Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll Klan Vanilla Suggestions Thread

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

Yes, solo players are currently unable to compete with klan vanilla. While I’m tempted to say “if you want vanilla, join a klan”, I know that’s not in the best interest of the game as a whole. Post your ideas here.

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

If you want vanilla join a klan.

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

here’s a quick list of ideas – keep in mind I’ve been up all night. again.

1. diminishing returns during raids

perhaps couple this with:

2. cooldown time for raids, or perhaps a limit of one a day.

i’m also going to bring back the whole idea of a card limit, which i think would really mitigate a lot of the problems with domination in general.

BirdofPrey edited this message on 06/19/2008 6:47AM

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I would like to see what this week brings. Two of the biggest complaints over the entire course of vanilla arguing have been underpowered solo vanilla and the impossibility to work through those last minute Shields. The elimination of The Shield is far more interesting than the bump in solo vanilla. The Shield makes certain methods of game play damn near impossible to overcome.

Things I would like to see tried out? I’ve mentioned most before, but I do like the idea of a pure suggestion thread as opposed to a comments/complaints/suggestions/questions all in one, so here they are again:

– A limit on the number of times any given character can join a raid in a week. I would suggest 2 raids as a trial number (this would allow those who wanted to to use 12 visits at two different raids and leave a few to either save for next week or solo run.) A limit on joining would bring things more in line with the idea behind the original vanilla nerf by preventing characters without visits from getting tons of scoops. (And no, an option requiring a character have visits in order to join wouldn’t work – everyone would just leave one visit sitting there, so they could rejoin.)

– A more severe restriction would be to award klan scoops only to those who control one of the 12 forums. This would be really a pretty mean restriction on the larger klans, but one that could be managed. It might be too strong a condition, since it would definitely be the scenario most open to player hate.

– Introduction of more Domination cards. There are some awesome ideas in the Domination card suggestion thread – I’d love to see 6 – 10 new cards come into the pool. Cards are generally not a good deal unless they guarantee a return on your investment. Currently The Shield is the best investment as it will always save you scoops – exactly when you want it to. Turning in 4 scoops for a Modest Improvement isn’t sound math, but it is safety. You may have half the scoops, but no one can get them until you decide. If the odds of getting those two cards are dramatically decreased things become far shakier.

– Change the way The Shield works to force auto-equip. Once you put it up, they are all up with no option to take them down. Put them up early – they could all be destroyed leaving you wide open. Don’t put them up until late – you are vulnerable during any active raiding when you don’t have time to card down between klan pwnings.

– A hard cap on the number of characters one player can have in Domination in any given week. This hasn’t been talked about in awhile, and we all know the alts in the same bracket isn’t supposed to happen, but it still does. It’s one thing for klan members to work in support of each other, it’s quite another to be able to run 2 characters personally in order to achieve maximum results. In the current round there are alts of the same players in several brackets. I had alts in the same bracket last week. Sometimes it just falls that way when you have alts with similar medal counts. So say any player can have 4 characters in Domination in a given week. Unless they are all making Forumbuildr submissions, it is very easy to determine exactly which character earns a scoop first, so it wouldn’t be a problem with not getting your main in or whatever. The other thing this would help is reducing the excess klan vanilla.

scully edited this message on 06/19/2008 9:13AM

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

scullyangel Posted:

– A limit on the number of times any given character can join a raid in a week. I would suggest 2 raids as a trial number (this would allow those who wanted to to use 12 visits at two different raids and leave a few to either save for next week or solo run.) A limit on joining would bring things more in line with the idea behind the original vanilla nerf by preventing characters without visits from getting tons of scoops. (And no, an option requiring a character have visits in order to join wouldn’t work – everyone would just leave one visit sitting there, so they could rejoin.)

