Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Important Note: Abusing Kyoubai

sgreat timesmyfrog

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Acid Flux Posted:

Seriously…. **** off.

Quit ****ting up the Official Thread in Kyoubai.

I’ve made a legitimate request for clarification.

If you don’t like it, then ****ing **** off.

You are not an Admin or Mod, so quit ****ing acting like one.

If you want to start **** with me, do it here in the Klan forum or via Tubmail.

Don’t ****ing male reproductive organblock me in the main forums.

Give ET & CZ the time to review my request. Just because you don’t see a difference in the two situations doesn’t mean that they wont.

The only difference between my proposed raffle and the one that CZ ran a few weeks back is that I’m the one provided the BP, not them.

So, just in case you missed it earlier:

Seriously…. **** off.

Wow. Just wow.

Total-Connec-
tions

Level 32 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

Totally stupid question, but I always wondered about that – if I can buy 5 mil Log in to see images!

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

sgreat timesmyfrog Posted:

Wow. Just wow.

Interesting. You’ve reposted material from the Klan Forum into the Public Forum.

I chose to take our conversation to a private forum, since I was more than a little annoyed with you, and you’ve decided to act as a Troll in this, a non-RP forum, by reposting it.

I chose to keep our public conversation civil, and you’ve decided to drag the private conversation back into the public arena.

I officially protest.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Total-Connections Posted:

Totally stupid question, but I always wondered about that – if I can buy 5 mil Log in to see images!

I believe that the original reason was so that CZ did not lose out on potential revenue, because any BP introduced into the game economy this way would never have generated IRL income for CZ. And I completely agree with this. There should never be an option for Flezz to be converted into ‘Free’ BP.

However, if the Flezz was used to purchase ‘Real’ BP, that had been already purchased with IRL income, then CZ has not lost out on any revenue, and may actually increase their revenue.

There is the possibilty about game imbalance (i.e., a Level 1 Re-Re buying BPs, and then getting Flezz for them) That would give the Re-Re a major starting advantage. My thoughts on this would be to limit any such Flezz/BP arrangements to those players/characters that have already achieved a certain level in the game. Two Level 35 Characters exchanging BP & Flezz doesn’t create a significant advantage, not in a gameplay sense. But there may be other factors I’m overlooking.

This is why it’s good to discuss the issues and explore ideas.

sgreat timesmyfrog

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Acid Flux Posted:

Interesting. You’ve reposted material from the Klan Forum into the Public Forum.

I chose to take our conversation to a private forum, since I was more than a little annoyed with you, and you’ve decided to act as a Troll in this, a non-RP forum, by reposting it.

I chose to keep our public conversation civil, and you’ve decided to drag the private conversation back into the public arena.

I officially protest.

If you wanted it to be private, you should have kept it in a tubmail. I know you know how to use tubmail, because you sent me a link.

Here’s a gem where Acid show’s his true intent on the klan forum:

Acid Flux Posted:

As for what I’m going to do about it? I don’t know, maybe laugh in your face when I get to use BP to increase traffic to my store, thereby using BP to increase my ‘Auction Winnings’.

Oh, wait. That’s already happened. Not the Raffle specifically (that’s actually ‘Under Review’, just so you know), but a few other methods.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

I have already been allowed to use BP to increase traffic to my Auctions.

I have a Community Ad for that purpose.

Reposting the discussion from the Klan Forum, in a non-RP Forum, is inappropriate. That, or one of the RP Forums, is the right place for the level of discussion we were headed. I chose the Klan Forum, because that is a Private Forum.

And make sure you’re fully honest: the Tubmail was simply the link to the forum, not the message you posted above. I wanted to make sure that you knew that my intent was to move the discussion to the Klan Forum. That’s why I posted a link that only your or someone in our Klan could follow, and also Tubmailed you, to be sure you got it ASAP, so that we could end it here ASAP.

We could have done this in the TrollHole as well, but since we’re Klanmates, I chose to keep this a little bit more private.

Explain to me your purpose for attempting to move the discussion back from the Klan Forum, after I specifically tried to move it there.

Acid Flux edited this message on 01/20/2009 9:43PM

sgreat timesmyfrog

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Acid Flux Posted:

Reposting the discussion from the Klan Forum, in a non-RP Forum, is inappropriate. That, or one of the RP Forums, is the right place for the level of discussion we were headed.

Only you were headed to that kind of discussion. I was not.

I chose the Klan Forum, because that is a Private Forum.

Once again, tubmail. You don’t get to claim you wanted that to be private. You wanted to look like a tough guy.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

How about both of you grow up and quit spamming a Sticky with your juvenile argument?

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Wow this is funny I miss the game being fun.

Also is it against the rules for me to jack the prices up on select items?

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Only you were headed to that kind of discussion. I was not.

If you don’t like the approved methods, just whine some more and get it changed again.

No, sorry, this was definitely you trying to lead the discussion into a more aggressive format, in public. Which is why my very next post was:

Acid Flux Posted:

Requesting a clarification of the rules isn’t whining.

