Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Goatse.cx So, something happened earlier and apparently it's up to either me or Hobart to bring up these things.

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

the rules can be readjusted once the aspects are separated.

make shockposting in cd much longer.

K this is embarbuming to admit but i’m a longtime member of facepunch studios forums. they are run extremely well imo. people get banned all the time for all kinds of stuff. it’s an instant 7 day ban for posting shock anywhere there.

they also have a refugee camp (jail) where banned people can appeal. they only see the threads they make in there as well as the admin/mod/gold member replies.

i would very much like CZ to steal their system and apply it here.

– seperate flamebate bans from game bans

– flamebate bans turn off all the forums and leave a jail forum

– jail forum only shows the banned person’s posts. they can appeal in there.

– spamming jail extends your ban

– people who buy BP can see the jail maybe (perk of purchasing Log in to see images!)

– rules can be tweaked to fit the changes

– mods can be more ‘don’t **** up this place, jailtime’

– USER BANNED text can be automatically put on posts in red without having to mod edit

– BANEND will show up instead of custom titles.

seriously go kill braincells and see how facepunch is run. it’s really good in terms of a system to emulate here with regards to how they ban people. the mods are nazis there but if you don’t **** around you dont get banned.

All of this but ESPECIALLY this:

– people who buy BP can see the jail maybe (perk of purchasing )

That’s one thing I’ve always wanted to see on the other games I’ve played; I’ve even offered to pay money for the opportunity but was always denied. Being game staff on one of them finally allowed me some wicked lulz seeing the way people FREAK OUT when jailed, sorta like that whole ET/FalconFour interchange a few months back. I can see that feature being a big moneymaker for CZ if they decide to go ahead and implement that.

lol mayhap you should call it TERRORDOME???

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

MC Banhammer Posted:

That’s true here too, you know.

i dunno the tone of fp’s ban system is different and people just live with it.

people don’t accept it here so facepunch is doing something right that we aren’t

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

The Unknown Comic Posted:

Let’s not forget I was effected by the 4/20 bans, too, and I’m still waiting for my reparations.

Here’s my problem with most of the “trolling” on this site: it’s so stupid. DKR is pretty lame, but his gimmick was at least fresh at the time and he’s stuck to it like a champ. It gets everyone riled up, we get to see some images of kaisers, it’s his thing. Then you have people like Nailbomb or the Draginz spammers a few months back who can’t think for themselves and have to steal other people’s schticks. Nailbomb has now added necro-posting which I suppose is a little bit better, but it’s still image spam with a common theme and while DKR didn’t invent that it’s obvious Nailbomb got inspired by DKR.

I think people shouldn’t be given bans for being annoying, because let’s face it pretty much everyone on this board is annoying to some degree or another. Ban them for just not being worthwhile. If they can’t come up with an inventive way to be annoying, why not give them a break so they can think up a new gimmick.

I agree with this. I kind of liked DerKaiser at the beginning because his dedication to his gimmick is inspiring, lol. Nailbomb and draginz guy are just losers who picked someone else’s gimmick and thought it would make them troll heroes.

As far as immersion goes, 1337lol, I’ve always felt the same way, that it didn’t make much sense to have a male troll be your convo no matter what you were clbum-wise. I know that the reason is workload though; when you are one person (Jalapeno Bootyhole) writing an entire convo set for one Episode alone is a mbumive amount of work.

Let alone writing FIVE convo sets for Episode 2 or something. It would just be nigh unfeasible. Maybe that’s something for the apprentices to work on, I don’t know, but EP 3 writing takes enough time as it is. I’d love to see clbum-based sTalk, but I just don’t know if it’s possible. Especially for clbumes like permanoob that can’t really discuss intelligently.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

i dunno the tone of fp’s ban system is different and people just live with it.

people don’t accept it here so facepunch is doing something right that we aren’t

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

the mods are nazis there

I’d rather not go that route, thanks.

Shii Posted:

clbumes like permanoob that can’t really discuss intelligently.

That’s just one way of playing them. Other forms of permanoobs are able to discuss things very intelligently but not have a clue about the internets or inter-personal relationships.

True for emo kids, too. They’re not all “cut me”, that’s just how they’re reflected by everyone playing them on this site.

But this part is all another discussion.

I’ve already said in here that I admire his tenacity. I still had his images blocked but it’s temporarily funny to watch everyone freak out. By now, though, it’s just irritating even to me and I have very low care levels.

I’m sure the reason after ep 1 to keep it directed at one PC is just consistency. Still, most of the dialogue could have remained the same for all eps, with just minor tweaks.

I don’t think the jail forum is necessary. Think about if I’m in there, or Hobart, people like that. We would and could argue endlessly.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

mcb it’s weird because they are nazis but people get away with lots of douchebaggery and trolling and stuff. it’s pretty loose.

the whole ‘i dont want to post because i will get banned’ thing that people whine about here doesn’t exist publicly over there

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

I don’t think the jail forum is necessary. Think about if I’m in there, or Hobart, people like that. We would and could argue endlessly.

you can only see your own posts in it. it’s a huge forum but you only get the one thread and nobody but you and the mods can post in it

to the banned person it looks like an empty forum. you make an appeal thread then you see the one thrad.

mods and whatever see all the threads and post in them.

i personally like it from a mod standpoint because you just post rather than email when they appeal bans. that way people know your’e looking into, not getting unbanned, it’s a rule, w/e and you don’t have to email them.

as it is there’s no way other than offsite emails to contact banned players

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 07/10/2009 2:04PM

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

They’d just extend your bans/jailings tho or make it so you couldn’t post AT ALL. They’d definitely work something out, I’m sure of it.