I’m not wholly opposed to this, but if we’re going to make it happen, I’m going to lobby hard for increasing the amount of time on the raid timer. When there were fewer forums, turnover was faster and you could actually burn through 12 visits in two hours or less. Even when we only have 5 people raiding, it’s still damn near impossible for everyone to burn through their 12 visits in two hours. I’d like to see a 4 hour timer… that should give a decent amount of time for people to burn through their visits for the most part.

scullyangel Posted:

– A more severe restriction would be to award klan scoops only to those who control one of the 12 forums. This would be really a pretty mean restriction on the larger klans, but one that could be managed. It might be too strong a condition, since it would definitely be the scenario most open to player hate.

In theory, I like this idea. The one major drawback I see is that it’s skewed in favor of people who can actually pwn and hold the “anchor” forums. Granted, there aren’t many low level people participating in raid very much anymore, but the ones that do are going to get screwed just taking the lower level forums that keep the turnover going.

scullyangel Posted:

– Introduction of more Domination cards. There are some awesome ideas in the Domination card suggestion thread – I’d love to see 6 – 10 new cards come into the pool. Cards are generally not a good deal unless they guarantee a return on your investment. Currently The Shield is the best investment as it will always save you scoops – exactly when you want it to. Turning in 4 scoops for a Modest Improvement isn’t sound math, but it is safety. You may have half the scoops, but no one can get them until you decide. If the odds of getting those two cards are dramatically decreased things become far shakier.

– Change the way The Shield works to force auto-equip. Once you put it up, they are all up with no option to take them down. Put them up early – they could all be destroyed leaving you wide open. Don’t put them up until late – you are vulnerable during any active raiding when you don’t have time to card down between klan pwnings.

Please? I love that the moddies/shields strategy has worked so well, but it’d be nice to shake things up a little. And there actually HAVE been times when I’ve wanted to unequip a shield… that would be nice if we could.

scullyangel Posted:

– A hard cap on the number of characters one player can have in Domination in any given week. This hasn’t been talked about in awhile, and we all know the alts in the same bracket isn’t supposed to happen, but it still does. It’s one thing for klan members to work in support of each other, it’s quite another to be able to run 2 characters personally in order to achieve maximum results. In the current round there are alts of the same players in several brackets. I had alts in the same bracket last week. Sometimes it just falls that way when you have alts with similar medal counts. So say any player can have 4 characters in Domination in a given week. Unless they are all making Forumbuildr submissions, it is very easy to determine exactly which character earns a scoop first, so it wouldn’t be a problem with not getting your main in or whatever. The other thing this would help is reducing the excess klan vanilla.

I’d much rather see the seeding algorithm get fixed so alts can’t be in the same domination team. I (and a lot of others) actively play dom on multiple characters. *I* focus on the main and let the alts win if they can survive a barrage in the last hour or so, but I love playing different strategies with different chars. Hell, half the time the alt plays just to have fun throwing cards at other people. (Come on guys… admit it… you love it every time you play an bumhole card on someone!)

Overspammer

Level 7 Emo Kid

“Scene Kid”

WEEP this thread is WORTHLESS WEEP

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Overspammer Posted:

In what way? Keeping in mind this is a non-RP forum.

Adolf Hilton

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Overspammer Posted:

Trolling/RP in serious boards, ban him.

I’d agree with a card limit of, say, 50 cards or so.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

I’d rather the shield card be eliminated, honestly.

Though the shield card does give the peeping tom card a purpose.

Oh, and I’m opposed to any sort of limitations on raiding. If there’s a set max amount of scoops you can get (like with antifreeze) then domination would become boring without the drive to try out new strategies to maximize your scoop return.

nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS edited this message on 06/19/2008 2:13PM

Invariel

Avatar: 14446 Thu Oct 23 18:38:00 -0400 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 36 Camwhore

I Wrote a Script and You Liked It

I say again that I think the Shield should, when activated, only work against one type of card. So you can block against bumholes, thieves, shotguns or destroyers, for each shield you have, keeping you vulnerable to the other three types of card.

