Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll POLL: How long should INCIT rounds last?

-XI-

Avatar: 65028 2009-09-29 14:53:15 -0400

Level 40 Troll

THEY'RE GONNA TASTE GREAT!

I think it should be changed to two.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Magnusian Prime Posted:

Voting 3.5 minutes, I try to put actual thought into my submissions, which usually means editing them a few times. A lot of the time I can’t submit a “finalized” edit before the timer runs out.

Ever think that’s why you only have 9 wins?

(I bumume this isn’t trolling, but if it is I’ll gladly edit it to something nicer)

fuzzyeric

[Forumwarz Universi-
ty
]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

quangntenemy Posted:

The real reason why INCIT’s taking too long is because after midnight there aren’t not enough people playing and it takes forever to wait for the 5th sub. The change to one single round doesn’t fix this problem at all. The only solution is to make it more entertaining to play. To do this you need to address 2 problems: unfunny pictures and dump voting. The former can be solved with natural selection, but the latter is a real problem because people tend to dump vote because by nature of the game it is beneficial to do so. If there’s a reward for voting for the winning subs then maybe it could be different.

Regarding unfunny pics, I recommend the “none of the above” vote option. Pics that are regularly “none of the above”d are clearly unfunny.

Regarding reinforcing non-dump voting, http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/710430. It’s a little long, but I think that’s necessary to cover the problem.

Kooler221

[WeChall]

Level 42 Emo Kid

“Tearleader”

In my opinion, I think the submitting time should be about 2-2.5 minutes, and the voting about 45 seconds at the least. And as many others had said, seeing who the winner is could always be done on the side, if that’s not good enough, you could always add something to show the other submissions and votes from that round to see the winner compared to the others.

SanDyk

Avatar: 175636 2012-01-01 09:50:12 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I am the internet equivelent of Jon Stewart! Except less funny...

Camber Posted:

Is everyone bearing in mind that shorter submission time will result in crappier submissions, on average?

what makes you think that? in my experience the best people at improv tend to the ones who are spontaniously funny rather than the ones who think what they havee to say. also some of the best wins on incit have been last minute

sanduyk not everyone who plays incit is best at improv

as a frequent incitplayer i think the submission time should be extended, i need eenough tine to think of a good caption for picture nad 3.5 minutes isnt enough, and after i think of a good entry i may not have the time to finish typing and submitting it, or ther are bunch of typos in it, or i may think of a better entry to submit fior the round

votingg and winners/votes display time isnt as important thus 10-20 second should be enouugh

though, if cz decies to change submission time to 2 minutes deu to popular vote i dont know, maybe lots of new poeple will buy/play incit. Log in to see images!

****male reproductive organ_RAM-
BONE

Level 12 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Rounds are way too ****ing long. 2 minutes should be the maximum.

SanDyk

Avatar: 175636 2012-01-01 09:50:12 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I am the internet equivelent of Jon Stewart! Except less funny...

I dunno. I take about 30 seconds to think of something to do with the pic and I’m not exactly terrible at incit Log in to see images!

dragonchips

[The Pink Smoke Ring]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

Having played INCIT for a long time, I believe that 2.5 minutes would be a generous amount of time. If you are actually playing the game and not elsewhere you begin to notice the rounds do drag on as currently proportioned. I’d love to see a flexible time on the voting as some others have suggested. If you have five subs voting is slow and if you have more than 10 you get to a point of hurrying to read and digest and sometimes you miss a clear winner. Six seconds to read each one is more than enough time. I’d say 20 seconds for a winner’s dialogue and then move on. This makes the ideal round 3 – 4 minutes long as opposed to the current 4.5. Also, if INCIT has less then 5 submissions it should remain as pat. It would cause a ****storm of no thought posts in the dead of the night in search of leaderboard points and scoops if changed to an easier standard. As much as I personally get bored with it, it is a good failsafe to keep (extra) crap outta the hall of ****.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Thanks for taking part in this poll, guys. All your suggestions have been taken into account and implemented!

* You now have 2 minutes 30 seconds to enter (down from 3 minutes 20 seconds)
* Minimum voting time is now 30 seconds (with 6 seconds added for each additional entry)
* 30 seconds to display winners (down from 45 seconds)

This should make things a little more zippy.

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Holy crap the system works!! Log in to see images!

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Fingerz Posted:

Holy crap the system works!! Log in to see images!

hooray

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!