Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fun [CLOSED] Forumwarz Idol Sign-Up (22 BP prize pool!)

DG-Root

Avatar: 86945 Fri Jan 30 20:49:15 -0500 2009

[Play INCIT]

Level 40 Hacker

“Uber Macro”

I’m a bad enough dude.

Do I get bonus points for singing whilst wearing a fedora? Log in to see images! DG-Root edited this message on 01/22/2009 12:15AM

JizzyP

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 24 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

I’m in, will need to acquire a mic.

me!

Dr J Dorian

[International Comm-
ittee of Doctors
]

Level 26 Permanoob

“Brain Dead”

I could sacrifice my contestantship and be the music guy for this, everyone can let me know what songs they want to to do and I can re-record the music, I’ve been doing covers for contests for the pas year and I figure why the hell not, it’d open up a lot more choices. I’m ****ed cause they don’t have Blur.

DG-Root

Avatar: 86945 Fri Jan 30 20:49:15 -0500 2009

[Play INCIT]

Level 40 Hacker

“Uber Macro”

Dr J Dorian Posted:

I could sacrifice my contestantship and be the music guy for this, everyone can let me know what songs they want to to do and I can re-record the music, I’ve been doing covers for contests for the pas year and I figure why the hell not, it’d open up a lot more choices. I’m ****ed cause they don’t have Blur.

I wouldn’t want you to sacrifice being a contestant but it would be pretty rad of you if you could supply those services. Log in to see images!

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

This website blows, man.

I propose we instead record our own and post here. The site limits the song choices HEAVILY, has no way to record them on the site itself, and basically does nothing but score your pitch.

It’s LAME.

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

yeah that site blows, there are no recordings it just gives you a score for the songs based on your pitch

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Endash, I love the idea, but this site has some major problems. Here’s a proposal from me:

This site is very confusing and difficult to use, not to mention has an extremely limited song selection. We would likely have better luck telling people to dig up audacity, install it, rip from a youtube vid of karaoke, then host on the internet archive. I can post instructions in the thread if you like.

Alternately, what are our feelings towards cover songs, where people record their own music in addition to singing? I can tell you right now that I would love to hear GS49 sing the my little pony theme.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

www.daretosing.com is a website suggested by Odalisque to host the recordings.

Odalisque

Avatar: 24438 2011-07-31 00:23:47 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 40 Emo Kid

DAAAAAAANG, SHE FLY

Shii Posted:

www.daretosing.com is a website suggested by Odalisque to host the recordings.

http://www.box.net/ is even better.

Dr J Dorian

[International Comm-
ittee of Doctors
]

Level 26 Permanoob

“Brain Dead”

Tindeck has been pretty dope in the past but they’ll be down until the first of the month.

Dr J Dorian edited this message on 01/22/2009 12:40AM

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

This **** is going down.

CroMagnon

Level 16 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

In, fool. Ill edit this post with my entry

Em You Are

Avatar: 107470 Wed Apr 22 20:00:37 -0400 2009

Level 20 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

I’m sooo in and already have this **** won.

I’m a singer.

http://www.karaokeparty.com/en/user/39482/EmYouAre

I’ll have a video and song up soon.

CreepPipe

Avatar: 4204 2010-01-24 16:18:28 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

MOOOOOS ARE BELOW ME

Looking through the songs this site has to offer I don’t really care for it. I was going to suggest two other sites that I came across a while back (singshot and kSolo), however, they have been bought out by large companies (Fox and EA) and therefore kind of suck now.

I haven’t decided if I’m in or out yet. If I do decide to join I’ll edit this post with the link.

jingleballz

[Press start]

Level 24 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

i’m in.

sid_turtle

Level 26 Hacker

“1337”

In like Flynn. Song to follow as soon as teh weekend.

Are foreign language songs permissible?

Yarased

Level 17 Hacker

“Packet Sniffer ”

I’m totally in!!! let me see if I actually find my mic XD I think I might have thrown it in the garbage.

Yarased

Level 17 Hacker

“Packet Sniffer ”

omg Log in to see images! i hate loving japanese music…. none of the songs I wanted are there, damn it! I guess tomorrow I’ll most likely give it a shot with nightwish.

EDIT… are you fricken kidding me, they have no nightwish, no ayreon, no hirai ken, anna tsushiya wtf!! Log in to see images! Yarased edited this message on 01/22/2009 10:57PM

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Hang on. Before people start entering, I propose this amendment to the rules:

Any cover song entry is all right, as long as you host it yourself. Where you get any backing tracks is your business, as is where you host them. If you amend the rules thus, several users (myself, odalisque and a few others) have already made good suggestions for how to record it (audacity, garageband) and how to host it (internetarchive.org). Anybody object to this amendment?

Endash

Avatar: 93351 Tue Dec 16 16:15:56 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 28 Hacker

“1337”

Everyone Posted:

pointing out various relevant flaws

Oh shi- ah, well, that’s why the thread title was “FW Idol Sign-Up” and not the contest itself, yet. All points taken, though, when the actual contest thread goes up, the changes will be reflected in there, thanks guys. Log in to see images!

Fortunato Posted:

Hang on. Before people start entering, I propose this amendment to the rules:

Any cover song entry is all right, as long as you host it yourself. Where you get any backing tracks is your business, as is where you host them. If you amend the rules thus, several users (myself, odalisque and a few others) have already made good suggestions for how to record it (audacity, garageband) and how to host it (internetarchive.org). Anybody object to this amendment?

Wholeheartedly signed!

Edited rules this far:

REGISTRATION AND STIPULATION PROCEDURES

ø You must state your intention to compete in this thread

ø Have a reliable means of recording yourself singing (i.e. microphone or audio pick-up device of some kind).

ø Any cover song entry is all right, as long as you host it yourself.

ø Have some reliable computer access, because delays just really suck for everyone involved.

LEGALITIES AND OTHER MISCELLANEA

ø All final decisions will be made by the fair vote of, and only of, the denizens of Flamebate unless extenuating cirgreat timesstances call for otherwise.

ø Contestants must sing a unique song for every round. No one-trick ponies, please.

ø GGM clan members are welcome to compete.

ø You are welcome to run ads for a candidate you like, but that’s it.

ø Otherwise, any suspicion or sign of voting shenanigans will be turned over to a moderator for scrutiny, and will most likely end in a new vote being set up.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!