Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Video Games Wii are Hardcore? Can you proves it?

1338h4x

Avatar: 22473 Sat Nov 29 21:01:08 -0500 2008

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 35 Troll

7 Vibrating Doldoes was never a meme

Crinkz Posted:

Also, the LoZ games, plus the wii isn’t all about graphics it’s about introdcueing new style of play for the future imo. Plus, graphics whores who actually care about graphics should be burned imo.

The problem is that few developers have had the common sense to figure out whether they’re using motion control in a way that works well and improves the game or whether they’ve just tacked on needless waggling to a game that could’ve been fine without it. It went from a new style of play to just flailing your arms around for no reason.

Of course, the DS touch screen was the same way when it first came out, but it didn’t seem to take near as long for devs to figure out how to use it properly.

Also, N64 Paper Mario is my all time favorite game but SPM just felt pretty meh, IMO. The platformer-hybrid seemed like a good idea at first, but flipping to 3D got old after just a few obstacles and ended up souring many levels with needless gimmicks, and the lack of badges and other PM staples was sacrilegious.

blizzard-kil-
la

Level 14 Hacker

“Packet Sniffer ”

dont forget the games you can buy on the internet with the wii like super mario rpg

[edit] stupid typos

blizzard-killa edited this message on 01/11/2009 7:12PM

Zeta

Avatar: 68174 Wed Oct 22 15:55:08 -0400 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 51 Troll

“eBaum”

HotShot Posted:

Yes. It explains why Count Bleck is trying to destroy all worlds. However it turns out that he’s not the main badbum in game

Screw Bleck. Luigi is the ultimate badbum in that game.

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

I **** penguins.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

I liked Paper Mario: TTYD (not so much the first one). But I avoided SPM because of reviews, lack of badges, and the fact it’s not really an RPG anymore. That was the whole point.

Still I praise Square for SMRPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. That was utterly brilliant.

1338h4x

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 35 Troll

Well SPM isn’t a bad game at all per se, it just pales in comparison to it’s predecessors. It’s still fun if you look at it on its own, just don’t expect an astounding masterpiece.

Call Me Diego

Avatar: 41721 2010-01-14 23:10:10 -0500

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Boo!

The list of Mature games on the Wii is growing.

JonnyEndless

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

I like the Wii, I find it very fun to play with when I have friends and family over! However, I don’t think it’s meant to be used as a “hard core” gaming console when at E3 Nintendo announced Wii Music as their major gaming contribution to the system.

Chronotrigga

[BAMF]

Level 12 Permanoob

“PERMANOOB”

Although there are ‘some’ hardcore-like games on the Wii, the direction of the Wii itself is not made for a hardcore audience. It is obviously made for a casual audience, with their commercials and internet marketing revealing so. The Wii is the best-selling console at the moment due to its appeal for parents and kids. Parents can interract with their kids with the Nintendo Wii Console, since a lot of the games are lower-aged games.

For a more hardcore mature audience, the Xbox360 and PS3 is the alternative, obviously. But, I won’t go more into depth with that. Yes, there are some Mature games for the Wii, but the Wii itself isn’t meant to have hardcore games like Left 4 Dead, Fallout 3, and the others.

If you’re a console gamer, and all you own is a Wii, it’s time to upgrade to something else and get into real console gaming. Super Mario Galaxy only lasts like 5 hours.

1338h4x

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 35 Troll

Chronotrigga Posted:

If you’re a console gamer, and all you own is a Wii, it’s time to upgrade to something else and get into real console gaming. Super Mario Galaxy only lasts like 5 hours.

Actually I’d say Galaxy lasts a hell of a lot longer than any of the other ‘hardcore’ games you mention. Did you get all 242 stars yet? The real problem is that once you finish with that and Brawl, there’s almost nothing else.

Chronotrigga

[BAMF]

Level 12 Permanoob

“PERMANOOB”

1338h4x Posted:

Actually I’d say Galaxy lasts a hell of a lot longer than any of the other ‘hardcore’ games you mention. Did you get all 242 stars yet? The real problem is that once you finish with that and Brawl, there’s almost nothing else.

I meant the main storyline. Of course, if you went back in SMG and tried to get all 242 stars, it would be a lot longer (the last ones are very hard, I heard). To take Fallout 3 as an example, the main storyline can be beaten in like 5-7 hours. However, there are tons of side quests that you can beat, giving you a lengthy game if you complete every single quest.

In addition, a lot of developers see the Wii as an “easy buck”, where they can grind out games without proper development. The majority of Wii game sales are from first-party titles, and not third-party titles.

You may find this article interesting; I just googled “wii first party games”: http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/is-the-wii-failing-to-meet-its-potential-/1281752

Using figures from review aggregation site Metacritic.com, almost half of Wii games released since the console launched in 2006 have scored below 65%, compared with about a third of Xbox 360 and PS3 titles.

