Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ban Me Petition to preserve Fran is Fat

Asuka424

Avatar: 167197 Thu Aug 06 23:54:40 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 59 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

Personally, I think this week’s build might still be salvageable, but we’re going to have to wait a bit to see how it turns out.

Please see that it’s salvaged. That’s all I’ve got.

Kittysan

Level 40 Re-Re

I'm a fabulous person who goes back on Dom ties

Count me in with Dunatis. I see nothing funny about this one, and I consider myself easily amused. It’s just one big incomprehensible in-joke. Log in to see images!

And yes, it won “democratically”. Log in to see images!. First place even with less than 8 hours left, the heck?

Fran Posted:

tl;dr get your bull**** out of here and let people who don’t take stuff seriously have fun for a week Christ. One week without Forumbuildr is not going to kill you..

Yes, it won’t. Because I’m boycotting it this week. Log in to see images!

P.S. Nothing against you personally, Fran. I just can’t accept this ridiculous Log in to see images!

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Kittysan Posted:

Count me in with Dunatis. I see nothing funny about this one, and I consider myself easily amused. It’s just one big incomprehensible in-joke. Log in to see images!

And yes, it won “democratically”. Log in to see images!. First place even with less than 8 hours left, the heck?

Yes, it won’t. Because I’m boycotting it this week. Log in to see images!

P.S. Nothing against you personally, Fran. I just can’t accept this ridiculous Log in to see images!

It’s not an abuse if the system is so broken a sub can be there all week and be in first with three upvotes.

Kittysan

Level 40 Re-Re

And a side effect of this monstrous atrocity. This thread.

Shii Posted:

I have finished using all 70 submissions on “fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society” avatars.

I am currently at 27 chocolate scoops in the last…

10-15 minutes. And rising very quickly.

EDIT: 30.

Shii Posted:

Now up to 48 chocos. It’s been 20 minutes.

So everybody is submitting nonsense like crazy. Then they are voted up like crazy. And submitters gain Log in to see images! like crazy.

See the problem here? Not only they’re breaking Forumbuildr, now they’re breaking Domination itself.

I can hardly see how this is fair or acceptable. Winning Log in to see images! is another…

Edit: Demonstration of game-breaking Log in to see images! Kittysan edited this message on 08/31/2009 1:06PM

Fortunato

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

Kittysan Posted:

And a side effect of this monstrous atrocity. This thread.

So everybody is submitting nonsense like crazy. Then they are voted up like crazy. And submitters gain Log in to see images! like crazy.

See the problem here? Not only they’re breaking Forumbuildr, now they’re breaking Domination itself. I can hardly see how this is fair or acceptable. Winning Log in to see images!

ok with all due respect, you haven’t been here very long. Chocolate, even chocolate to this degree, isn’t a game breaker in dom. Maybe in a lower bracket, but in brackets where it matters, choco, even 100 scoops worth, is actually fairly unlikely to break it.

Fortunato edited this message on 08/31/2009 1:01PM

Fortunato

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

OK, this is a little game breaking. But honestly, the buildr/dom mechanic needs work anyway, and if this is a demonstration of that fact, well, so be it.

Edit: well it probably didn’t need to be said, and I probably didn’t need to say it Log in to see images! Fortunato edited this message on 08/31/2009 1:12PM

Kittysan

Level 40 Re-Re

Fortunato Posted:

ok with all due respect, you haven’t been here very long. Chocolate, even chocolate to this degree, isn’t a game breaker in dom. Maybe in a lower bracket, but in brackets where it matters, choco, even 100 scoops worth, is actually fairly unlikely to break it.

At the time of this post, Shii has 200 Log in to see images!

And he’s in 7 medals bracket. I was there before. I know 200 Log in to see images!

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Fortunato Posted:

OK, this is a little game breaking. But honestly, the buildr/dom mechanic needs work anyway, and if this is a demonstration of that fact, well, so be it.

Great! It’s been demonstrated. Thanks for playing, everyone.

Fortunato

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

sorry Jb, didn’t mean to be nasty.

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

As for this petition: We’re going to discuss what to do with this forum tonight, and then we’ll make an official statement.

You see? This is why the petition is here.

