Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Politics itt: a good suggestion regarding contests

FalCoN

Avatar: 10741 2010-01-24 16:21:30 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

Now there’s this “The Big Give” E-Peen you get for hosting a contest. Yet everyone gets the same E-Peen.

Suggestion: Add an additional E-Peen for hosting an exceptionally good/interesting contest. This way, you would encourage players to put more effort into their contest and not just reward them for the usual friend/post contests.

You can even add two levels of it:

The Big Give Gold – hosted a contest

The Big Give Platinum – hosted a very entertaining contest

The Big Give Plutonium – hosted a contest which was moved to Full of Won and will be remembered forever

FalCoN

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

By the way, there’s no need to post “good suggestion”, “signed” or “approved” in this thread because everyone knows that this is a good suggestion.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Time kinda changes perceptions of what was a good contest though.. My first ever “last post” contest was original, got moved to full of won, and started a trend. Now if I did another one, people would go, “Oh ****, not another one of these crappy contests again.”

And besides that, it’s kinda late in the ballgame to be changing the rules in this area isn’t it? I’ve already run a handful of contests, should I need to buy more bp to try to get the new e-peens?

FalCoN

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

Wylin Posted:

And besides that, it’s kinda late in the ballgame to be changing the rules in this area isn’t it? I’ve already run a handful of contests, should I need to buy more bp to try to get the new e-peens?

That’s how things work – not improving something because it was not implemented this way from the beginning on is lame.

Also you could possibly reward exceptionally good contests subsequently. According to the Closet Contests forum, there are only 13 pages of finished contests yet (+ the Full of Won ones). Considering that you only need to look at the topic, this should not take more than half a hour.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

I’d rather they spent their time doing things that would improve the game instead of offering more peens for contests which there are already tons of.

Improving Flamebate would also rank way higher for me on my list of things I’d like seen. Things like adding the subject to the search field, showing you which threads contain posts you have not read yet, allowing you to customize your “active topics,” things like that.

The Baroness

Avatar: 111827 Sat Apr 25 22:25:53 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I REALLY MISS INCIT, LOL

It’s not a bad idea, but who decides whether it was entertaining or not? Some might find another ‘show ur male reproductive organ’ contest hilarious, while other might think it’s p boring.

I think the prize could maybe determine the peen, although that might not be fair to people who don’t have a lot of money.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

The Baroness Posted:

It’s not a bad idea, but who decides whether it was entertaining or not? Some might find another ‘show ur male reproductive organ’ contest hilarious, while other might think it’s p boring.

I think the prize could maybe determine the peen, although that might not be fair to people who don’t have a lot of money.

Running a Contest for BP is difficult if you don’t have any money, so I don’t think this is really an issue.

I can see three levels of E-Peen (1BP, 7BP[i.e., enough for Episode 2], 15BP[i.e., enough for Episode 3?])

And if implemented, they should be made retroactive.

FalCoN

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

Only rewarding the size of the contest would be contrary to my intentions… them being to improve the contest quality. It should be only the content of the contest that matters. Having a rather clear line between Level 1 and Level 2 shouldn’t be too difficult: all contests that require more than to post anything in the thread or to friend someone should be L2… and L3 should be reserved for very exceptional contests, no need to have clear guidelines here (quite some other E-Peen are very rare and subjective aswell, one more wouldn’t harm anyone). Moving to Full of Won sounds like a decent criteria to me (10 contests so far).

FalCoN

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

I still think the idea is good. Log in to see images!

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

FalCoN Posted:

I still think the idea is good. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!