I’m not busting on the Wii here. I’m just saying that because the Wii is ‘mainly’ targeted to a casual more broader audience, a lot of game developers are pumping out games for the Wii that are not necessarily top quality because they know that uneducated parents, who want to buy games for their kids and don’t know anything better will pick them up. The Wii has some good games (mostly first party) like SSBB, SMG, Mario Kart, Zack & Wiki, and more, but with those come like 400 **** horrible games.

According to game sales authority NPD Group, the top ten best-selling Wii games — titles like Mario Kart, Wii Fit, and last year’s number one game, Wii Play — accounted for about 44% of all Wii game purchases in 2008.

These are straight hard facts; I’m not making them up.

Chronotrigga edited this message on 01/27/2009 1:03PM

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

2K games? As in 2K play? I tried their mini golf game. The controls suck, it too short, minimal animation on the character and the voice acting really gets old fast. Perhaps they just don’t know what makes a good game. I don’t trust their judgement.

Chronotrigga

[BAMF]

Level 12 Permanoob

“PERMANOOB”

Balloon Posted:

2K games? As in 2K play? I tried their mini golf game. The controls suck, it too short, minimal animation on the character and the voice acting really gets old fast. Perhaps they just don’t know what makes a good game. I don’t trust their judgement.

Yes. 2K Games made the ****ty title Wii Carnival for the Wii and released it pretty early before all the actual real ****ty bad Wii games started flooding in. So, for all the parents that didn’t know what else to get, they all bought Wii Carnival. Now, a **** game like Wii Carnival, that has a 56% Metacritic rating is on average ~$30 on eBay.

In comparison, Fable 2 and Fallout 3 are about ~$35-39 on eBay.

Since Wii Carnival was released early, I bumume it got much more media attention which is why it still sells.

Chronotrigga edited this message on 01/27/2009 1:22PM

Colonel Bear

Avatar: 68748 Mon May 18 15:38:07 -0400 2009

[Very Busy Klan]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

For developers the wii isn’t as easy to work with as previous consoles. With the snes you had a library with 500/700 games being good. With the wii you have a library of 270/300 being ****. VC console doesn’t count. Wiiware counts. >Log in to see images!

Jarwain

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 13 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

1338h4x Posted:

Those aren’t hardcore games, those are ****ty blockbuster FPS titles.

Get some Sam & Max, Strong Bad, Mario Galaxy, Brawl, plenty of VC games like Secret of Mana, and all the other good **** up on that list, frat boy shootan junkie.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl OWNS!!!

1338h4x

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 35 Troll

Yeah, the problem is the sheer amount of **** titles flooding the market. It’s a real shame 3rd party developers won’t put any effort into releasing good games for the system.

The Girl Wit-
h Mad Skillz-
Yo

[Homosexual Goose M-
afiosi
]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Brawl is ok, but after a while it starts losing it’s fun. Nothing to do but get all the enemy trophies.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

The wii is a male reproductive organtease. I went in thinking my old pal Nintendo’s seal of quality meant something, that they wouldent sell out instantly to the mbumes. I went in thinking games were made for gamers. They have sold out so much they took the camera out of dead rising. **** the wii, she left me for all the men in town.

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

No, the Wii is not hardcore, and won’t BE hardcore, because Nintendo has admitted that they don’t GIVE A DAMN about hardcore. They’re making plenty of money off of casual games, and that’s all they care about now.

Also where’s the option for Log in to see images!’ing your PS3? ‘Cause I do.

BTW Brawl wasn’t as good as Melee, Mario Galaxy wasn’t as good as 64 or Sunshine, and Metroid Prime 3 wasn’t as good as either of the first two MP games. The only Nintendo title that actually improved was LoZ, and Twilight Princess was cross-platform with the gamecube anyways.

1338h4x Posted:

The problem is that few developers have had the common sense to figure out whether they’re using motion control in a way that works well and improves the game or whether they’ve just tacked on needless waggling to a game that could’ve been fine without it. It went from a new style of play to just flailing your arms around for no reason.

This. Also that on some games there simply IS NO WAY to implement it properly, and to leave it the **** out. Yes there are games that it can improve. No those games are not the LoZ, Metroid, Mario etc. series’.

And no I don’t just hate Nintendo, because I don’t want that **** at this place too. I ****ing LOVE Nintendo. I only EVER bought a non-Nintendo console(PS2) before this generation in like the last year of the PS2’s lifespan, and that was ENTIRELY for Final Fantasy and Armored Core. I DIDN’T KILL MYSELF during my horrible, abusive childhood because of the SNES.

I only hate the Wii and DS. The Wii just ****s everything good Nintendo has ever done in the bum, spits on it, ****s it in the mouth with its ****-covered male reproductive organ, then takes a **** on it. DS does so to a lesser degree, though it’s been getting better about the “Instead of making games, let’s make an excuse to poke a touchscreen” thing.

And don’t say that I don’t own one, because I personally own a Wii and there are actually THREE DS’s in my household.

Lord Shplane edited this message on 02/04/2009 10:41PM

Universalm00-
tsniffer

[D C A S]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Yeah,the N64 was hardcore,that pooped all over the playstation at the time.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!