You’re saying that older players and spam are “why people quit buildr?” Are you kidding me? Have you looked at older forums vs. newer ones? I can crack a smile and even laugh sometimes at older forums but the new ones have completely 0% humor whatsoever. The enemies just have a sentence vaguely related to the thread for a username instead of a clever pun or something like in the older forums. No usernames are like that and it doesn’t make sense. The forum ideas overall aren’t parodies of sites now. They are just a non-joke forum for some random topic and all the usernames are not jokes and all the replies are not jokes. Saying “lol pedobear” ad infinitum is not hilarious. It becomes akin to talking about the weather. Your userbase has shifted from adults with mature senses of humor to 15 yo’s who can only repeat everything they hear. It is because they are still children and repetition is the way an immature brain learns, plus they are still at an age where they desire to be like everyone else.

I tried to upvote/downvote to salvage the forum, and I kind of understand at this point if you scrap it just because the entire thing is “fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society,” but I don’t think the actual current buildr crew has had their say. There’s already a bunch of unfunny jokes we’ve all heard 1000 times in there, so just wait until the end of the week until you decide. It’s honestly the same level of humor whether it says “fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society” or a bunch of old “yo mama” jokes.

I will never forget when one of the newer players asked me, “Why does it have to be funny?”

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

one of the newer players asked me, “Why does it have to be funny?”

/me blinks.

/me blinks again.

Seriously?????

Is it really that hard to believe?

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

You see? This is why the petition is here.

You’re saying that older players and spam are “why people quit buildr?” Are you kidding me? Have you looked at older forums vs. newer ones? I can crack a smile and even laugh sometimes at older forums but the new ones have completely 0% humor whatsoever. The enemies just have a sentence vaguely related to the thread for a username instead of a clever pun or something like in the older forums. No usernames are like that and it doesn’t make sense. The forum ideas overall aren’t parodies of sites now. They are just a non-joke forum for some random topic and all the usernames are not jokes and all the replies are not jokes. Saying “lol pedobear” ad infinitum is not hilarious. It becomes akin to talking about the weather. Your userbase has shifted from adults with mature senses of humor to 15 yo’s who can only repeat everything they hear. It is because they are still children and repetition is the way an immature brain learns, plus they are still at an age where they desire to be like everyone else.

I tried to upvote/downvote to salvage the forum, and I kind of understand at this point if you scrap it just because the entire thing is “fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society,” but I don’t think the actual current buildr crew has had their say. There’s already a bunch of unfunny jokes we’ve all heard 1000 times in there, so just wait until the end of the week until you decide. It’s honestly the same level of humor whether it says “fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society” or a bunch of old “yo mama” jokes.

I will never forget when one of the newer players asked me, “Why does it have to be funny?”

Hey, I agree that the quality of the forum builds may have peaked some time ago. I’m just saying it’s unfair and unreasonable to say that every submitter/submission past a certain cutoff point has been complete crap.

Fran Posted:

It’s the most hilarious forum since Log in to see images! imo

I crack up any time I upvote a fine upstanding member of society submission.

Yeah. Kinda hard to compete with that.

Kittysan

Level 40 Re-Re

Fran Posted:

It won, fair and square. It did not have illegal multis. A ton of forums also have stupid jokes and you don’t see myself or any other whining about that. We decided to abandon buildr since we knew we weren’t going to win against the unfunny fabulous persons from ED, then 4chan.

Saying “lol pedobear” ad infinitum is not hilarious. It becomes akin to talking about the weather. Your userbase has shifted from adults with mature senses of humor to 15 yo’s who can only repeat everything they hear. It is because they are still children and repetition is the way an immature brain learns, plus they are still at an age where they desire to be like everyone else.

I tried to upvote/downvote to salvage the forum, and I kind of understand at this point if you scrap it just because the entire thing is “fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society,” but I don’t think the actual current buildr crew has had their say.

Wow, elitist much? For the record, I neither come from 4chan nor I like ED’s style of “humor.” I’m more of an Uncyclopedia and Cracked kind of guy, appreciating intelligent laughs. And while I’m not going to tell my age here, in real life I’m much older than 15 years old.

And yet I don’t find this extremely obscure in-joke funny.

Oh, isn’t it ironic that submissions from “adults with mature senses of humor” are repetitions of “fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society”, and “adults with mature senses of humor” keep voting them up?

