Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ban Me Get to know your new Forumwarz moderator team!

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Inertia Posted:

hey JB, can they be banned from playing dom? They obviously have an advantage being able to see people’s streak and alts and I don’t know what else. Also banned from telling their klanmates about it of course.

I def speak for me, and I’m p sure I speak for the other two BF people that there’s no intention to use what little advantage we have.

I like the *competition*... the challenge. What fun is it if I use inside information? Besides, if you’re paying enough attention, you can tell where people are in their streak just by watching he pstash come in.

And there’s his nice warning at the top of the mod info that it’s not to be shared. We’re already as “banned” from telling people as possible.

Rigr Posted:

Well…I don’t see why Mods should be able to see other peoples streak. Maybe ET should just disable that, since its only purpose would be cheating in DominationLog in to see images!

One purpose… to help people with broken streaks figure out what went wrong when they think a streak shouldn’t have been broken.

spacekadt edited this message on 03/26/2009 10:13AM

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Rigr Posted:

Well…I don’t see why Mods should be able to see other peoples streak. Maybe ET should just disable that, since its only purpose would be cheating in DominationLog in to see images!?

As for the alts: As long as you dont have 2 alts in one bracket it should pretty much not matter anyway

Well right not for me it doesn’t matter because people know my alts anyway but like a few months ago it did and for some other players too maybe. My alts will more likely to be attacked if they know its mine…

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

spacekadt Posted:

I def speak for me, and I’m p sure I speak for the other two BF people that there’s no intention to use what little advantage we have.

I like the *competition*... the challenge. What fun is it if I use inside information? Besides, if you’re paying enough attention, you can tell where people are in their streak just by watching he pstash come in.

And there’s his nice warning at the top of the mod info that it’s not to be shared. We’re already as “banned” from telling people as possible.

grats girl

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

spacekadt Posted:

yeah sometimes you can do that but it’s really only if either you’re there when the guy runs his visits or if he doesn’t use his scoops at all. Once you card down or use pistachio you can’t be sure which is which.

Bandaney

Avatar: 70433 2014-06-07 22:10:47 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 60 Hacker

Ask me about how many male reproductive organs in my bum :zak:

I KNEW Nicco was a mod when he was whining on IDC yesterday about not being one.

Congrats Nicco! And everyone else! Log in to see images!

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

Inertia Posted:

hey JB, can they be banned from playing dom? They obviously have an advantage being able to see people’s streak and alts and I don’t know what else. Also banned from telling their klanmates about it of course.

Mod tools make no impact in domination. Anyone with an eye for patterns can tell if a person is streaking. the best you can do is permaban someone to kill their scoops. All that info is confidential anyway so if people are telling others stuff they see on the mod page they’re breaking the rules.

If being a mod made domination easier I would have more medals. You all know I exploit my position to get ahead (re: flezz hax leaderboard) so if it gave me an unfair advantage I’d be rolling in medals, right?

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

Does it not strike people that at least 5 out of the 7 moderators are brainfreeze?

I will get banned often Log in to see images!

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

In fact, one could make a compelling argument that being a mod hurts your domming, since it can be hard to find time to play. Just look at banhammer, who walked with the season one first place but hasn’t had time to play since.

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

Inertia Posted:

Well right not for me it doesn’t matter because people know my alts anyway but like a few months ago it did and for some other players too maybe. My alts will more likely to be attacked if they know its mine…

It’s sure as **** not us alt-revealing you. You’re the one rejoining ggm and having an incredibly obvious posting style.

Stop being stupid and implying mod abuse. make a thread in rp if you want to **** about it; this is for celebration.

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

Inertia Posted:

Does it not strike people that at least 5 out of the 7 moderators are brainfreeze?

You will be banned as much as you deserve. The newbies were picked for their level-headedness and apparent levels of good judgement

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Inertia Posted:

yeah sometimes you can do that but it’s really only if either you’re there when the guy runs his visits or if he doesn’t use his scoops at all. Once you card down or use pistachio you can’t be sure which is which.

True. But in a competitive klan that works together, it’s pretty easy to know where people are in streaks.

I guess what it comes down to is basically asking for your trust. CZ trusted us and our motives… and I have no desire to break that. All I can really do is do my best to bumure you that I have no desire to cheat or “game” the system.

Jwred5

Avatar: 24279 Mon Nov 24 22:12:21 -0500 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Pantsless Lord of the Sith

Congratulations to all the new moderators. There will come a time, when you will look back at this and laugh. Laugh yourself silly from your padded rooms after dealing with everything a mod has to deal with…. Good luck! Log in to see images!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Fortunato Posted:

Just look at banhammer, who walked with the season one first place but hasn’t had time to play since.

Hell, I barely have time to get 4 visits in a day! And other than me, not a single one of the Banhammer family is at Level 35.

Inertia Posted:

If you’re being banned for personal reasons, then we’ve picked very very poor moderators. Stop whining and welcome the rest of the team, I know I’m excited!

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

Well I’ve been banned by tubs for pestering him and reporting his old posts before..

Iron Lich

Level 69 Troll

FOR KIPPY AND COUNTRY, REMEMBER KIPPY, HE WAS A HAPPY SARDINE.

NICCO FOR ADMIN 12 Log in to see images!

Odalisque

Avatar: 24438 2011-07-31 00:23:47 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 40 Emo Kid

DAAAAAAANG, SHE FLY

omg Nicco Log in to see images!

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Inertia Posted:

Well I’ve been banned by tubs for pestering him and reporting his old posts before..

Now that we have a larger team, there should be more checks and balances for any disputed calls.

We also have a brand-new report system in place that’s far more collaborative in nature. It should do much to address accusations of favoritism or selective modding.

Incidentally, the fact that several mods are in Brainfreeze is a complete coincidence. However, it’s no big surprise, as that Klan is mostly made of long-time users with a keen interest in the game.

WoweeZowee

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Great team. congrats.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

We also have a brand-new report system in place that’s far more collaborative in nature.

We also have JB becoming more active in the mod world — previously he wasn’t so involved. None of the admins were. Tubs and I conversed upon occasion, but mostly we worked relatively independtly. The new discussion tools should be really helpful, along with some procedural changes to try to make things more consistent.

Having said that, there are still real human people involved, and sometimes quick decisions will need to be made. So there’s never going to be a 100% guarantee of perceived fairness. Hopefully, though, as things settle in, you’ll start seeing improvements.

futhermocker

Avatar: 125126 Sat Feb 28 16:36:53 -0500 2009

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Troll

This user causes YOUR HEAD ASPLODE!!!

Congrats to all the new mods. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!