Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

It’s a mix, lemon scoops are now much improved, in that I can reliably get 3 of them most of the time (the exception being when the forum has heavy resistance to my best attacks, in which case getting lemon scoops is rightfully much harder. On the other hand, I’m not sure I agree with the principle behind this attack type business, all feels a bit Pokemon-ish, but in practice it kinda seems to work. Hoping that new attacks, which I bumume are coming in Ep3, will close at least some of the gaps of having no high-level attack in a particular type.

The return attacks can be annoying… being prevented from doing anything for X turns feels like a cheap-shot way of pushing up the “turns taken” part of the fans formula and more varied effects could liven that up a bit. Would also be nice to have some new equippables that reduce the chance of negative status effects, or shorten their effects, or block them outright, probably in exchange for crappier stats. I prefer not using consumables, so that’d be a welcome alternative.

At the moment the balance of interesting options seems to have shifted in the forums’ favour – they have all kinds of status ailments they can afflict us with, I feel like we should have some comeback moves for status effects to apply to the forum. Again… may well be coming in Ep3 with new attacks.

The almanac really needs to be viewable outside of battle so that we can look over what we’ve learned. I’m sure the wiki will soon be filled in, but viewing your own would allow you to play the discovery game of only using information you’ve gathered yourself. Hope that happens soon.

I’d say that overall, it’s an incomplete success – optimistically speaking, Ep3 has the potential to round out the rough edges.

man-man edited this message on 09/12/2009 2:12PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!