Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 1 kyoubai issues, put em here or listen to mine heh

Hackmeister

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Might already be fixed. I was seeing some where it was leaping suddenly 50000 k or more, nearly right to the top of the max bid just made.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

The person with the most flezz should always win, but only when they are willing to part with a sizeable portion of that flezz.

As it works now, if the min bid of something is at 10,000 flezz and that person has a maximum bid of 100,000,000 flezz, then they will get the item for 10,000 flezz because nobody else has more than 100,000,000 to bid. Both the seller and the other potential buyers ought to take exception to this.

That’s what reserve price is for.

Synema

Avatar: 69058 Wed Dec 03 01:21:56 -0500 2008

Level 47 Camwhore

“Loose as a Goddamn Goose”

Every time I try to sell something, it’ll only let my buyout be 16,532 and therefore my reserve can only be 16,532. I have a pink floyd I’d like to sell but I’m certainly not letting it go for that price. Is there something I’m doing wrong?

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

Synema Posted:

Every time I try to sell something, it’ll only let my buyout be 16,532 and therefore my reserve can only be 16,532. I have a pink floyd I’d like to sell but I’m certainly not letting it go for that price. Is there something I’m doing wrong?

yes, dont set the buyout, just set the reserve..the buyout isnt necessary so therefore you may set as high a reserve as you like.

Auser

Avatar: 89481 Thu Feb 26 14:58:28 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Troll

Just south of sanity

Put an are you sure bumon on buy it now. I my quest to get a cheap pair of earbleeders i accidentally pressed buy it now and wasted like 300,000 Log in to see images!

Synema

Avatar: 69058 Wed Dec 03 01:21:56 -0500 2008

Level 47 Camwhore

“Loose as a Goddamn Goose”

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER Posted:

yes, dont set the buyout, just set the reserve..the buyout isnt necessary so therefore you may set as high a reserve as you like.

Thanks! Log in to see images!

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

Synema Posted:

Thanks! Log in to see images!

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

quangntenemy Posted:

That’s what reserve price is for.

Regardless, if your maximum bid is 10,000,000 flezz and I bid 2,000,000 flezz the current high bid should at least have to beat 2,000,000 flezz. The way proxy bidding systems are supposed to work is if somebody else bids an amount higher than the current bid but below your max, they lead the bidding very briefly before the computer rebids for you by proxy the lowest amount that is both below the max bid set and would beat the new high bid.

Currently the way things work is if the current high price (and reserve) is 1,000,000 and the max bid is 10,000,000, if you were to bid say 2,000,000, you will be told that you were outbid and the high price in the auction will become 1,002,000 or some number significantly less than 2,000,000. This is a problem for obvious reasons.

KindFearless-
Leader

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Kyoubai I just realized is doing an interesting thing.

It’s also demonstrating which moar files are effectively ‘too rare’. There’s a good deal of top tier moar files that have absolutely zero auctions, even in this environment where they’re going for ridiculous amounts.

Examples (taken from the +7 bracket or so):

useless program that only wastes space.exec

Blood Spatter Art.xpeg

Unknown Artist – Unknown Album – 06 – Unknown Artist.hear

Hacking Ruby Scripts – A Love/Hate Affair.pres

Leave Britney Alone! (Darkcide Remix).lstn

spank that (soulja girl).lstn

fermats_last_theorem_proof.leer

etc.

Rather than these going for ridiculous amounts, they’re not going for anything. Dunno, find that kind of interesting. I think Kyoubai will give a fairly accurate ‘availability’ picture, since any that’s available and high tier will be sold there.

jzion

Avatar: 39115 Sat Jan 10 19:53:46 -0500 2009

[Monolecular Dystro-
phy
]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

im thinking somebody already said this but, if you are outbid, when you go back to your char page and see the msg saying you were outbid, it tells you which item was outbid and gives you a link back to it to rebid

Everybodykno-
ws

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

well it seems to work ok but one thing i really dont like is it always puts you back to page one when you bid/look at something,

even pressing back takes you to page one, which makes

yes, that’s annoying. also the fact that pressing back or whatever causes you to be viewing ALL items, rather than the 1 category you want to be viewing, thereby making you re-toggle visibilities.

the others p hard to always try to get to, and it doesnt seem to be random order, its all whoever made them them first..?

that should be changed imo.

i’m fine with that remaining the way it is. auctions being in order based on how much time is remaining is done on just about every auction site. however, it might be nice to have a cap on how many auctions you can have running at once. let’s say 20, not so low as to be annoying when doing inventory cleaning, not high enough to annoy the **** out of everyone else. for example, in one of the categories, i saw 6 pages or so of the same item being sold by the same player. in my book, that’s just spamming the **** out of the auction system.

another issue is when creating an auction, there’s a cap on what the max buyout price can be. but it’s not displayed until you try going over that number and get a pop-up saying “this value must be lower than x”. please change it so the max buyout price displays like the minimum/maximum starting bid price.

Veist

Avatar: 35066 2012-11-21 18:44:47 -0500

[I hate you all]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

I’m kind of upset that we can’t sell individual moar pieces.

Sneaky27

Avatar: 70951 2010-02-06 21:28:05 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Regardless, if your maximum bid is 10,000,000 flezz and I bid 2,000,000 flezz the current high bid should at least have to beat 2,000,000 flezz. The way proxy bidding systems are supposed to work is if somebody else bids an amount higher than the current bid but below your max, they lead the bidding very briefly before the computer rebids for you by proxy the lowest amount that is both below the max bid set and would beat the new high bid.

Currently the way things work is if the current high price (and reserve) is 1,000,000 and the max bid is 10,000,000, if you were to bid say 2,000,000, you will be told that you were outbid and the high price in the auction will become 1,002,000 or some number significantly less than 2,000,000. This is a problem for obvious reasons.

My solution to this problem has been to hit the bid again bumon until the bid is higher than I’m comfortable paying. If I were to bid on one of the lower Pink Floyds with a bid of 3,000,000 and it says I’m outbid, then I’m damn sure going to make that file go for over 3,000,000. In no way is it right that my bid of 3mil isn’t enough, yet the higher bidder gets the file for less, possibly substantially less.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Yes this is definitely a problem with the current implementation of proxy bidding and I really like to see it fixed.

KindFearless-
Leader

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

hum. Another thing it shows is pretty much everyone has crappy programs, or not many of them, given that even +3 ranked programs are going for a ton.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Level 35 Troll

request this thread be moved to the kyoubai forum. and stickied.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Cool, stickied. I will say now that all the major complaints in this thread will be addressed soon!

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Evil Trout Posted:

Cool, stickied. I will say now that all the major complaints in this thread will be addressed soon!

Can you pretty-fy the title?

Cannabis_clo-
ck

[The rage against C-
annabis-Clock
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

either A:limit the ammount of total items that can be put up(ex:no more than say 20 of the same item can be sold by anyone at a given time)

or B:combine all of a single item sold by different people into one tab(ex:7 people are selling pink floyd and it appears u8nder a single tab)

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

ET-

Would it be possible to let the Kyoubai! interface parse commas in numbers without returning an error? So if I wanted to bit a million flezz, I could either enter “1000000” or “1,000,000”. Letting people use commas is a good way to help people who are vigilant yet imperfect from accidentally mispricing their bids (reserves, buyouts, etc.), since there is no way to retract any of these things.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!