Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Religion Blog post regarding Forumwarz buisness model and paying for games

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

If anyone hasn’t noticed, there is a new blog post with some interesting comments from Evil Trout regarding paying for episode 2. There is also a fairly interesting series of comments to the blog post.

http://blog.forumwarz.com/2008/10/21/different-business-models/comments/5101#comment-5101

Anansi

[Arsenal of Ninjacr-
acy
]

Level 69 Troll

Resident Psychoanalyst

It’s a decent business model, I think. And the 1 BP deduction for transferring brownie points to someone else means players who get other players to give them the BPs for episode 2 make ET more money (or at least result in more BPs being spent).

It kind of sucked going through that irritating intro sequence only to have to pay for episode 2, but then I thought about it—it’s pretty reasonable to ask for, especially given all the fun I’ve had with forumwarz.

Of course, things will probably die down again soon. A lot of episode 1 players who had left (myself included) came back for episode 2…I keep saying this over and over but the game needs more cohesive user-generated content to give it real staying power and replayability.

The thing about satire-based games like this is, the jokes are funny the first time but once you’ve played all the way through you don’t want to sit through them again.

So in my opinion users—or maybe klans—should be able to create their own missions along the lines of the job board with maybe some custom items. Naturally there would have to be constraints on that to avoid messing up the game’s balance. But wouldn’t it be great if you had to pwn a certain forum in order to become member of a klan? If each klan had its own customized special attack? etc.

So again…The content we have is great and well worth the ten bucks, but I would like to see more replayability.

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

Anansi Posted:

It’s a decent business model, I think. And the 1 BP deduction for transferring brownie points to someone else means players who get other players to give them the BPs for episode 2 make ET more money (or at least result in more BPs being spent).

I thought they got rid of the deduction?

Anansi

[Arsenal of Ninjacr-
acy
]

Level 69 Troll

Resident Psychoanalyst

Lord Shplane Posted:

I thought they got rid of the deduction?

Oh, did they? That’s no good. Checking now.

EDIT:

Spoilerpedia Posted:

Brownie Points can be transfered from one user to another, for a flat fee of one Brownie Point on the sender’s end. This method is often used as a reward for user-run contests. -This has been suspended for an extended period of time.

I guess you’re right. It was a little absurd when you just wanted to give someone a single brownie point, but it makes sense in general.

I think we should be able to transfer a certain amount for free each day (maybe under 5), and any beyond that the 1 BP deduction makes sense.

Anansi edited this message on 10/21/2008 9:29PM

CHALKONEUPTO-
DALORD

Avatar: 49117 2011-10-31 03:55:43 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 10 Camwhore

You should listen to the groovy trip-hop in my sig

Much respect for that black woman in a wheelchair. I feel for their plight.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!