Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll Petition to remove speedrunning
Poll: Would you like to see all time attack aspect of pwning forums removed?
You must be logged in to vote.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Speedrunning when you think about it is unfair. Only those with expensive internet connection and good computer could do it. Maybe even where you live is an factor(closer to server)?

I was on a relatively slow internet (384 kbps?) the other day and I found it impossible to even get close to speedrun times.

It’s kind of a bad concept… In a console game this would be feasible but in an online game like this it’s kinda unfair because we all have different machines.

So, my proposal is to remove time-attack jobs, lemon scoops, and the speedrun leaderboard.

Also yes I’m aware of the other factors in play like no. of threads, offense level, keyboard etc. But with that optimised it’s still impossible to speed run on a slower internet.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

oh hey last time I made a suggestion like this i got this title

Inertia edited this message on 01/26/2009 10:36AM

DesdiPhoenix

Avatar: 75442 Wed Nov 12 18:57:30 -0500 2008

[T3H L33T HACK3RZ]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

No. Most people have some form of high speed internet now, and you don’t need anything special for a computer to run FWZ.

Professor Fa-
lken

Avatar: 81434 2009-10-14 08:47:28 -0400

[team awesome face]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

While we’re at it, some people might not have a screen big enough to see the entirety of their streak list, so pistachio will have to go, too. And what about those who use voice control? They can’t draw, and might not be able to get their text across as they wanted, so chocolate is sort of a crappy idea too.

Antifreeze is okay, though.

If you’re catching my drift.

Professor Falken edited this message on 01/26/2009 11:00AM

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

Disable images, close all your tabs, disable all your scripts. Enough stuff to make speed running faster. Internet connection isn’t that important.

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

whiny ****es are whiny

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

This is pathetic.

How about we make a game that caters to the absolute worst computer that someone might be using?

Oh yeh, cuz that’s not how technological progress works. Quite being cheap and buy a decent computer.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Inconnu Posted:

whiny ****es are whiny

And we’re still in GD, not GRP or WB yet…

I’d prefer to see a speedrun system that wasn’t ‘automated’. In other words, the actual times are set manually by CZ, and not auto-set based on what other people are running.

The 3 Scoop award should still be based upon ‘world records’ and such. As the pinnacle of the speedrun, it should constantly be challenged & improved. But the 2 & 1 Scoop times should be manually set.

DOPE-HARDCOR-
E-0

[Team Shortbus]

Level 37 Troll

ALSO A male reproductive organSUCKING ****WAD

Acid Flux Posted:

And we’re still in GD, not GRP or WB yet…

I’d prefer to see a speedrun system that wasn’t ‘automated’. In other words, the actual times are set manually by CZ, and not auto-set based on what other people are running.

The 3 Scoop award should still be based upon ‘world records’ and such. As the pinnacle of the speedrun, it should constantly be challenged & improved. But the 2 & 1 Scoop times should be manually set.

This is actually perhaps more important to implement: Unless you have bankrolled yourself, geared yourself out to the max, and found a good speedrun build, the speedrun jobs on the board are pointless to attempt. On any of my low level alts, oftentimes 2/3s of the job board is wasted since there is literally no way for an alt of whatever level to pwn a thread in 20-30 seconds.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Forumwarz already caters to bad pcs.

I’m talking this as someone using a 256kb connection which is still one of the best out there on this stupid 3rd world country. I’m fine with the fact that I can’t get 3 lemon on a few forums.

I’d come with a different approach, in regards to helping people with poor internet: give us the option to skip attack animations, via the options menu.

I’ve noticed my lv16 Hacker pwns Denture Chat faster than my lv35 Camwhore, because Hacker attacks have faster animations (at least sml, flipr, and fnt does). Most of us long comers already used our attacks enough to know every picture or quote (if you bother to check these, of course), and seeing these slowing our attacks over and over and over is a hbumle. Although disabling pictures works to remove a few miliseconds, Hackers have an easier time to 1-shotting forums, still.

Lots of low-res games have options to skip animations (see Pokémon games), why not here? Just make the animations enabled by default so it doesn’t scare newcomers away. After a while, when you get serious with the game, you don’t really bother with them anyway, so might as well remove them.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Fran Posted:

Forumwarz already caters to bad pcs.