Here ya go.

I think we’ve discussed this particular issue as far as it needs to be discussed here, yes?

I think the best thing to do now is wait for that official answer from ET & CZ.

You were taking pokes at me, I decided to move it away from a Public thread.

Once again, tubmail. You don’t get to claim you wanted that to be private. You wanted to look like a tough guy.

Acid Flux Posted:

Acid Flux Posted:

And make sure you’re fully honest: the Tubmail was simply the link to the forum, not the message you posted above. I wanted to make sure that you knew that my intent was to move the discussion to the Klan Forum. That’s why I posted a link that only your or someone in our Klan could follow, and also Tubmailed you, to be sure you got it ASAP, so that we could end it here ASAP.

I didn’t say it was private, but that it was in a private forum. I never began a conversation in Tubmail.

In other words, I still wanted to have it out with you, but not in a non-RP Forum, because that’s breaking the rules. I never said I wanted to do it via Tubmails. The Klan Forums are perfect arenas for such heated debates. And, as far as ‘wanting to look like a tough guy’, what do you call reposting the discussion back in here?

Let’s get this perfectly clear. I wanted to move this away from the public forum.

You chose to drag it right back in here.

We are now done discussing this here. If you want to continue this any further, then we can do it in the appropriate forum.

All you’ve done here is prove my first post in the Klan Forum was perfectly accurate.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Shii Posted:

How about both of you grow up and quit spamming a Sticky with your juvenile argument?

See my post in which I attempted to move this away from this thread.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

See my post about you still being here. It takes two to argue.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Raepdog Posted:

Wow this is funny I miss the game being fun.

Also is it against the rules for me to jack the prices up on select items?

I don’t see why not, but obviously, if it’s an item that someone else is selling for a more reasonable price, you’ll be lucky to see it sell.

Having said that, I think everyone is on the watch for suspicious auctions, so it’s probably not a good idea to list a pair of iGoggles for 2.5 Million.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Shii Posted:

See my post about you still being here. It takes two to argue.

1. I was writing that last post while you posted.

2. I’m discussing other issues unrelated to that particular discussion, such as answering Raepdog’s question.

sgreat timesmyfrog

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

You got me, I did sort of take a jab at you.

However, you did admit that you are trying to find any way you can to use BP to increase your auction winnings.

So I wouldn’t call it taking a jab so much as calling you out.

edit:

In Here, Please.

If you want to continue outside this thread then we can do it by tubmail.

scummyfrog edited this message on 01/20/2009 10:21PM

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

You got me, I did sort of take a jab at you.

However, you did admit that you are trying to find any way you can to use BP to increase your auction winnings.

So I wouldn’t call it taking a jab so much as calling you out.

In Here, Please.

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

Is it okay to use BP to increase auction visibility? It seems like it should be; it seems to be okay to buy ads for auctions or auction-related things, but what about ideas like Acid Flux’s upcoming Guestbook?

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

zagerblag Posted:

Is it okay to use BP to increase auction visibility? It seems like it should be; it seems to be okay to buy ads for auctions or auction-related things, but what about ideas like Acid Flux’s upcoming Guestbook?

Since this is also simply about increasing visibility, and requires absolutely no purchase, I’m hoping that it’s approved.

I personally think the Raffle, as written with the addition of an upper limit on the number of Tickets anyone can purchase and the strict requirement to have any eligible purchases be ‘Buy It Now’ auctions that are at Kyoubai’s Base Cost or Less, and the random selection made by a Moderator, not me, is virtually airtight. It can’t be used for any sort of BP/Flezz transfer, which is what we’re trying to avoids, obviously.

But we’ll see.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Acid Flux Posted:

Since this is also simply about increasing visibility, and requires absolutely no purchase, I’m hoping that it’s approved.

I personally think the Raffle, as written with the addition of an upper limit on the number of Tickets anyone can purchase and the strict requirement to have any eligible purchases be ‘Buy It Now’ auctions that are at Kyoubai’s Base Cost or Less, and the random selection made by a Moderator, not me, is virtually airtight. It can’t be used for any sort of BP/Flezz transfer, which is what we’re trying to avoids, obviously.

But we’ll see.

Hey there.

We discussed this at our meeting and we decided unfortunately that the raffle is not allowed.

I agree that it’s not a direct transfer of BP for Flezz, but I also think that for auctions that are “Raffle Eligable”, you will earn more money as a result.

Even with the Buy it Now stipulation, you will still sell more auctions that otherwise would have failed.

So indirectly, you are still buying Flezz for BP, and we can’t allow it. Also, allowing this kind of contest would open the floodgates for other raffle-style things, and I just want to keep it simple around here.

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

I’d like to know if this is legit and going to stay there

Items Auctioned

Rank Name Items

1 Johnny Mac 7882

As if it is, I would like to stop wasting my time on this leaderboard. Thanks

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!