Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Boobs Paying for Ep2: Why not just put up ads?

PunkyGirl04

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Even though I really like this game (I was shocked and saddened just now when it told me I had completed episode 1… cry!) I don’t think there’s any way I would pay to play episode 2 (I have a very tight budget, plus the idea of paying for a web-based game just seems a little crazy!). So I was wondering, why don’t they just put up ads? Like Google ads or something? Judging by the forum activity this game is pretty popular (I know it is with my group of friends) so they’d probably get a lot of clicks…

Also, is there any point on continuing to play now that I’ve finished Episode 1? Will I be able to use the same character in Episode 2 or will I be starting all over? Does anyone know anything about episode 2?!? Please tell me!!! Spoilers welcome! Log in to see images!

Thanks!

LolWhut

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Hey, maybe I’m just crazy or tired but look!

Down there!

|

|

|

|

V

PunkyGirl04

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

LolWhut Posted:

Hey, maybe I’m just crazy or tired but look!

Down there!

|

|

|

|

V

Uhm… maybe I’m just crazy, but… are you saying there are ads? Because I don’t see any! Log in to see images!

kaminadiasco

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 14 Camwhore

“Attention Slut”

There are ads all over the site. How haven’t you noticed???

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Sounds like someone is using adblock!

VIVa-ChiCk

Level 14 Troll

aka FireFury

Lol, It says Tubmail lolwhut for me 0.o

delta1238

[Facepunch]

Level 15 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

VIVa-ChiCk Posted:

Lol, It says Tubmail lolwhut for me 0.o

This.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Yeah, there are already tons of ads, but Crotch Zombie is getting more traffic than they expected. To keep up with getting more servers, RAM, etc., they’ll probably have to charge us for Ep2 – which not only makes them money, but weeds out some potential users and brings costs down as well.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

does adblock reduce ad-generated revenue for crotch zombie? If having adblock on is hurting their wallets at all I’ll turn it off for forumwarz.

Just because I care. Log in to see images!

VIVa-ChiCk

Level 14 Troll

aka FireFury

Only if you click them it gives them cashzor

Crash Coredu-
mp

[OrtOrtOrt]

Level 4 Troll

I AM A STUPID male reproductive organSUCKING fabulous person

**** paying for www games

SuperMo0

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

does adblock reduce ad-generated revenue for crotch zombie? If having adblock on is hurting their wallets at all I’ll turn it off for forumwarz.

Just because I care. Log in to see images!

AiglosCelt

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

This is the only www game I’d ever consider paying reel moniez for. If it comes to pay for play for episode 2, I’ll be in.

(In b4 allegations of sucking dev male reproductive organ…..though I’m very open minded…Log in to see images!

lulz56

[The Knights of LOL]

Level 21 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Use Gamblebot to make money.

Here is how it goes.

You can buy fezz.If the fezz is only used for gamlbing you don’t get cheater penalized. Any profits you make. (you have to be up) you can use on your character. So if you deposit 5 bucks for 1000 fezz. You can only withdraw for a non-cheating account anything over 1001 dollars.

jumparound

Level 7 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

lulz56 Posted:

Use Gamblebot to make money.

Here is how it goes.

You can buy fezz.If the fezz is only used for gamlbing you don’t get cheater penalized. Any profits you make. (you have to be up) you can use on your character. So if you deposit 5 bucks for 1000 fezz. You can only withdraw for a non-cheating account anything over 1001 dollars.

Xerxes

Avatar: 5251 Sun Nov 09 23:58:30 -0500 2008

Level 24 Emo Kid

“Bleeding Heart”

Yes, Forumwarz uses Google adsense, which pays Crotch Zombie everytime someone clicks on them. Ad blockers can remove these, however the net average of hits per ad click is 1 every 100 visitors.

Now, if Crotch Zombie were really advantageous they’d do a couple things…

First, figure out their CPM rate, as that’s the number most web advertisers use (CPM stands for Clicks Per Thousand. The M is a roman numeral M.) Then come up with a CPM rate value, this multiplied by the number of unique hits Forumwarz receives will be the price that they charge advertisers for ad space every month (this is how most people do it, the old fashioned way without using Google adsense. Adsense is fine, but I bumume they make less money through them.) As the number of CPM rises so to can Crotch Zombie raise their prices. And at the rate of growth Forumwarz is receiving the time for them to act on this is now (if not a week ago.) Anyway, you build up a relationship with advertisers, track your growth and everything’s magically delicious, etc. Log in to see images!

Then they could put up stuff to buy. Physical things like t-shirts, mouse pads and stickers, etc. Further increase the Forumwarz merch and Crotch Zombie brand. This is also affected by that 1/100 rule (for every 100 unique visitors about 1 of them will buy merchandise. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re already seeing these numbers for brownie points.) That plus the brownie points adds an extra source of revenue.

All and all I’d say if they ran unique ads, google ad sense, merch and brownie points they’d be pulling in enough cash to pay for server bills by the time episode 2 is released. There’s a huge lurch in users, but that number will go down as time goes on between now and episode 2’s release. All and all they could still charge for episode 2 and people will still pay for it, but with the added cash flow from other parts of the site the cost for buying episode 2 will be drastically lower than what they’re projecting now (if they’re doing any number pushing.)

I’d also hope they’d put up an e-mail newsletter so people who enjoyed Forumwarz and stopped playing can be notified when episode 2 comes out. Log in to see images! Xerxes edited this message on 02/28/2008 2:06AM

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Crash Coredump Posted:

**** paying for www games

Yes, because they cost nothing to develop and keep running, even under the load of thousands of active players! Log in to see images!

You do realize that if everyone had your attitude, there wouldn’t be any games at all, right?

Crash Coredu-
mp

[OrtOrtOrt]

Level 4 Troll

Evil Trout Posted:

Yes, because they cost nothing to develop and keep running, even under the load of thousands of active players! Log in to see images!

You do realize that if everyone had your attitude, there wouldn’t be any games at all, right?

no because there’d still be ****ers willing to pay cash monies for **** like extra equipment or custom titles

wunat

[suchar]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

ya know it best ;]

Crash Coredu-
mp

[OrtOrtOrt]

Level 4 Troll

wunat Posted:

ya know it best ;]

exactly

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!