I’m talking this as someone using a 256kb connection which is still one of the best out there on this stupid 3rd world country. I’m fine with the fact that I can’t get 3 lemon on a few forums.

I’d come with a different approach, in regards to helping people with poor internet: give us the option to skip attack animations, via the options menu.

I’ve noticed my lv16 Hacker pwns Denture Chat faster than my lv35 Camwhore, because Hacker attacks have faster animations (at least sml, flipr, and fnt does). Most of us long comers already used our attacks enough to know every picture or quote (if you bother to check these, of course), and seeing these slowing our attacks over and over and over is a hbumle. Although disabling pictures works to remove a few miliseconds, Hackers have an easier time to 1-shotting forums, still.

Lots of low-res games have options to skip animations (see Pokémon games), why not here? Just make the animations enabled by default so it doesn’t scare newcomers away. After a while, when you get serious with the game, you don’t really bother with them anyway, so might as well remove them.

This.

FalCoN

Avatar: 10741 2010-01-24 16:21:30 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

Actually I was also affected by the strong influence of your computer’s performance very recently. My comp had some performance issues – I didn’t even really notice them that much, but it was virtually impossible for me to earn normal amounts of Log in to see images!

However, I still don’t think that it is necessary to remove Log in to see images! would not make this a better game.

Removing the animations sounds like a decent approach, however it doesn’t really affect anything: It’s still just 1-2-1-2-3-2-1.

FalCoN edited this message on 01/26/2009 7:54PM

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Firefox Browser:

Tools > Options > Content

1. Disable the ‘Load Images Automatically’ selection, or simply add www.forumwarz.com to the ‘Blocked’ list.

2. Under ‘Fonts & Colors’, click on Advanced, and disable the ‘Allow pages to chose their own fonts, instead of my selections above.

Try this to see if you get better speedrun times & general performance during battles.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

FalCoN Posted:

Removing the animations sounds like a decent approach, however it doesn’t really affect anything: It’s still just 1-2-1-2-3-2-1.

I don’t think we can even change the 1-2-1-2-3-2-1 tactic without deep changes at the game, as a Camwhore I don’t want to see my clbum nerfed even more because of deep changes. Log in to see images!

FalCoN

Avatar: 10741 2010-01-24 16:21:30 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

Fran Posted:

I don’t think we can even change the 1-2-1-2-3-2-1 tactic without deep changes at the game, as a Camwhore I don’t want to see my clbum nerfed even more because of deep changes. Log in to see images!

Yeah, nothing can be done about this, let’s just cope with it. My only concern is that it would basically mean that everyone who uses keyboard shortcuts would earn 3 Log in to see images!

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

I see no reason to remove the speedrunning times

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

pwning denture chat

i attack -> attack animation -> comp crashes and shuts down

reload

15 minutes later, i’m back at the same thread (reopen FireFox)

finish off Denture Chat

————————————————————————————————

so it took about 40 seconds to pwn denture chat

and 900 for the comp crash

so the server writes me down for taking 940 seconds to pwn denture chat

i beat it faster than that when i was a lv1 re-re

re-re was with clicking,

now i use the keyboard hotkeys

ghax edited this message on 01/26/2009 8:14PM

Scary_Retard-
_6

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Acid Flux Posted:

Firefox Browser:

1. Disable the ‘Load Images Automatically’ selection, or simply add www.forumwarz.com to the ‘Blocked’ list.

2. Under ‘Fonts & Colors’, click on Advanced, and disable the ‘Allow pages to chose their own fonts, instead of my selections above.

Try this to see if you get better speedrun times & general performance during battles.

and upgrade to Firefox 3.1beta it has significatly improved javascript engine, ofcourse some of the addons are not compatible at this time.

Forumwarz could make speedrun times clbum based to remove any advantage a particular clbum has over any other.

SR6

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

Acid Flux Posted:

Firefox Browser:

Scary_Retard_6 Posted:

and upgrade to Firefox 3.1beta it has significatly improved javascript engine, ofcourse some of the addons are not compatible at this time.

sad thing is that i’ve already done all of that

still takes 40 seconds to pwn Denture Chat

(lag after each attack, startup lag for the thread list, and lag for the “thread beaten” message to come up after the attack)

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

How do other sites run for you? Is it possible that it’s simply your connection speed?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!