Way to show those “15 yo’s who can only repeat everything they hear” guys!

Kittysan edited this message on 08/31/2009 2:11PM

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Can’t say that I find the forum idea and the fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society avatars very funny but it’s bizarre and I like that.

Amasius edited this message on 08/31/2009 2:24PM

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Kittysan Posted:

Wow, elitist much? For the record, I neither come from 4chan nor I like ED’s style of “humor.” I’m more of an Uncyclopedia and Cracked kind of guy, appreciating intelligent laughs. And while I’m not going to tell my age here, in real life I’m much older than 15 years old.

Oh, isn’t it ironic that submissions from “adults with mature senses of humor” are repetitions of “fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society”, and “adults with mature senses of humor” keep voting them up?

It’s not funny because it’s an obscure in-joke.

It’s funny because it’s ridiculing and mocking how broken Forumbuildr is. That’s why I used all my submissions on avatars (I did that when there were only about 140 avatar submissions total, so I was hardly a bandwagoner, by the way.)

Honestly, while I got a lot of chocolate a lot faster than I usually did, I would get 200+ a week from buildr as it used to be anyway.

I quit playing ForumBuildr when I got 19 submissions in to a single forum one week, and then 9 the next using only half my submissions. It’s too easy when you have a crapload of submissions at your disposal and it’s not fun playing something that’s broken.

However, making fun of something broken is funny. That’s why Itembuildr subs about Evil Trout’s forehead tattoo and “Another Itembuildr Emo Tattoo” win. Because the regular submissions have lost the sparkle they used to have.

So yes, sorry about “abusing” something. The truth of the matter is that last night, more people played ForumBuildr than have used it in the last year, a lot of them older players who really never played it before.

I know I used it for the first time in 3 months. If having fun is going to be a problem I’ll be happy to leave again.

Kittysan Posted:

I don’t and have never found fine upstanding member of society funny. I do not find any alts that say one word or phrase or pic in every single thread funny. It’s just spam no matter who’s doing it. But Shii already answered this in his first sentence – it’s there to make fun of what buildr’s become.

I’m not the one submitting the wops or whatever.

Actually, I already had the answer in my original statement:

It’s honestly the same level of humor whether it says “fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society” or a bunch of old “yo mama” jokes.

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 edited this message on 08/31/2009 2:29PM

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

One thing that may have been brought up as a joke, but which might actually be a good idea is to make this forum a “level 37” – make it so hard as to not be regularly used, and then only by people who have been here a reasonable amount of time.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Catt although Posted:

One thing that may have been brought up as a joke, but which might actually be a good idea is to make this forum a “level 37” – make it so hard as to not be regularly used, and then only by people who have been here a reasonable amount of time.

I support this.

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

I’ve done soul searching, as a Buildr with a score of 22 who hasn’t played in months, and I believe Leetlol hit my point perfectly.

Forumbuildr used to be “which is the wittiest” not “which of these would make a 13 year old laugh”

Somewhere along the way, it lost that. Sometime after the third consecutive Bashy Forum, I just stopped altogether because it was obvious that a certain level of humor that got me to 22 was not going to get me further. My talent pool peaked at Wal-Martyr when it happened, and through sheer dumb luck did that even make it through after the 3 weeks it took for selection. I’ve had others, some with puns and some without. They usually scored positive early on (barring the mbum downvote that was the first night) and people liked them. Fastforward to a month ago, when I submitted a couple of old ideas I had written down with one of my alts. -5’d, and I’m sure not for lack of originality.

This isn’t a Fran in-joke. It’s a forumbuildr one, and unlike MC Banhammer’s old title, you only get to be in on this one if you fell for it early on.

Compare Great Firewall of China to Pushy Parents, Hall of Faded Fame to Post-Apocolyptic Survival Society. Everything in here already has been done to death, and we’re just recycling old ideas.

Hell, some ideas looked **** on paper and turned out beautifully. I couldn’t have been more wrong about Hitchhikers Guide to the Internet, I was sure that would turn out stupid and it didn’t. It was humor on a Douglas Adams level, not a 4chan level like I predicted.

This was also one of the last few forums I saw come to fruition before ditching the buildr outright.

Rant’s over, this is only funny if you see the suck influx from the old perspective. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!