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Invariel Posted:

I say again that I think the Shield should, when activated, only work against one type of card. So you can block against bumholes, thieves, shotguns or destroyers, for each shield you have, keeping you vulnerable to the other three types of card.

Pointless. If you have a shield, you’ll inevitably be having more than 3. It’d diminish its usefulness somewhat but in the long run it won’t do much of anything at all.

Invariel

[Brainfreeze]

Level 36 Camwhore

Then it takes you four cards (sixteen scoops) instead of just one, with the side bonus that you might only be able to have one shield up at a time.

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Still pretty broken, perhaps to such an extent that you might as well not include shields at all. If you break a destroyer shield with a destroyer, but you have an bumhole and a thief shield set to auto-equip, which would would be equipped? What if you wanted the bumhole shield equipped but the thief shield is equipped instead? You can’t do anything about it because you can’t unequip.

Plus, people could just mbum scoops and buy tons of bumhole-proof shields. It’d take ages to destroy their scoops.

Invariel

[Brainfreeze]

Level 36 Camwhore

Shields, as they are, are already pretty broken.

Any reasonable discourse about how to un-break them is a good idea, isn’t it?

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Limit the number of raids you can join to 2 and increase the potential duration to 4 hrs on each. That way medium sized raids are still possible. Large raids would basically require either people raid during active game times to achieve better forum rollover or use unklanned alts to force forums to rollover on demand.

Keep the solo vanilla reward high (3 is probably a safe number but 5 might be fairly optimal) so that klanned alts serious have to consider unklanned players as a potential threat.

Limit the effectiveness of shields. It’s obvious that until they are nerfed domination is basically about ambuming the largest pile of shields and modests and deploying them in the last minutes of the round. Either make a card that randomly attacks another person’s card pile (thereby enabling people to whittle away at the leader’s card stack during the week). Under a system where we can attack another person’s cardpile there will be a group effort to keep the card leaders within striking distance.

Another option would be to limit the effectiveness of shields to just bumhole cards. Under this system you’d still see people make late rushes with modests but the current strategy of trying to ninja min scoops would be vulnerable to late counterattacks by your competitors.

I suspect a shield that we can declare as a shield vs bumholes or a shield vs shotguns, etc might be a bit hard to code thus I suspect we’d likely see flavored shields instead each of which would only protect against one type of attack. This would force people to evaluate the likelihood of each type of attack. Do you think you will be going for mins then load up with shotgun and destroyer shields. Are you going for max scoops then stock up on bumhole shields.

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Invariel Posted:

Shields, as they are, are already pretty broken.

Any reasonable discourse about how to un-break them is a good idea, isn’t it?

Not if the suggestions break them further, no.

Tarman

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Troll

I AM IN NEED OF A GOOD DOUCHING SINCE I HAVE SAND IN MY VAG!!!!!

I want to see how this week goes first.

Tarman edited this message on 06/19/2008 3:02PM

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

well our members that want to solo are getting around 40 more scoops a raid than they were during normal weeks, so I’d say this isn’t necessarily the ‘fix’ it does make soloers feel like they are earning some serious scoops though.

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

Pickled male reproductive organbum Posted:

well our members that want to solo are getting around 40 more scoops a raid than they were during normal weeks, so I’d say this isn’t necessarily the ‘fix’ it does make soloers feel like they are earning some serious scoops though.

make it so when you’re in a raid you can’t get solo scoops

I’M A GENIUS

Tarman

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Troll

I AM IN NEED OF A GOOD DOUCHING SINCE I HAVE SAND IN MY VAG!!!!!

Pickled male reproductive organbum Posted:

To be perfectly honest, it’s still much better for solo players. Consider:

-Scenario A-

Casual player has 15 cards.

Raider has 50 cards.

-Scenario B-

Casual player has 40 cards.

Raider has 75 cards.

(Numbers made up for the purpose of illustration only.)

I feel like Scenario B is much better for the casual player. The ground is much more even.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!