Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Macho Handofg0ds permaban

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

From Fran’s thread:

Fran Posted:

http://www.forumwarz.com/profiles/handofg0d

Seriously, did he really got a permaban because TUBSWEETIE was stupid enough to fall on a stupid trick?

Should we expect to get a permaban if we want to take advantage of STUPID moderators? If you are a ****ing moderator you should take double caution with your account NO ****ING COMMENTS.

Removing TUBS’s moderating rights is the way to go here. Because, really, do we really trust our site to stupid ****s who can’t even take care of some piece of information?

Seriously, go **** yourself. I know you enjoy tubs’ male reproductive organsuckage but this is beyond idiotic and a total lack of consideration for the people who frequent this POS on a regular basis.

If h0g was banned for illegal alts (I guess he is), shouldn’t Tubs be permabanned too? Either unban them both or permaban them both, not something in between.

Discuss.

mNeMoNiC aLg-
0rItHm

[KLAN GORSE POOP]

Level 33 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

all i can say is, if a mod cant hide his pbumword properly or theres some other loophole that allows a player to do this,

then its cz’s fault not hogs really..he coulda done much worse while he hijacked the acct

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

mNeMoNiC aLg0rItHm Posted:

all i can say is, if a mod cant hide his pbumword properly or theres some other loophole that allows a player to do this,

then its cz’s fault not hogs really..he coulda done much worse while he hijacked the acct

Yeah. People seem to forget what would’ve happened if he had any malicious thoughts. From the time between his posts, he could’ve wreaked havoc worse than the Bizarro Tom incident.

TUBS is my friend and I won’t deny that. But I won’t defend him if his pbumword was that easy. As I said, I don’t believe in hacking.

DarkDespair5

Avatar: 77864 Thu Jun 04 08:28:46 -0400 2009

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Fran Posted:

Yeah. People seem to forget what would’ve happened if he had any malicious thoughts. From the time between his posts, he could’ve wreaked havoc worse than the Bizarro Tom incident.

TUBS is my friend and I won’t deny that. But I won’t defend him if his pbumword was that easy. As I said, I don’t believe in hacking.

Give HoG tempban imo

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

Fran Posted:

I don’t believe in hacking.

I must disagree. There most definitely IS such a thing as hacking. However, this wasn’t it.

Hacking is exploiting the architecture of a computer, either hardware or software. However, I would also say that the exploit needs to be something inherent to that architecture. As far as I know handofg0d didn’t find a hole in CZ’s code, just in Tubs’s pbumword choice. That’s not really hacking, any more than it’s lockpicking to walk in the door you held shut with a piece of twine.

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

OrsonScottCard Posted:

As far as I know handofg0d didn’t find a hole in CZ’s code, just in Tubs’s pbumword choice. That’s not really hacking, any more than it’s lockpicking to walk in the door you held shut with a piece of twine.

I think h0g used an @mailinator e-mail address to gain Tubs’ account information. This seems to be fixed now.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

He actively sought to acquire the pbumword of another player, and specifically a Moderator?

Sorry, Fran. I like HoG, but that’s just blatantly malicious behavior. If you break & enter into someone’s home, you don’t get to claim innocence just because you only messed up the house a little bit. The fact that you didn’t vandalize the entire house isn’t cause for celebration; it’s simply cause for relief.

Should it be a perma-ban or a temp-ban? Not sure there. It’s a pretty serious offense, and I’m not sure what his ban history is. And as far as claiming that he was ‘trying to help with security issues’, that’s a lot as well. If that truly were the case, he could have Tubmailed ET with what he found. If he simply laid a trap, that’s not helping security issues,it’s exploiting it.

OrsonScottCard Posted:

That’s not really hacking, any more than it’s lockpicking to walk in the door you held shut with a piece of twine.

Agreed. But it’s still B&E/trespbuming.

Acid Flux edited this message on 01/30/2009 6:11PM

Sapper

Avatar: 8525 2009-12-20 17:41:27 -0500

[So ronery]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Stealing an account is wrong. Unless Tubs GAVE him the info, then the information was stolen, and whoever stole it should be permabanned. It isnt like he didnt know he was wrong.

Nothing is truly secure on the net, anyone with dedication, the right tools, and time can find out just about anything about someone’s internet personnae. Punishing Tubs for having his account hacked would be pretty fricking stupid, as is BLAMING him for his account being stolen. You blame people who leave thier keys in thier cars in high crime areas for having thier cars stolen? If you do, you suck.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Sapper Posted:

You blame people who leave thier keys in thier cars in high crime areas for having thier cars stolen? If you do, you suck.

Uh, actually, yeah, I do. If you know that you are in a high-risk area, and you take high-risk actions, then you have a least partial responsibility for the consequences, even if you didn’t commit any sort of crime.

