Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
FAQ Site Rules (Updated May 9, 2010 at 3:14 PM)

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Please see this Help article for all the current site rules.

Until code is written to support thread locking, please treat this thread as a locked one which only moderators can reply to. All other posts will be deleted.

This article represents all the current rules. We are continuing to discuss and refine the rules. When changes are made they will be added to the article, a post will be made in this thread with the changes, and the update date/time in the subject line will be changed. We are also discussing other means of notification.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Incidentally, as part of this procedural change, no rules were added, but one was removed: It is now NO LONGER a permabannable offense to pretend to be a permabanned player.

It will still be considered an offense, though.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Please note my initial update post (directly above this) was incorrect due to faulty knowledge. It has been updated.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

New rule modification: Embedded shock is now allowed in RP forums ONLY. There are options to change how you see embedded images.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

MC Banhammer Posted:

Incidentally, as part of this procedural change, no rules were added, but one was removed: It is now NO LONGER a permabannable offense to pretend to be a permabanned player.

It will still be considered an offense, though.

This rule has been clarified and codified in the Knowledge Base.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

Site rules updated.

• New section for Tubmail rules added.

• New rules for Contests Forum added.

• Links to definitions of trolling, shock and mini-modding added.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

The rule against posting personal information has been refined and clarified.

4) DO NOT DIVULGE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT OTHERS WHICH THEY DO NOT REVEAL ON FORUMWARZ

“Personal information” means information such as a player’s full name, e-mail address, date of birth, home address, Skype nickname, external contact methods, etc.

If someone is recognized or reported for posting such personal information, and cannot produce a link to a public Flamebate post (not an IDC chat log, Tubmail, or secret Klan post) where that information was willingly made available by the owner of that information, the offender will be issued an instant site ban (not a community ban). NOTE: Moderators will take into account if the linked-to post has been edited after the report.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

MC Banhammer Posted:

The rule against posting personal information has been refined and clarified.

In addition, that same page now mentions community versus site bans. As we continue to refine this new functionality and get feedback, we will update the relevant sections in the KB.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I’d like to reiterate this.

4) DO NOT DIVULGE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT OTHERS WHICH THEY DO NOT REVEAL ON FORUMWARZ

“Personal information” means information such as a player’s full name, e-mail address, date of birth, home address, Skype nickname, external contact methods, etc.

If someone is recognized or reported for posting such personal information, and cannot produce a link to a public Flamebate post (not an IDC chat log, Tubmail, or secret Klan post) where that information was willingly made available by the owner of that information, the offender will be issued an instant site ban (not a community ban). NOTE: Moderators will take into account if the linked-to post has been edited after the report.

That includes “obvious” offsite identities. That includes images that someone posted in IDC, which is unmoderated, as trollbait to try to get you to post it here. If you think it can get you banned, don’t do it.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

We have clarified the section on stickied threads. Since a new rule hasn’t been instated, we’re not considering it a real update.

1): STICKIES

Threads are stickied for a reason. When posting in sticky threads, even in RP, you MUST stay reasonably on-topic. Although you may flame other players or post NSFW content, do not spam the thread or post text or images which do not directly relate to the thread’s original purpose.

For example, don’t post Goatse in a stickied camwhore RP thread (unless the picture is of you in the Goatse position), or frolicking Care Bears in a stickied shock pic RP thread (unless you’re asking someone to make Goatse-fied versions of them). Note that in Civil Discussion, the normal forum rules still apply.

Basically, the idea is to try to enforce actual RPing in stickied RP threads. Time will tell as to how practical this is.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

The “don’t be an bumhole” rule has been updated as follows:

1) Don’t be an bumhole, no trolling.

The Civil Discussion forums are for discussing Forumwarz and the real world in a useful and entertaining fashion. Don’t troll them up with personal insults, nonconstructive criticism/suggestions/answers, off-topic posts, mini-modding, and the like.

Formatting and capitalization should be used in a manner which is easy to read and not deliberately annoying. While occasional use of all-caps will be excused, repeated use of excessive capitalization, bolding, large fonts, etc., will be treated as trolling. AlTeRnAtInG caps and l33t 5p3@k should never be used.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

Couple new rules for INCIT: No spamming the chat (which should be obvious, but I threw it in there) and no spamming the entries themselves.

2) Do not spam INCIT’s chat.

3) Do not vandalize INCIT by spamming the game itself. This means deliberately submitting nonsensical words or strings of text that are unrelated to the image generated.

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Reminder: This is not a discussion thread. This is to announce site rules ONLY. Cleaning it up. You go discuss elsewhere.

MC Banhammer edited this message on 09/21/2009 12:48PM

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

Couple new rules for INCIT: No spamming the chat (which should be obvious, but I threw it in there) and no spamming the entries themselves.

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.

Based on discussions we’ve had with other players, INCIT’s rules have been clarified and extended, specifically in regards to votewhoring and plagiarism:

INCIT RULES

1) Do not commit voting fraud. This includes any action on your part to solicit votes for or against any particular submission; you should not even indicate or hint that a given submission belongs to you or another player, whether in chat or within the submission itself.

2) Do not spam INCIT’s chat.

3) Do not vandalize INCIT by spamming the game itself. This means deliberately submitting gibberish, illegible strings of text, or non-sequiturs that are clearly unrelated to the image generated. These are considered “dump” entries, which have the effect of spoiling or derailing the game.

(Note: If you are unable to come up with a good idea within the time allotted, it is sometimes best to wait until the next round. Keep in mind the submission period will continue to extend until five entries are received. If you are concerned that your entry might be considered spam, it is advisable not vote that round to avoid accidentally winning due to the “dumpvoting” strategy.)

4) Do not plagiarize or copy previously submitted entries, including your own. This can mean copying well-known entries that have won before; copying other people’s submissions from previous rounds; or simply resubmitting the same entry (or variations of the same entry) regardless of relevance.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Official update coming soon, but this needs addressing now.

Posting libel with malicious intent in bumociation with a player’s real name is not cool. It goes beyond the realm of role-playing and enters the realm of defamation. That is unacceptable behavior on this or any forum.

Regarding the link to the picture in Chawin’s thread, he bumured CZ it wasn’t really his and thought it was well understood that it was a joke. But just to avoid controversy, the link has been removed, as well as the image in the original thread.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

OFFICIAL UPDATE

The following rules have been added to the Miscellaneous section.

3) If a user is known to be willfully hurting Forumwarz.com or its related properties, even outside the site itself, it is within the administrators’ discretion to ban the offending party from the community or site.

4) Posting libel with malicious intent in bumociation with a player’s real name is not cool. It goes beyond the realm of role-playing and enters the realm of defamation. That is unacceptable behavior on this or any forum.

Please remember that this thread is considered “locked” and should not be used for questions or discussion. Any non-moderator posts will be deleted.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

The wording regarding game-related Wiki vandalism has changed. Note the addition of “canonical.”

Individual moderators’ pages on the Wiki are no longer considered protected. Admin pages still are. Please do not vandalize the the moderator overview page.

Newly added: “Do not excessively spam the Wiki with junk articles.”

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

The site rules now take into account the Advanced Role-Playing (ARP) forum.

Basically, it’s a role-playing forum where you have to post in character. Embedded shock is also not allowed in ARP — we’re trying to promote creativity and originality, not the ability to press Ctrl-V.

For detailed information, see the forum’s Read Me: http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/51118-read-me-itt-we-strictly-post-in-character-and-no-embedded-shock

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

page 2 sniper or some **** idk

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

why are you so rude, no postin allowed

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!