Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Debate POLL:Update - Good or Bad?

Sarcasm Inc

Avatar: 124937 2010-01-24 16:34:47 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

Not needed anymore now that we have the SarcMark

Overall, I like the update, hopefully it’ll waft a little fresh air into the musty, rancid public cubicle that is FWZ.

What do you think?

SanDyk

Avatar: 175636 2012-01-01 09:50:12 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I am the internet equivelent of Jon Stewart! Except less funny...

Voted Comedy Option

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Good.

People are just bawwwwwwing that “My STREAK WAS BROKEN BAD UPDATE BOOOO”.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

Good in general plus giving fresh air to the game. On the downside it made the balance issue even worse. And I’m not talking about Permanoobs, since we aren’t supposed to be balanced with the other clbumes, but look what happened to camwhores and emos.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

ChilePepino Posted:

Good in general plus giving fresh air to the game. On the downside it made the balance issue even worse. And I’m not talking about Permanoobs, since we aren’t supposed to be balanced with the other clbumes, but look what happened to camwhores and emos.

What’s wrong with Emos? I think we got the fair end of the deal. Our top two attacks are two different elements. And even with a thread heavily resisting my attack, I was still doing 1k damage.

CrinkzPipe edited this message on 09/12/2009 1:27PM

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

CrinkzPipe Posted:

What’s wrong with Emos? I think we got the fair end of the deal. Our top two attacks are two different elements. And even with a thread heavily resisting my attack, I was still doing 1k damage.

That’s what I meant, Emos got on the lucky side of the update while Camwhores got kind of nerfed.

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

ChilePepino Posted:

That’s what I meant, Emos got on the lucky side of the update while Camwhores got kind of nerfed.

This.

I do like that when solo raiding I can sit on a prepped forum for 45 minutes and still get my Log in to see images!

wtfmcnuggets

Avatar: 104315 Sat Apr 11 13:02:16 -0400 2009

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 40 Troll

i finally grew a male reproductive organ

I was worried that it was going to be bad and make pwning forums even more tedious, but I’m actually kinda enjoying it now. I vote good.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

ChilePepino Posted:

Ahh, didn’t get that from you post. I have to kinda agree. Hope ET fixes some of this stuff in EP3.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

It’s a mix, lemon scoops are now much improved, in that I can reliably get 3 of them most of the time (the exception being when the forum has heavy resistance to my best attacks, in which case getting lemon scoops is rightfully much harder. On the other hand, I’m not sure I agree with the principle behind this attack type business, all feels a bit Pokemon-ish, but in practice it kinda seems to work. Hoping that new attacks, which I bumume are coming in Ep3, will close at least some of the gaps of having no high-level attack in a particular type.

The return attacks can be annoying… being prevented from doing anything for X turns feels like a cheap-shot way of pushing up the “turns taken” part of the fans formula and more varied effects could liven that up a bit. Would also be nice to have some new equippables that reduce the chance of negative status effects, or shorten their effects, or block them outright, probably in exchange for crappier stats. I prefer not using consumables, so that’d be a welcome alternative.

At the moment the balance of interesting options seems to have shifted in the forums’ favour – they have all kinds of status ailments they can afflict us with, I feel like we should have some comeback moves for status effects to apply to the forum. Again… may well be coming in Ep3 with new attacks.

The almanac really needs to be viewable outside of battle so that we can look over what we’ve learned. I’m sure the wiki will soon be filled in, but viewing your own would allow you to play the discovery game of only using information you’ve gathered yourself. Hope that happens soon.

I’d say that overall, it’s an incomplete success – optimistically speaking, Ep3 has the potential to round out the rough edges.

man-man edited this message on 09/12/2009 2:12PM

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

All camwhore top attacks are Narcissism, as a result I’m grinding fans instead of building a streak. I don’t want it to be ruined because I ran a forum immune to Narcissism attacks and resorting to hit less than a Permanoob so I can hit it Log in to see images!

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

The lopsidedness of camwhores has effects that vary from forum to forum, falling in a range from a minor boost to debilitating weakness. Something should probably be done to fix that.

Also I seem to be getting lower value deliveries than I used to, although that could be a sampling error or just a misperception.

Other than that? It’s a pretty solid update.

Joseph of Su-
burbia

Avatar: 182182 2014-09-14 14:41:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

Foumwarz.com, Dev-free since 2012!

I like it. Its kinda fun to play this game without it just being 1212121212 really fast, now i actually have to figure out what is happening in a forum. And there’s no incentive to going through it fast, so you can afford to read all the comments.

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

I can pwn forums several levels above my own now, but that’s probably from the heavy dose of upgrades rather than the changes.

Shiroi Hime

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

FWZ is turning into Pokemon…

How do you read the Almanac of Fora? O_O everytime I try, it makes me leave the forum T_T

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!