Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rant How concerned are you about the Swine Flu?

duca

Avatar: 127754 2012-12-21 23:37:31 -0500

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

Happiness cannot be bought, but Crispers can.

To be honest I was more worried about the tainted meat scandal last year and that was mostly because I had to throw away all my lunch meat, which really sucked Log in to see images!

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

twotowner Posted:

Wake me up when an actual threat to my health, such as the zombie apocalypse, is coming for me.Log in to see images!

Sneaky27

Avatar: 70951 2010-02-06 21:28:05 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

AntiRules187 Posted:

twotowner Posted:

Wake me up when an actual threat to my health, such as the zombie apocalypse, is coming for me.

Will do. I live about a mile and a half from the CDC, so I should know about the ZA first or close to it.

Jim McPerson

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I couldn’t care less. Bird flu came and went and so will this.

And even if it doesn’t, I still couldn’t care less. AIDS has been with us for, what? 4 decades?

Jim McPerson edited this message on 05/02/2009 3:31PM

AtomicScript-
er

Avatar: 64129 Thu Oct 16 17:05:30 -0400 2008

[Haxxorz Hell]

Level 33 Hacker

This Stays On The Internet

My uncle and cousin both have it (confirmed); they live in Phoenix, Arizona.

Princezz_Und-
ies

Avatar: 121015 Mon Jan 19 16:50:27 -0500 2009

Level 35 Troll

She's so mean that instead of using deodorant she gargles disinfectant and licks her armpits

AtomicScripter Posted:

My uncle and cousin both have it (confirmed); they live in Phoenix, Arizona.

I’m sorry Log in to see images!

iIRZ

[Team Shortbus]

Level 7 Troll

iIRZ is a funny fine upstanding member of society, which is to say that he did WTC and your mom

SIG-ENABLING-MOCK CONGLER Posted:

Not worried about it. Don’t we already have a cure for it?

hey i dont wanna bother quoting two posts but this dumb **** thinks you can cure a virus.

Mod Edit: You can attack/argue the idea, but don’t attack the person.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

iIRZ Posted:

(trolling omitted)..thinks you can cure a virus.

wikipedia Posted:

Smallpox is an infectious disease unique to humans, caused by either of two virus variants, Variola major and Variola minor.

In the early 1950s an estimated 50 million cases of smallpox occurred in the world each year. As recently as 1967, the World Health Organization estimated that 15 million people contracted the disease and that two million died in that year. After successful vaccination campaigns throughout the 19th and 20th centuries, the WHO certified the eradication of smallpox in December 1979. To this day, smallpox is the only human infectious disease to have been completely eradicated.

I don’t think you should react so strongly to Sig’s thoughts. Data can easily be misunderstood.

Wylin edited this message on 05/02/2009 4:19PM

Big Bang

Avatar: 95349 Sun Jan 11 01:23:56 -0500 2009

[WeChall is a ****ty klan]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Wylin Posted:

wikipedia Posted:

Antiviral drugs are a clbum of medication used specifically for treating viral infections. Like antibiotics for bacteria, specific antivirals are used for specific viruses. Unlike antibiotics, however, antiviral drugs do not destroy the virus, they only inhibit their development.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiviral_drugs

I suppose it really depends on how you define “cure”

Big Bang edited this message on 05/02/2009 4:22PM

iIRZ

[Team Shortbus]

Level 7 Troll

iIRZ is a funny fine upstanding member of society, which is to say that he did WTC and your mom

no its not trolling he is dumb as **** if he thinks you can cure a virus

Mod Edit: Yes, it is trolling. You can attack/argue the idea, but don’t attack the person.

iIRZ was banned for this post by Sergeant Cid

iIRZ edited this message on 07/23/2009 2:25PM

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

Since most of the public schools in my area have closed, I’m a bit concerned.

Influenza can have a not insignificant mortality rate ranging from about .01% to 2.5%. (Poorly sourced statistic, FYI.) The real concern should be that many, many people could contract H1N1. If you contract H1N1, the odds of you personally dying from it are about 1 in 40 at worst, personal health factors notwithstanding . The problem is that if your office of about 100 pbumes around an easily communicable flu with a mortality rate of about 2.0% at least one of you is statistically likely to die.

Anti-virals can help in the early stages, but supplies are not unlimited. As to whether this flu will spread far and fast, it’s hard to say. We can take preventative measures, but we can’t (and shouldn’t)hunker down in our homes until it subsides.

I’m trying to avoid unnecessary risks, but I’m living my life.

My reaction in short: Wash your hands and don’t go to work sick, people.

EDIT: rookie typo.

markchd edited this message on 05/02/2009 5:16PM

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

Not worried about it at all, to be honest.

SIG-ENABLING-
-MOCK CONGLER

Avatar: 70410 Tue Mar 31 18:27:10 -0400 2009

[The Airship]

Level 20 Hacker

Posesses, and is, an incredibly large male reproductive organ

iIRZ Posted:

no its not trolling he is dumb as **** if he thinks you can cure a virus

Meant treatment. Funny how you’re risking a ban to point out some thing that could of had multiple meanings in the context it was used.

cya

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

Hey remember SARS?

Or Bird Flu?

Oh wait, they were publicised by the media and then ended up doing less damage than anyone would have thought.

My advice: Stop being manipulated by the media.

baou30

Avatar: 138741 Fri Mar 27 19:20:32 -0400 2009

Level 21 Emo Kid

I lol'd a little. :bigbarf:

I’m unconcerned, also, I’m nuking Tennesee. Log in to see images!

Electric-Tur-
tle-02

[spots-****]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

i don’t really care, but i found out today that they shut down my old school because of this (senseless) panic.

Vageena Davis

Avatar: 151797 2010-01-24 16:34:00 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Camwhore

I am easily offended. I also suck fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs.

Not worried at all until actual flu season starts in September/October and then I’ll be as worried about swine flu as I am about every other flu. Slightly worried.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

Chawin Posted:

Hey remember SARS?

Or Bird Flu?

Oh wait, they were publicised by the media and then ended up doing less damage than anyone would have thought.

My advice: Stop being manipulated by the media.

THIS.

Today i got a very interesting email about this.

Aparently swine flu came in a very “convenient” time for the mexican goverment, since posesion of small doses of some drugs are now legal, there has been 0 talk about the financial state of the country on the news and mr president calderon recently accepted some loan or some **** (sorry i don’t understand economic) from US AGAIN, making the external dept bigger and making all the situation ****tier for Mexico.

But, everything they talk in the news is flu this flu that for a disease there’s treatment for.

Cheese Deluxe

[Team Sandwich]

Level 15 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

Getting close to me. D:

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

There is a treatment, but not currently in sufficient quantity if if became an actual pandemic. This sort of thing is difficult to predict, and over-caution is better than the alternative.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!