Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Gay Troll is weaker and more expensive than Re-Re

Re-Rewind

Avatar: 29572 Thu Oct 23 20:42:10 -0400 2008

Level 13 Permanoob

“PERMANOOB”

Discuss..

[PFE]

Level 21 Troll

Mad Scientist-in-Training

Ummm…wrong?

Let us break this down logically.

Claim: Troll is weaker than Re-Re

Rebumal: Unlike Re-Res, Trolls are able to obtain combat abilities. This fact alone shows that Trolls are more powerful.

Claim: Troll is more expensive than Re-Re

Rebumal: This claim simply doesn’t make sense. If you’re referring to the cost of repairs, then you are correct in that Re-Res lack of decent equipment means there’s not much to repair. But that’s not really a very strong argument!

doug05257

Avatar: 3798 Mon Oct 20 19:57:21 -0400 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 34 Troll

WILL YIFF FOR VANILLA SCOOPS!

Re-Re’s do obtain combat abilities. Check the wiki.

[PFE]

Level 21 Troll

Mad Scientist-in-Training

Well, okay, sure. They get two skills. Pretty weak ones (comparatively) at that. Doesn’t really bolster the original claim much, though. Log in to see images!

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Trolls get better attacks, and free stat points in Defense to compensate for having to buy more skills.

If you make more Flezz naked and going through forums than you do with equipment, you’re really bad at selecting gear. Plus, Trolls can take off just as much EQ as Re-Res, so this shouldn’t be a disadvantage for them.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Yes, they are weak attacks. There’s a reason we refer to it as hard mode.

Anyway no one told you to pick Re-re.

Balloon edited this message on 03/21/2008 12:49AM

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Actually I think he picked Re-Re.

And…he’s bragging about how they’re good, not complaining about them.

FIX MOAR

Sancdar edited this message on 03/21/2008 12:51AM

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Fix’d. I no reed gud.

Re-Rewind

Level 13 Permanoob

“PERMANOOB”

The first Re-Re attack is almost as strong as Insult and it doesn’t drain a secondary stat.

Re-Rewind

Level 13 Permanoob

“PERMANOOB”

My first character was a troll and he sucks, he’s stuck at level 7 because he can’t make money (Dirty Cop on contacts list, Shallow Esophagus has all my money). The troll needs to buy items to refill his douchebaggery as well as health, as a Re-Re I can just spam Drool and Hamsters and use the odd Smileprin.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Do Trolls run out of Douchebaggery a lot? Worst case, you end up using drool/bash/Insult and you’re still better off than a Re-Re.

Dryhad

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I think there’s a point in the Troll progression where lack of douchebaggery is a significant problem, but before that point your attacks are very cheap, and after that point your max douchebaggery reaches a point where you can get through even the toughest forum with only one douchebaggery restorer. It’s just an uneven patch, I think.

insert name

Level 10 Re-Re

one thing is really much easier as a Re-Re: you dont face a choice very often. So if using your brain does hurt you (and it seems like that when your troll stucks on level 7) be a Re-Re.

The only drawback is needing twice the time becoming level 10 and thrice the time to beat the game.

Re-Rewind

Level 13 Permanoob

“PERMANOOB”

insert name Posted:

one thing is really much easier as a Re-Re: you dont face a choice very often. So if using your brain does hurt you (and it seems like that when your troll stucks on level 7) be a Re-Re.

The only drawback is needing twice the time becoming level 10 and thrice the time to beat the game.

My troll has been grinding the weak forums for the last week so I can get deliveries to pay off dirty cop, also to buy consumables to pwn mission forums.

Dryhad Posted:

I think there’s a point in the Troll progression where lack of douchebaggery is a significant problem, but before that point your attacks are very cheap, and after that point your max douchebaggery reaches a point where you can get through even the toughest forum with only one douchebaggery restorer. It’s just an uneven patch, I think.

This.

I’m further into the game with my Re-Re already.

ROBO-MONSTER

Level 10 Re-Re

Hmm… Let’s see here: Buying every one of the Troll’s useful skills is 25 UP. Buying the weak Re-Re attack is 25 UP. Yeah, those are totally equivalent in terms of power. Log in to see images!

When I beat the last forum as a Re-Re, it took 35 Smileprin XR. However, I attempted it beforehand with 30 Smileprin and failed. That means it took me 65 Smileprin XR to defeat. As a Troll, it was 5 Smileprin XR and three Jimsonweed extracts. Figure out the price difference.

Re-Re is the challenge clbum and is most bumuredly not stronger than Troll. (Well, maybe when the Re-Re bonus attacks were first introduced. They did more damage than Emo attacks. Although, I came too late to benefit from that…Log in to see images!

Re-Rewind

Level 13 Permanoob

“PERMANOOB”

ROBO-MONSTER Posted:

Hmm… Let’s see here: Buying every one of the Troll’s useful skills is 25 UP. Buying the weak Re-Re attack is 25 UP. Yeah, those are totally equivalent in terms of power. Log in to see images!

When I beat the last forum as a Re-Re, it took 35 Smileprin XR. However, I attempted it beforehand with 30 Smileprin and failed. That means it took me 65 Smileprin XR to defeat. As a Troll, it was 5 Smileprin XR and three Jimsonweed extracts. Figure out the price difference.

Re-Re is the challenge clbum and is most bumuredly not stronger than Troll. (Well, maybe when the Re-Re bonus attacks were first introduced. They did more damage than Emo attacks. Although, I came too late to benefit from that…Log in to see images!

I rushed through the game with Emo and Camwhore, Troll is the only one that has given me any trouble. Seriously the Troll sucks bad, the Re-Re if not better is certainly easier to play as.

Amp Zaphrix

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Point in the Devil’s Advocate corner:

Trolls, unlike re-res, have a secondary attribute which is required to use our clbum-specific skills, and does require items to restore.

insert name

Level 10 Re-Re

Re-Rewind Posted:

My troll has been grinding the weak forums for the last week so I can get deliveries to pay off dirty cop, also to buy consumables to pwn mission forums.

Have you tried the HoMO forum? Nearly 2000 creds per pwnage @ 16 threads, and you should be able to getem without drugs @ Level 7.

ROBO-MONSTER

Level 10 Re-Re

Amp Zaphrix Posted:

Point in the Devil’s Advocate corner:

Trolls, unlike re-res, have a secondary attribute which is required to use our clbum-specific skills, and does require items to restore.

Douchebaggery costs far less to purchase than the difference in healing consumables between the two clbumes. A troll should need little to no healing on any but the hardest Forums. A Re-Re needs healing on just about lvl 3’s and up.

Re-Rewind

Level 13 Permanoob

“PERMANOOB”

insert name Posted:

Have you tried the HoMO forum? Nearly 2000 creds per pwnage @ 16 threads, and you should be able to getem without drugs @ Level 7.

After 1 run my troll got to level 8 and I pwned the forums I needed to.
kthxbai

Re-Re is still better
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!