Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 1 Large Klan pages take forever to load. Possible remedy inside.

EphyuSikay

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Every time I want to go check the domination lists or my Klan’s forums, I have to go through my Klan’s page, and with the Klan being so very large, the page takes a very long time to load.

I think switching the list of members that appears on the Klan’s profile page to its own tab would save a lot of bandwidth and database time, rather than having to fetch the icon, name, and relevant information about every member of a Klan each time their front page is loaded. I’m fairly sure most people don’t click their Klan’s tab to scroll down and look at the members, and if they do, they probably wouldn’t mind having to click one extra link.

Admiral Cran-
kypants

Level 35 Permanoob

“Kapitan Stupidska”

Protip: Join a smaller klan

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

Admiral Crankypants Posted:

Protip: Join a smaller klan

quantumenergy

[Everyday Regular N-
ormal Klan
]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Awesome can I join your klan?

quantumenergy

[Everyday Regular N-
ormal Klan
]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Sorry Nicco I mean ED, not yours Log in to see images!

EphyuSikay

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I know that would fix -my- issue, if I really cared so very much about it as to leave a klan, but I know from experience that something like that being accessed frequently (and unnecessarily) creates a noticeable load on the web server, and can stall the loading of other pages.

I’m not talking about it taking too long to load bandwidth wise (which would be mostly my problem, though it might **** off hosts), but as in it’s taking the site that long to process and serve the page. If it takes several to do so, it’s probably having a bad impact on the rest of the site’s performance, and there’s at least two klans that are that big, with quite a few members.

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Why don’t you just bookmark the dom tab?

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

OP has a good idea. It would be very helpful not only to us large klan members, but to everyone, if loading the klan pages truly does put a load on the FW server.

Sneaky27

Avatar: 70951 2010-02-06 21:28:05 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Amasius Posted:

Why don’t you just bookmark the dom tab?

Seems like the easy solution.

Drunkenlazyb-
astard

Avatar: 10017 Sun Nov 02 12:21:15 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Troll

STUPID WANNABE INTERNET CELEBRITY, BTW ED ****ING SUCKS AND I SHOULD DIE

Sneaky27 Posted:

Seems like the easy solution.

inconvenient

EphyuSikay

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

You guys don’t seem to see the issue.

I don’t care that it’s taking a long time to load for me, I care that it’s bad for the server. I do all kinds of programming and web development, and I know that a loop running through a list, especially when it has to fetch from a database (very likely with joins), it can stall the whole server, or at least lag it. Even if it’s the most efficient piece of code in the world and somehow doesn’t tax the server at all, loading all those images and names is a little bit of unnecessary bandwidth that the fine people who bring us this game have to pay extra for each month. Even if it’s unlimited bandwidth hosting (I’m hoping so, since this is likely dedicated), most hosts get ****y if you draw too much.

I know the team seems to care about database use, since in another post about adding streak indicators to the forum lists, their stated reason for not doing so was that it wouldn’t be a clean database call, but a bunch of joins.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!