There’s the difference between committing an illegal act and a stupid one.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Let’s consider other reasons for clemency.

h0g is (was?) without hesitation one of the coolest posters on fwz, directly responsible for some of the most creative new content around here and is just a fun guy. A lengthy tempban with a threat to perma if anything like this ever happens again? I could see that as reasonable. But this is really excessive.

Edit: I’m not going to alt reveal, but we’re really losing some hilarious user content with him gone. It’s a really big loss.

Fortunato edited this message on 01/30/2009 6:40PM

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

IMO, if he did the things I jokingly posted he should have done I would say go for the permaban. Since he only did it as a joke, he didn’t do anything malicious at all or share the pbumword or anything, this should be a tempban at worst.

All he did was make 3 threads in the hacker forum and sticky them, right? Think about the damage he could have caused if he wanted to… I’m not saying what he did was right or anything, but I AM saying what he did was harmless.

This is just like any other exploit that has been even rewarded in the past. Didn’t CZ know about the mailinator thing because members of FoF have both A) used it before (MST on m00n-Kriket) and B) reported it as a bug? HoG was merely bringing this problem to the attention of everyone, much like tubs did with the flezz exploit, or mst did with the posting on stalls while banned, or what KoLOL did with unlimited cards etc.

FAIL edited this message on 01/30/2009 7:12PM

FAIL

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Also, I forgot to mention unmodding tubs would be a ridiculous and stupid thing to do. Tubs definitely has his faults, but he tries pretty damn hard to keep everyone happy most of the time. As much as I give him ****, he’s a good mod and shouldn’t be to blame for this happening. Horrible suggestion IMO.

h0g and tubs both bring a lot to flamebate (which is honestly the best part of this game, especially after you beat it) and it would be a shame to see either of them go.

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

FAIL Posted:

Also, I forgot to mention unmodding tubs would be a ridiculous and stupid thing to do. Tubs definitely has his faults, but he tries pretty damn hard to keep everyone happy most of the time. As much as I give him ****, he’s a good mod and shouldn’t be to blame for this happening. Horrible suggestion IMO.

h0g and tubs both bring a lot to flamebate (which is honestly the best part of this game, especially after you beat it) and it would be a shame to see either of them go.

QFT

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

FAIL Posted:

Good call.

Jojo Mellow

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 15 Hacker

Ooh, I wonder what this bumon does... Uh-oh.

FAIL Posted:

seconded

Rage_****

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I AM SURPRISED THAT THIS WEBSITE IS STILL AROUND

Well, either Tubsweetie is not worth a demod for such a simple incident (well, it was a major flaw, but he is a great mod), and also, hand0fgod just pranked tubs. I vote for h0g Tempban , and for the collection of funds for a Hitchhiker’s Guide For The Internet copy for Tubs, so he gets better pbumword ideas.

PS: I’m not trolling. I’m just trying to get a flick of humor in here.

Bauzer

Avatar: 14338 Sat Jan 03 15:31:28 -0500 2009

Level 36 Emo Kid

Moderators are targeted as marks the day they get their “badge.”

MC Banhammer pbumed the “MOD test” last year, Timmeh got mocked daily, JB was heavily slandered in last years contest, etc. The day that TUBS became a MOD, even his old klan eventually turned on him. why? because he became the person to defeat to earn “stripes” in the eyes of the community. As much as TUBS wanted to be both the “friend” and the “MOD” the MOD stuff comes first and everybody else knows that too. Thats why lulz was had in the eyes of HoG and his peers and thats why this type of thing goes on all over the internet everywhere all the time forever.

Thats just how it is.

ZeeBest

[ZeeBests Klan of F-
ail
]

Level 21 Emo Kid

“Moan-a Lisa”

I may not pay attention to most of the content that the users post in Flamebait[seeing as I mostly go into RP forums], but I find this as a serious act. Say this;

You get moderator and get hacked. You’d be ****ed too, wouldn’t you? I’m not taking sides here, I’m just saying it was a real legit reason for banning. Although I do agree permban is a bit harsh, long temp ban would be enough to suffice. And TUBS, for one, should have made it’s pbumword harder to guess at, or even change it every so often. If he/she does, then thats good. Although I do see this as something that I’d be in the middle about.

FAIL

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

bump. Is CZ talking about this currently or is this a done deal or what?

Jojo Mellow

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 15 Hacker

Ooh, I wonder what this bumon does... Uh-oh.

FAIL Posted:

bump. Is CZ talking about this currently or is this a done deal or what?

I dunno, but if it’s a done deal, then I predict a riot. There’s too many people who like handofg0d to let his ban remain permanent.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!