Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Board Games DnD forum campaing.

ANGRY HOBO

Avatar: 49150 Tue Aug 11 01:43:48 -0400 2009

Level 28 Emo Kid

lmbo i gave this account and now its full of people :D bye all this game is ****....................

Raepdog Posted:

Bard.

you need to focus on Charisma, Dexterity and Intelligence.

What if hes a strength bard?

cya

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

Then we’re all completely buggered ):

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

ANGRY HOBO Posted:

you need to focus on Charisma, Dexterity and Intelligence.

How do I make the character Im confused?

ANGRY HOBO

Level 28 Emo Kid

lmbo i gave this account and now its full of people :D bye all this game is ****....................

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

he will have a bard with lot’s of strenght and stuff

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Okay, that works even better.

I’ll be making my character later tonight. If anyone wants any advice on a good build for their character, TM me.

ANGRY HOBO

Level 28 Emo Kid

Raepdog Posted:

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/589625

And ill make most of the rest

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Raepdog Posted:

You’ve got 72 points to spend on your 6 different statistics: Strength, Constitution, Dexterity, Intelligence, Wisdom, Charisma.

An average human has 10-11 in each of these stats. If the number is lower, then they are deficient in that area in some way. If it is higher, then they are exceptional in some way. This is represented by a penalty or bonus to any action related to that statistic.

2-3 (-4)

4-5 (-3)

6-7 (-2)

8-9 (-1)

10-11 (No Bonus/Penalty)

12-13 (+1)

14-15 (+2)

16-17 (+3)

18-20 (+4)

Virtually all game mechanics are resolved by a 20-sided die. The DM bumigns a difficulty clbum (DC) to a particular task, and you roll a D20 and add/subtract any bonus/penalty. For example, if you are attempting to break down a simple wooden door, this is a Strength related task with a DC 13. If you have a Strength of 14, you get a +2 to your die roll. So, you have to roll an 11 or higher to break down the simple door. If you fail on the first attempt, you can try again. So, with a Strength of 14, you’ve got about a 50%/50% chance of breaking it down on the first try.

If your Strength was an 8, then because of your penalty, you’d have to roll a 14 or higher to break down the door. So, you’ve only got a 35% chance to break it down on the first try.

The same idea applies to any statistic, and any task. Walking along a tightrope would be a Dexterity-related task, researching the location of a long-lost tomb would be an Intelligence-related task, persuading a town mayor to hire your adventuring company might would be a Charisma-related task, and so on.

A Bard’s primary focus in these kinds of areas (especially knowing all kinds of useful & useless trivia about anything and everything), so Dexterity, Charisma & Intelligence are all important for you.

A Bard’s spellcasting ability is directly tied to his Charisma. His Bardic Music is directly related to the Perform Skill, which is a Charisma-based Skill. For this reason, a high Charisma is critical to a Bard’s success. I would recommend no less than a 15 in this statistic.

Next is Intelligence. Bards rely heavily upon Skills, and your Skill Points are determined by your clbum and your Intelligence. I recommend a 14 in this stat. That would give you 32 Skill points, which means you could have 8 different skills all maxed out as high as possible.

Then there’s Dexterity. Bard’s tend to favor light armor, and a high Dexterity can combine well with light armor to make you difficult to hit and/or injure. I would go with a 13 here.

This leaves you 30 points to spread among your 3 remaining stats. You can avoid having to worry about any penalties this way, or if you’re willing to play a Bard that’s not very strong, not very wise, and/or not very healthy, you can drop to an 8 or 9 in one or more of those stats and spend those points in one of your three primary stats.

Raepdog

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Sergeant Cid Posted:

You’ve got 72 points to spend on your 6 different statistics: Strength, Constitution, Dexterity, Intelligence, Wisdom, Charisma.

An average human has 10-11 in each of these stats. If the number is lower, then they are deficient in that area in some way. If it is higher, then they are exceptional in some way. This is represented by a penalty or bonus to any action related to that statistic.

