Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Politics Suggestion: Make 10 medals the minimum requirement to post in the domination forum

CreepPipe

Avatar: 4204 2010-01-24 16:18:28 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

MOOOOOS ARE BELOW ME

Wylin Posted:

Nope, just a certain amount of playing in domination before they can post in domination. Lots of people get medals by accident, it’s not really that hard to get at least a few, maybe I should have had an option in the poll for 2 or 3.

Statistically I am better at DOM than you based on comparison of medals. But at the same time I am by no means for restricting who can post in what forum based on medals because it’s not a good system of measurement. I think the new kids deserve to be able to ask their questions.

But then again I may be biased because I hate restriction period…and think California should join another country for their bumbackwardthinking. And I’m not trying to be a male reproductive organ by any means I just find your suggestions on the matter diluted and distorted.

In my eyes what you are aiming for is kind of like what China is aiming for when it comes to their access of information.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Lester Burnham Posted:

What if a solo player was proposing this and suggesting that the standard for commenting was winning 10 medals without klan vanilla how would that work out for you?

I’m probably almost there actually. I’d guess right now I’m at 6 and I *may* have more after this week.

Lester Burnham Posted:

This is a ridiculous idea and one that shouldn’t be proposed in a serious manner by a site veteran.

I don’t understand why a vet is going above and beyond saying “I disagree” to the point of bashing my idea. Why is it so bad that I’m suggesting a person show that they play before they get to contribute? Can you answer instead of saying I’m being ridiculous or stupid?

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

CreepPipe Posted:

In my eyes what you are aiming for is kind of like what China is aiming for when it comes to their access of information.

I’m not sure how many times I will need to say this, I was not suggesting blocking people from seeing anything.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Wylin Posted:

I don’t understand why a vet is going above and beyond saying “I disagree” to the point of bashing my idea. Why is it so bad that I’m suggesting a person show that they play before they get to contribute? Can you answer instead of saying I’m being ridiculous or stupid?

With every post you make I become more convinced that you are simply trying to get people banned via troll bait.

The reason your suggestion is bad, in my opinion, is because it implies that action far outweighs thought. Do I think it is a good idea to play Domination before weighing in with major change suggestions, yes. However, I do not need to throw a football to know that if the quarterback is facing the wrong way he is doing it wrong. Your suggestion also does a lot to eliminate the voice of the solo player. A solo player who has slogged their way though the cluster **** that is klan based Domination certainly deserves to be heard rather than penalized.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Lester Burnham Posted:

Your suggestion also does a lot to eliminate the voice of the solo player. A solo player who has slogged their way though the cluster **** that is klan based Domination certainly deserves to be heard rather than penalized.

This is the reason I included the option of less medals. You seem to support no restrictions. I’d be happy with 3 or more. I am trying to bring a concept, not an argument.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Wylin Posted:

This is the reason I included the option of less medals. You seem to support no restrictions. I’d be happy with 3 or more. I am trying to bring a concept, not an argument.

I support no restrictions beyond what Flamebate already imposes. I disagree with your concept as I find it to be exclusionary, elitist, and based on an arbitrary factor that you personally deem important, yet has no bearing on the validity of the opinions that may be offered.

EVECHARM

Avatar: 114577 Tue Feb 17 05:11:14 -0500 2009

[pizza party]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Wylin Posted:

I’m not sure how many times I will need to say this, I was not suggesting blocking people from seeing anything.

yes but they wouldn’t be able to ask a question either.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

Agreeing with Lester Burnham 100%, little more to add to this terrible suggestion.

Dorian Blue

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Make that 50 medals so that Ricket and I can chat without you clueless n00bs disturbing us. Log in to see images!

Seriously, that suggestion is silly and only a few people without some medals are reading and posting there anyway.

Dorian Blue edited this message on 04/14/2009 5:09AM

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Altfail, but I guess all 13 1/2 people who read the dom forum knew that Dorian is my alt.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

I also like the idea because I like the concept of “unlocking” more and more as I grow at a game.

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

Wylin Posted:

I also like the idea because I like the concept of “unlocking” more and more as I grow at a game.

Yes, this is a good point, but there could be much more interesting options to implement it. I.e. making a small in-game NPC (Aquarius?) and a mission to get the first medal (involving a tutorial obviously). After completition, the Dom forum would be unlocked.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Inconnu Posted:

Yes, this is a good point, but there could be much more interesting options to implement it. I.e. making a small in-game NPC (Aquarius?) and a mission to get the first medal (involving a tutorial obviously). After completition, the Dom forum would be unlocked.

This is a fine sugestion! I thank you, and like your idea.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Inconnu Posted:

This is a much better idea than what the OP has proposed, and it would also serve to introduce Flamebate.

Back to the OP… Let’s face it, getting 10 medals all by yourself is hard unless you’re far into the season. I think I got less than that by using klan vanilla. It takes more than half the season for any good players to get 10 medals because of variables like bracket competition and Pistachio loops. It would be unfeasible for any new fresh players for more than a month or so (you can sweep your way to 6 medals easily, but after that, it’s hard to get more than 1 medal per week because of fierce competition we dom veterans know).

Lowering it to 5 medals, as it was suggested, would be more feasible. But Inconnu’s idea blow Wylin’s idea out of the window.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

CrinkzPipe Posted:

I disagree. What if a newbie doesn’t understand it fully, or wants to know how to get some medals?

Full agreement.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Raepdog Posted:

Full agreement.

Making parts of the game limited by achievements in the very complex and cut throat world of domination seems a bit negative. I mean, you need the forum to know how to play, and yes they could still view it but they can’t ask questions. If anything we will get GD threads on domination. Doing that would be overly aggressive forum structure, or in layman terms, a male reproductive organ move to less experienced game players.

I don’t see the goal in this? If people are trolling, report it to a moderator. Like, if its about unexpected players making threads, its what there supposed to do. Ask dumb questions, be ****ed at, have them answered, play, and eventually **** at new player’s questions.

Some of the best domination threads I can think of were started by people with <10 or <5 characters.

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

Dorian Blue Posted:

Make that 50 medals so that Ricket and I can chat without you clueless n00bs disturbing us. Log in to see images!

I was going to say 56, to keep anyone else out for at least 4 weeks.

But yeah, this suggestion isn’t very good.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Inconnu Posted:

but there could be much more interesting options to implement it. I.e. making a small in-game NPC (Aquarius?) and a mission to get the first medal (involving a tutorial obviously). After completition, the Dom forum would be unlocked.

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

I disagree with this because newbs need to be able to post too.

Even if they did this though, 10 is WAY too many… it would take at least 4 weeks of domming to get up to 10 now. Kinda skewed when I’m pretty sure you can get on flamebate from one day of playing.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

kittiejenn Posted:

I disagree with this because newbs need to be able to post too.

Even if they did this though, 10 is WAY too many… it would take at least 4 weeks of domming to get up to 10 now. Kinda skewed when I’m pretty sure you can get on flamebate from one day of playing.

realistic estimate to get 10 medals for most players is more than a season, since 8 medals in a season even starting toward the end of the season will put you in a tough bracket. So really, asking for 10 medals before they can post in the dom forum is an unreasonable standard.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!