Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fun Special attacks/abilities in the game?

Wyrd

Avatar: 2782 2011-10-31 19:56:49 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Camwhore

I tried to get over myself, but I'm just too awesome!

Why aren’t there any special attacks/abilities in the game (either character or enemy attacks, preferably both)?

The following attacks/abilities for instance could make pwning a lot more interesting and less awfully tedious:

-Stun attacks

-Weaken attacks

-Confuse attacks

-Slow attacks

-Poison attacks

-Regenerate

-Extra strong attacks that damage yourself

-Shield (subtract from douchebaggery/sexiness/etc instead of ego for a while)

-Beserk (more damage, chance to miss, less defense)

-Etc.

Right?

Wyrd edited this message on 12/16/2008 7:36AM

RebDoomer

Avatar: 93795 Thu Dec 04 16:10:40 -0500 2008

Level 24 Permanoob

“Moron”

Wyrd Posted:

Why aren’t there any special attacks/abilities in the game (either character or enemy attacks, preferably both)?

The following attacks/abilities for instance could make pwning a lot more interesting and less awfully tedious:

-Stun attacks

-Weaken attacks

-Confuse attacks

-Slow attacks

-Poison attacks

-Regenerate

-Extra strong attacks that damage yourself

-Shield (subtract from douchebaggery/sexiness/etc instead of ego for a while)

-Beserk (more damage, chance to miss, less defense)

-Etc.

I think there was a thread like this a while ago requesting that hackers get DOT attacks, not that it matters. I support any idea that would make the pwning process fun again.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Signed.

Bandaney

Avatar: 70433 2014-06-07 22:10:47 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 60 Hacker

Ask me about how many male reproductive organs in my bum :zak:

Then we’d all change to Pokemon because it’d be the same.

No, seriously, the idea is cool

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

well, there’s already a regen status (from endo patch) and power up status.. there’s weaken also from FBO. So some are there already.

How the hell would confuse work?

Wyrd

Avatar: 2782 2011-10-31 19:56:49 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Camwhore

I tried to get over myself, but I'm just too awesome!

Inertia Posted:

How the hell would confuse work?

Like that. Log in to see images!

Something like a chance that the thread attacks itself instead of you, or itself and you.

BlankTH

Avatar: 26180 Wed Nov 19 19:43:39 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Is gay for looming

- Extra strong attacks that require you to rest next turn.
Hyper Beam

0Dy553I_I5

Level 33 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

signed!

Oliver Klosh-
off

Level 32 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

That would be an excellent idea.

For example, for a stun attack, maybe a camwhore could post her exposed breasts (censored during gameplay, of course), and the posters on the thread would not be able to do anything for a turn, since they would be too smitten to think of an angry reply.

Another possibilty would be to expand on Ophelia’s Bad Poetry, and make it’s attack posts so incredibly long, that it would make the angry posters fall asleep for a few turns, out of sheer boredom (or you could make poetry sleep attacks an Emo exclusive ability).

For Trolls, maybe a goatse attack (again, censored, for the sake of what’s left of everyone’s sanity) could deteriorate the ego of a thread over a few turns.

For Permanoobs, they could post something extremely stupid (even by their standards), causing the posters to become confused, giving them a 50/50 chance of either attacking you, or attacking themselves.

For Hackers, give them an auto bot that allows them to post multiple times (in a sort of Haste-like state) before the thread can counter-attack.

I also like BlankTH’s idea:

BlankTH Posted:

Extra strong attacks that require you to rest next turn.

These are some possibilities of special attacks, but if attacks like these are implemented into the game, I think the threads would have to be a bit stronger, to balance everything out.

Are-

Avatar: 90963 Mon Dec 15 03:10:56 -0500 2008

[Giveupalready]

Level 35 Hacker

The Biscuit Kid is my GOD, and I'm a piece of ****!

Oliver Kloshoff Posted:

That would be an excellent idea.

For example, for a stun attack, maybe a camwhore could post her exposed breasts (censored during gameplay, of course), and the posters on the thread would not be able to do anything for a turn, since they would be too smitten to think of an angry reply.

Another possibilty would be to expand on Ophelia’s Bad Poetry, and make it’s attack posts so incredibly long, that it would make the angry posters fall asleep for a few turns, out of sheer boredom (or you could make poetry sleep attacks an Emo exclusive ability).

For Trolls, maybe a goatse attack (again, censored, for the sake of what’s left of everyone’s sanity) could deteriorate the ego of a thread over a few turns.

For Permanoobs, they could post something extremely stupid (even by their standards), causing the posters to become confused, giving them a 50/50 chance of either attacking you, or attacking themselves.

For Hackers, give them an auto bot that allows them to post multiple times (in a sort of Haste-like state) before the thread can counter-attack.

This could actually make the clbumes different to play Log in to see images!

Doc_Holliday

Avatar: 85846 Fri Nov 21 20:09:23 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I'm your ****leberry.

This would be interesting if it was incorporated into new .moar files. Perhaps for different .moars, you can have a different effect chance added to your attack. The harder the file to put together, the more likely the status effect will hit.

Dogreat timesent = Confuse (lowers forum offense making their attacks do less damage)

Music = Daze/Deafen (raises user offense)

Picture = Blind/Distract (increases chance of missed attacks by forums – which I guess would be a boost to user defense)

Program = Crash (should be rare – gives a chance of a critical hit which results in an insta-killed thread)

Video = Insanity (should be the rarest effect – the posters go insane from what they saw and start damaging the thread in addition to you in the process with each post)

Doc_Holliday edited this message on 12/17/2008 8:19AM

Kilroy

Avatar: 62524 Fri Dec 26 00:25:59 -0500 2008

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Everything in this thread has been signed by The Kilroy.

The Suspender

Avatar: 70366 Mon Dec 29 00:40:55 -0500 2008

Level 24 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

Forums should get such too.

Change avatar to embarrasing:Ego decrease every turn for x turns.

Delete your posts/fix your hacks:Heals.

Change sig to embarrbuming:Lower your offense temporarily.

Quote Pyramid:Critacil hit with high chance of missing.

NO ULog in to see images!amage reflection.

Tempban:Stops you from doing anything for x turns.

Permaban:Same, but when you come back you’re under a proxy, effectively the same as an embarrasing avatar.

Maha

Level 41 Troll

“Hot Sauce in the Dick Hole”

Very much signed.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

I like the idea of a forum attacking itself, since often people make posts that actually make them unintentionally look more stupid than the person they are insulting. Although since the game is satirical a lot of posts from enemy already are making fun of themselves more than you, so it could be kind of tricky to decide on something like this.

Drunkenlazyb-
astard

Avatar: 10017 Sun Nov 02 12:21:15 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Troll

STUPID WANNABE INTERNET CELEBRITY, BTW ED ****ING SUCKS AND I SHOULD DIE

agreed on all counts

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Good proposals, I like the slowing down or stunning best. A reverse fap against a forum would be cool, it could lower the offense

Pavilion

Avatar: 74903 2011-07-31 00:19:12 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Adapt Posted:

I like the idea of a forum attacking itself, since often people make posts that actually make them unintentionally look more stupid than the person they are insulting. Although since the game is satirical a lot of posts from enemy already are making fun of themselves more than you, so it could be kind of tricky to decide on something like this.

Hmm. Hacker move: phish

Phishes an enemy’s account and posts as them. Sometimes enemies attack the phished user for x turns.

That’d be fun.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I think the best way to handle status effects is as a new clbum, since clbumes need to be distinct in order to be worth having.

Soulmech

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

If effects are implemented, they should be related to .moar files and clbumes, to make each clbum and each .moar file category distinct.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!