2-3 (-4)

4-5 (-3)

6-7 (-2)

8-9 (-1)

10-11 (No Bonus/Penalty)

12-13 (+1)

14-15 (+2)

16-17 (+3)

18-20 (+4)

Virtually all game mechanics are resolved by a 20-sided die. The DM bumigns a difficulty clbum (DC) to a particular task, and you roll a D20 and add/subtract any bonus/penalty. For example, if you are attempting to break down a simple wooden door, this is a Strength related task with a DC 13. If you have a Strength of 14, you get a +2 to your die roll. So, you have to roll an 11 or higher to break down the simple door. If you fail on the first attempt, you can try again. So, with a Strength of 14, you’ve got about a 50%/50% chance of breaking it down on the first try.

If your Strength was an 8, then because of your penalty, you’d have to roll a 14 or higher to break down the door. So, you’ve only got a 35% chance to break it down on the first try.

The same idea applies to any statistic, and any task. Walking along a tightrope would be a Dexterity-related task, researching the location of a long-lost tomb would be an Intelligence-related task, persuading a town mayor to hire your adventuring company might would be a Charisma-related task, and so on.

A Bard’s primary focus in these kinds of areas (especially knowing all kinds of useful & useless trivia about anything and everything), so Dexterity, Charisma & Intelligence are all important for you.

A Bard’s spellcasting ability is directly tied to his Charisma. His Bardic Music is directly related to the Perform Skill, which is a Charisma-based Skill. For this reason, a high Charisma is critical to a Bard’s success. I would recommend no less than a 15 in this statistic.

Next is Intelligence. Bards rely heavily upon Skills, and your Skill Points are determined by your clbum and your Intelligence. I recommend a 14 in this stat. That would give you 32 Skill points, which means you could have 8 different skills all maxed out as high as possible.

Then there’s Dexterity. Bard’s tend to favor light armor, and a high Dexterity can combine well with light armor to make you difficult to hit and/or injure. I would go with a 13 here.

This leaves you 30 points to spread among your 3 remaining stats. You can avoid having to worry about any penalties this way, or if you’re willing to play a Bard that’s not very strong, not very wise, and/or not very healthy, you can drop to an 8 or 9 in one or more of those stats and spend those points in one of your three primary stats.

I would totally blow you as a thank you, DND is so simple now.

Strength 7
Constitution 7
Dexterity 13
Intelligence 15
Wisdom 10
Charisma 20

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

No problem. D&D (at least 3.0/3.5) has always been this simple. The beauty is that you can expand from this foundation to get more complex, but always come back to it if it get’s overly complex.

You also need to select a Race, and each one has pros/cons.

Look over this page to get some ideas for what you might like.

Personally I like halfling bards, but any of the races are good for bards, in one way or another.

Raepdog

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Sergeant Cid Posted:

No problem. D&D (at least 3.0/3.5) has always been this simple. The beauty is that you can expand from this foundation to get more complex, but always come back to it if it get’s overly complex.

You also need to select a Race, and each one has pros/cons.

Look over this page to get some ideas for what you might like.

Personally I like halfling bards, but any of the races are good for bards, in one way or another.

Racial purity. Half-Elf.

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Did you read up on the Bard Clbum description? It will give you some ideas on how to play the character. And since AH is going to let us use feats, you get to pick one to begin with as well. The easy choice is Skill Focus: Perform, of course, but there are lots of good choices.

Basically, with a +5 Charisma Bonus, 4 Ranks in a Perform Skill (may I suggest: Comedy (buffoonery, limericks, joke-telling) and Feat: Skill Focus – Perform: Comedy, you would have a +12 at first level to your Perform checks, which affect most of your special Bard abilities.

Sergeant Cid edited this message on 05/21/2009 10:46PM

AtomicScript-
er

Avatar: 64129 Thu Oct 16 17:05:30 -0400 2008

[Haxxorz Hell]

Level 33 Hacker

This Stays On The Internet

Elf Dominator Wizard

Strength – 8
Dexterity – 8
Constitution – 10
Intelligence – 15
Wisdom – 20
Charisma – 11

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

That’s a really high Wisdom for a Wizard, compared to the relatively low Intelligence. Why did you go that way?

Novaix

Level 28 Emo Kid

“Lopsided McHaircut”

You can bumign the stats how you like you know. Or you could always change to a divine spellcaster.

Anyway: wow, that was a lot of posts in a small time I was away busy. Am I still in, or should I just be pencilled in for NPCing?

If I’m a PC, I’ll be a drow cleric. Possibly multiclbuming.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!