- First, click on "New Auction" on the Kyoubai front page.
- You can select virtually any unequipped item from your inventory and put it up for auction, if it's an equippable, it must be in "Mint" condition. If you have unequipped items and they aren't selectable, go to Bruce Bear's Fix-All to fix them.
- You set the starting price, as well as a length of time to run your auction (12, 24 or 72 hours).
- Optionally, you can set a buyout price or a reserve price.
- The auction house will charge you a listing fee based on the parameters of your auction. Generally speaking: the higher the starting price, and the longer the auction, the higher the fee. You can keep the fee to the minimum by accepting the default starting price. The value of the buyout price and reserve price have no effect on the fee.
Log in to see images!Other players can then bid on your items.
Log in to see images!At the end of the auction, the highest bidder wins the item, provide that the bid meets the required reserve price (if any.) You will receive money equal to the item's final price, plus the auction fee (strangely Kyoubai doesn't charge anything for a successful auction.) And your News feed will display a message from BidSquid.
Log in to see images!There is a minimum bid amount based on the current bid on an item. Simply accept it, or enter the maximum amount you're willing to spend on the item you want.
Log in to see images! and your News feed will update with his apologies.
Log in to see images!. In the News feed, he will apologize to you, then blame you for being a cheapskate causing the auction to fail.
Log in to see images!If you have lots of money to spare but no time to engage in bidding, you can choose to buy the item outright, provide that the buyout price for that item has been set.
Taken from Johnny Mac's thread: Kyoubai Flamebate FAQ
What is a reserve price?
- The reserve you set makes it so that your item will not sell unless it reaches that amount.
What is a buyout price?
- Enabled after one hour, the buyout price enables a bidder to immediately end an auction, awarding the item for the set number of flezz. If the current bid becomes higher than the buyout price before it is enabled, the buyout price is disabled and the auction will continue as if no price was set.
What is proxy bidding?
- Proxy bidding, as the name explains, is the process in which your bids are placed automatically, up to the amount of your maximum bid you set. Kyoubai automatically does this for you. This allows you to set a nice price early and sit back, and will automatically bid higher than other people who bid as long as nobody else bids over your maximum proxy bid. You will proxy bid up to the amount of your current max bid.
How do I use a proxy bid?
- Placing any bid will allow you to proxy bid as long as it is the highest bid on the item. You don’t have to click anything special.
How do I search for a specific file?
- The “Name” Box in the Filter options area will allow you to type in anything, and it will update the list to only include items with that included. This is a tad glitchy currently, the less you put in the better. If it turns to display nothing, backspace all the way and slowly type it in again until you see what you like.
Bidsquid sent me money!
- You were outbid on an item. When you place a bid, your money is placed in Bidsquid. This is to prevent people from bidding more than they have in multiple auctions. When you get outbid, your money is refunded.
Why can’t I bid on this item?
- Either bidding is closed, the auction was created by you or an alt of yours, or you have purchased illegal gaming enhancements.
Is there a way to track my bids?
- A new feature has been added. By pressing on the 'My bids' bumon on the top of the page, you'll be taken to a page containing a summerize of all your past bids and relevent information: auction name high bidder, current bid & time left.
All this is fine and dandy, but where the **** is Kyoubai?
- You receive the Kyoubai bookmark after reaching level 4.
Go Back to the Spoilerpedia Main Page