Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

MC Banhammer Posted:

This.

Our research into HoG’s “hacking” is done. We have found no behavior by him which was in any way severe, or problematic. In light of this, we’re going to allow HoG to return to full functionality.

Well, not actually in light of this. We’re going to allow him to return because he is a shining pillar of light to this community, a high point on Flamebate in all of his many alts, and, most importantly—

Because he didn’t do anything.

He and tubs arranged a joke. Tubs’ account was never hacked; Tubs himself made the original postings, in anticipation of HoG going on vacation for a week (a vacation which is now over). I didn’t know about it originally, so I acted as I normally would, immediately permabanning Tubs and then finding out what the story was. And it was a funny story.

So we continued it. When ET made the mammary glands thread and you guys accused him of being HoG, I banned ET (after consulting with him) and propogated. And I answered every post as though it were real — except you’ll notice that every single such post was in an RP forum!

Much lulz was had by HoG himself over this. And no harm to the site was done anywhere. Except, I suppose to you guys — YHBT!!!

I should be upset, probably, but I’m not. This merely proves that everyone involved is far cooler than we had given them credit for.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!