ZomBiggie Sm-
alls

Avatar: 186903 Fri Jun 19 15:58:57 -0400 2009

Level 24 Troll

Life After Death

yo check it, hey

dis one goes out to mah boy charlie sheen

pro actor, he say what he mean

rappin’ ‘bout flamebate

turned into somthin we hate

rp heavyweights

dey made dis place great

its time to fix tha problems

it might just be too late

all yall fine upstanding member of societys readin dis

sg94 n alts will be sore missed

zomB.I.G. is ****ed

so lissen to me

its time to bring tha rp

grab yo BP

make some alts, see

lets make dese forums how dey used ta be

zombiggie out

El_Underscoro

Avatar: 66961 2009-09-21 14:44:44 -0400

Level 23 Permanoob

Que_es_esto_que_ni_siquiera

ZomBiggie Smalls Posted:

yo check it, hey

dis one goes out to mah boy charlie sheen

pro actor, he say what he mean

rappin’ ‘bout flamebate

turned into somthin we hate

rp heavyweights

dey made dis place great

its time to fix tha problems

it might just be too late

all yall fine upstanding member of societys readin dis

sg94 n alts will be sore missed

zomB.I.G. is ****ed

so lissen to me

its time to bring tha rp

grab yo BP

make some alts, see

lets make dese forums how dey used ta be

zombiggie out

No Zombie is safe from Chicago Ted. Fork over some BP or you’re going back to the other side of the afterworld via a shotgun

If some cool rps had posted in my contest, the whole contest debacle would not have happened

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

MC Banhammer Posted:

That’s what got us into this mess in the first place! People complaining about subjective modding.

A loto of good stuff in this thread, but I’d like to address this. MCB, if the “rules” and the banning system were changed to state explicitly that the RP forums were subjectively modded, there would be no arguement. You guys got into trouble when you started trying to incorporate every little loophole and grey area into a well-defined rule system. I hate to keep harping on the new community, but hang on.

I’m going to stop mid sentence because I just realized that forumwarz has become exactly what it started off parodying. A good number of the newer posters don’t see that we’re making fun of idiots and spammers and trolls that exist on other forums. They are the idiots and spammers and trolls we used to parody. I really can’t get past that right now but good work CZ I guess.

What level of meta is that exactly

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

I just realized that forumwarz has become exactly what it started off parodying. A good number of the newer posters don’t see that we’re making fun of idiots and spammers and trolls that exist on other forums. They are the idiots and spammers and trolls we used to parody. I really can’t get past that right now but good work CZ I guess.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

if the “rules” and the banning system were changed to state explicitly that the RP forums were subjectively modded, there would be no arguement..

If I can get this backed up by the majority of people, I will push for this until my voice gets hoarse.

Created a poll.

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

I’d like to propose a moment of silence for the awesome people we’ve lost and for what this forum used to be.

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

I’m going to stop mid sentence because I just realized that forumwarz has become exactly what it started off parodying. A good number of the newer posters don’t see that we’re making fun of idiots and spammers and trolls that exist on other forums. They are the idiots and spammers and trolls we used to parody. I really can’t get past that right now but good work CZ I guess.

this. absolutely. bing-****ing-o

The Unknown -
Comic

Avatar: 95506 Tue Dec 09 09:40:49 -0500 2008

[Gimmick Alts and R-
ole-Players Local -
Union 352
]

Level 2 Re-Re

I'M AWESOME APPRECIATE ME PLZ

I would like to read a formal statement from the Gimmick Alts and Role-Players Local Union #352:

Gimmick Alts and Role-Players Local Union #352 would like to see greater clemency for role-playing in Civil Discussion. Gimmick alts and role-players are creative force that make the boards a little more fun and are a change of pace from recycled post ideas and bland, predictable responses. It is our belief that if a good role-player wanders into Civil Discussion and posts in-character their post should not be viewed only on its merits as an individual post, but as a part of a whole. Obviously, if a post is a blatant troll, off-topic, or goes far beyond acceptable limits they should be punished. Furthermore, the original poster should be (if possible) contacted to see if the post in question has offended or betrayed the original purpose of the thread. Also, if a thread clearly has no forward momentum even greater clemency should be given. Naturally, at this stage the details are not set in stone, but we here at Gimmick Alts and Role-Players Local Union #352 are striving to create a mutually beneficial world where well-crafted gimmick alts and role-players are safe from persecution.

The Unknown Comic edited this message on 07/10/2009 7:58PM

Shaggy Rogers

Avatar: 165479 Sat Mar 21 12:26:33 -0400 2009

[Mystery Inc]

Level 1 Re-Re

I would like to read a formal statement from the Gimmick Alts and Role-Players Local Union #352:

Hey, like, there’s a union, man?

Groovy.

Femline

Avatar: 124524 Fri Jan 23 03:23:48 -0500 2009

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Gimmick Alts and Role-Players Local Union #352 would like to see greater clemency for role-playing in Civil Discussion. Gimmick alts and role-players are creative force that make the boards a little more fun and are a change of pace from recycled post ideas and bland, predictable responses. It is our belief that if a good role-player wanders into Civil Discussion and posts in-character their post should not be viewed only on its merits as an individual post, but as a part of a whole. Obviously, if a post is a blatant troll, off-topic, or goes far beyond acceptable limits they should be punished. Furthermore, the original poster should be (if possible) contacted to see if the post in question has offended or betrayed the original purpose of the thread. Also, if a thread clearly has no forward momentum even greater clemency should be given. Naturally, at this stage the details are not set in stone, but we hear at Gimmick Alts and Role-Players Local Union #352 are striving to create a mutually beneficial world where well-crafted gimmick alts and role-players are safe from persecution.

So help out the Gimmick Alts and Role-Players Local Union #352 and contact your Congressman (or admin) and tell him that you won’t stand for Gimmick Alt and Role-Player persecution any longer! Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!