for strict rules and no fun does not belong here in the first place.

not only do users not give a **** about the mods, let alone their wiki pages, any new user who will flip their **** because of a pranked page will not be welcomed and does not belong here in the first place.

Wow, some of you guys really seem to feel strongly about this.

I’m going to take the recommendation of the Charter and protect the Moderator overview page only while leaving the rest of them to the wolves. Admin pages, being closely game-related, will be kept vandalism-free and generally informative. Alright?

megazeroexe

Avatar: 96079 2010-02-05 18:20:27 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 44 Hacker

hi this is pcp saying i miss m0x

Wow, some of you guys really seem to feel strongly about this.

I’m going to take the recommendation of the Charter and protect the Moderator overview page only while leaving the rest of them to the wolves. Admin pages, being closely game-related, will be kept vandalism-free and generally informative. Alright?

sounds fair enough to me Log in to see images!

kraigu

Level 69 Hacker

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Adapt Posted:

maybe if there wasn’t an incentive to vandalize said pages.

People need incentives to do lame ****?

Those calling JB bumhurt should check post counts and consider looking in the mirror.

Chawin

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

i regret nothing

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

Hmm…I should have mentioned that this is what I meant by the “overview” page (although I have to admit I kinda like what Fran did with Aldo’s entry).

Fran, until the rule was officially changed, you weren’t supposed to vandalize a mod’s page. Seriously, you couldn’t have waited until the afternoon or something? Log in to see images!

I would love to ban Fran for this (just because I love the idea of banning Fran) but I suppose we’ll let it go this time, in honor of noted anarchist Henry Rolllins’ birthday.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

There we go: http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/778007

This is probably the first time I’ve rushed a rule change to prevent a user from being banned. That’s my Valentine’s/Saint Rollins Day present to you, dear Fran.

kraigu

Level 69 Hacker

Chawin Posted:

i regret nothing

Usually that’s said just before you die, not when you’ve just come back to life. :-)

kraigu

Level 69 Hacker

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

I also have a great idea for a fun & safe new way to enjoy this website. Inspired by was and this thread of Rickett’s. Credit where credit’s due.

Spamming goatse was old before most users here were even approaching my cats’ levels of consciousness, much less their current helmet-on-keyboard techniques of “conversation.” I hope you, at least, are a bit more original than that.

As for users not knowing they could be banned for off-site activities, I guess they’ll find out, eh? Libelling people, much less semi-anonymous false accusations of crime isn’t just very special, it’s (literally, in most countries you can get a ‘net connection) criminal and the fact it’s difficult to prove doesn’t make it any less heinous or ****ing stupid.

Note I’m not accusing leetlol of doing this, although I guess if she’s done it she can wear it. We all know what happened though, and those responsible should grow up.

AIDS woman's genitals

Avatar: 184403 2009-09-17 04:10:15 -0400

Level 69 Troll

show me your zucchini and I'll show you my cugreat timesber :zak:

Surely it would be more chaotic to have a wiki that did not have any vandalism?

kraigu

Level 69 Hacker

leetlol, I forgot about your spammage – that was actually pretty good.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

There we go: http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/778007

This is probably the first time I’ve rushed a rule change to prevent a user from being banned. That’s my Valentine’s/Saint Rollins Day present to you, dear Fran.

Well then, that fixes that.

CrinkzPipe edited this message on 02/13/2010 12:15PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!