Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing

Viewing a Post

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Yeah, posting in whiny ****es, because I feel like one right now.

We have a problem with klan vanilla, we all know it. Truth is no matter how often it is repeated, no one seems to get that klan size means diddly at this point. Total available visits is all that matters. Not to be a jackbum, but male reproductive organbum, myself and either Grinning Man, Ricket or Spot, could come really close to matching the Ep. 2 klan scoop totals. 6 – 10 players is our normal raid size. The klans aren’t the problem, the klan vanilla mechanic is the problem. There are a ton of good suggestions for helping with the klan vanilla problem in this thread. Most of them won’t do a damn thing since every person in a klan also happens to be a solo player. As long as there is an option to receive scoops when your visits are gone, it is going to remain a serious advantage.

Domination as a game, doesn’t even feel like a game anymore, it’s just a matter of which side had more visits available this week. It used to be a form of PvP, now it’s an arrangement based on who will be tying for what in which bracket. It’s sad. Purely a collectors game, not at all PvP.

Truth is I’m very frustrated by the free for all nature of a lot of ForumWarz, but I’m most frustrated with the extremely negative focus on Domination when there isn’t a single aspect of the game that doesn’t suffer the same “gang” problems. The focus is shifted almost exclusively to Domination because collectible rewards are attached to it. It’s part of why I was hoping some of the non-active posters would chime in with opinions. I just don’t think the majority of the players bother with Flamebate, so we are never going to hear from them.

My personal opinion? The implication that certain players should be the police for any segment of the game is ridiculous. The suggestion to break up klans to keep things more balanced – are you joking? If Ep. 2 and Brainfreeze broke up today, new klans would take their place. Maybe the players who constantly play INCIT should stop and let others have a turn. Same with Forumbuildr – if a player managed to start winning early, they currently have a crazy advantage. How can a new player ever hope to compete? As for Flamebate, all the regulars who hound out 90% of new posters? Well, they need to just break up their klans – stop coming out to defend each other like the wolf packs they are. But then no one needs to do that right now, since 50% of the threads are geared toward *gasp of horror* getting an e-peen. The other 50% of the threads? Mainly about how everyone is a **** poster and there is nothing worth anything on the forums. Did I get everything? Oh, no, everyone sitting on top of a leader board should stop playing to give others a chance.

I’m not being serious about those suggestions. They are silly, just as silly as telling players not to play using the game mechanics endorsed by the game creators. All of these things are the same problems, and the problems aren’t actually the players, although certainly the players and a gaming nature contribute greatly. The problems are the mechanics of the individual areas of the game. They are all open to exploit in one way or another, and because there are no non-competitive areas at all, there will always be serious ****ing and angst.

The Domination players are regularly skewered and yet they seem to be the players most willing to offer suggestions for how to fix things. What no one seems to be grasping is that none of it matters, since any fix for anything is going to be back burnered. CZ is focused on Episode 2 for a damn good reason – they need more bodies. All you have to do to see that the active player base has declined is look at the Domination brackets, look at Flamebate. There used to be more bodies. Current player base word of mouth will get you so far, but a major expansion will do more overall good. So shut the **** up, and live with it all or take a break until Ep. 2 hits.

scully

Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!