Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Veer Posted:

1. still you have to admit that forcing the player to do really terrible things removes any “free will.” like the o’reilly missions.

2. you can get both those e-peen if you go neutral. not to mention that you can get neither or them if you don’t know what to choose ahead of time.

3. honestly i’ve stopped playing with my alts because they were underleveled when episode 2 rolled out. not to mention that the “challenge” clbum is just more grinding. people who beat episode 2 quickly were leveled up already and idk they planned or something point is it’s not a hard game that requires a lot of skill

1. This is a complicated point to address in games, period. There are games on rails were you can’t make any decisions. There are others that are open ended and allow you to do whatever the hell you want. Both are valid strategies, I think, and two of my favorite games (God of War and Oblivion) are good examples of this.

In God of War, you have to murder a person you’ve never met in a brutal and violent way to continue with the story. In Oblivion, you can do whatever the hell you want, but you end up with much weaker narrative.

Our core storyline (we call it the Mythology) is much more linear than Oblivion, and that was done intentionally. One major reason for this is that we have a limited team. If we had to write separate game paths for every decision in the game you could make it would kill us. It’s basically double the work for any choice the player can make, right?

Secondly, and this will come out more in Episode 3, we have a central storyline we wanted to tell. Things that happen in the final episode don’t make sense withough pre-requisites in earlier episodes.

2. I thought I addressed this? Every game with moral choices has this issue. Also, E-Peen™ come in many different shapes and sizes. Nobody is entitled to any E-Peen™ for any reason. Some are easy, others aren’t. I was arguing earlier that the LOLCat had an evil twin, but I’d never say that every E-Peen™ has some kind of karmatic balance.

Tesfan Posted:

i’ve also done this

e: this really feels like the current design philosophy, correct me if i’m wrong

Hint: BINGEBOT 2015 was joking.

Also, ouch!

Obviously we want the game to be as fun and interesting as possible. It sucks that you think we’re only interested in adding grind.

If you look at Scullyangel’s thread where she summarized how much we’ve added over the last year, I think you’ll see we are committed to constantly improving the game.

I’m not going to convince you the game is good if you don’t like it. If you don’t like the game, it doesn’t offend me. What DOES offend me is the suggestion that our design philosophy is lazy and we think you’d all be happy with more grinding.

I’m probably taking your **** slinging too seriously now, but a lot of people are working insanely hard on this game, dude. It’s really easy to throw out criticism, it’s much harder to build a solid game. I’m not saying that the amount of work we put into this makes the game objectively good and you should like it, just that I promise you that nobody wants the game to suck and we’re trying our best to always make it better.

Evil Trout edited this message on 11/03/2008 9:55PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!