Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 3 Leaderboards need a revamp.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Damn Re-Re’s gettin on my grbum!

But seriously, Re-Res should not get Epeen. Or anything else. Any time you think about giving something special to Re-Res, or even something another clbum has, change your mind. I personally think the CUTE ANIMALZ was a bad idea, they shouldn’t get those until they become a permanoob.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Well if you’re the ‘best’ re-re, that’s still an achievement. We’re playing a game, so achievements should be rewarded, including stupid rewards for doing stupid things (like choosing the re-re track)

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

I kind of like how there will soon be a differentiation between the cred and flezz boards: I don’t see this as a problem at all. Ep2 will drastically change the cred/flezz boards anyway so I don’t see the urgency in finding weird, counter-intuitive “solutions” to “problems” that only effect a VERY small portion of the userbase. And I don’t see trolls hogging the cred board anyway, it takes a ****load of time to stay on top and not get pistachios/consecutive E-Peen.

Pluvius

Avatar: 10089 2010-01-24 16:29:03 -0500

[ClansRGay]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

You know, I wasn’t going to grind Faux News until I read this thread, but that made me take a look at the situation. Domination isn’t going to be playable for me any time soon and I can get the 40-forum E-Peen whenever I want, so I might as well take advantage of the situation and get the Cred E-Peen out of the way.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

SG94 Posted:

I kind of like how there will soon be a differentiation between the cred and flezz boards: I don’t see this as a problem at all. Ep2 will drastically change the cred/flezz boards anyway so I don’t see the urgency in finding weird, counter-intuitive “solutions” to “problems” that only effect a VERY small portion of the userbase. And I don’t see trolls hogging the cred board anyway, it takes a ****load of time to stay on top and not get pistachios/consecutive E-Peen.

You’re well aware you’ve played an active part in restricting the portion of the userbase who can actually achieve these peens to such a small number yourself (well it was always going to be a somewhat exclusive club, but still… ) So my suggestion about having a seperate leaderboard for players who have topped the main one, was simply about preventing obsessives from dominating proceedings, and providing more players with goals to work towards. After you’ve finished the main campaign, more goals to work towards are an important part of maintaining peoples interest…

My other half formed forum suggestion was meant to illustrate the idea that choices should have real consequences, both positive and negative. So yes, there’s a choice not to go for consecutive peen, but that just occupies a player 1 week in 4 (or less if you don’t go for each peen as soon as it arrives) What about the other 3 weeks, when you’re free to grind? Also we know pistachio is practically meaningless until there’s a fix for vanilla.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 07/21/2008 3:41PM

Tarman

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Troll

I AM IN NEED OF A GOOD DOUCHING SINCE I HAVE SAND IN MY VAG!!!!!

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

You’re well aware you’ve played an active part in restricting the portion of the userbase who can actually achieve these peens to such a small number yourself (well it was always going to be a somewhat exclusive club, but still… ) So my suggestion about having a seperate leaderboard for players who have topped the main one, was simply about preventing obsessives from dominating proceedings, and providing more players with goals to work towards. After you’ve finished the main campaign, more goals to work towards are an important part of maintaining peoples interest…

And yet, the easier something is to get, the less value it has as a goal. And by taking people off the original leaderboard, you’re taking a goal away from them. What’s the point of competing if you’ve already won?

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Tarman Posted:

And yet, the easier something is to get, the less value it has as a goal. And by taking people off the original leaderboard, you’re taking a goal away from them. What’s the point of competing if you’ve already won?

Well it’s always going to be a balance between too easy and too difficult. Right now it’s too difficult. It’s the distinction between a goal which is satisfyingly difficult (you’re pleased with your achievement) and one which is frustratingly difficult (you’re glad it’s over) Or one that’s just impossible.

Once you’ve achieved your goal (and acquired the peen or whatever) then surely it’s time to focus on another goal. If there isn’t one (the player has done all there is to do) then it’s up to the game designer to provide one, or lose a customer.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 07/21/2008 4:01PM

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

They need a revamp

Besides being vuron I also grind xXx-Fallen_Angel-xXx so effectively I’ve done twice the grinding that anyone else has done in the game but chances are that I’m going to be unable to top either the credit or flezz leaderboard with either character.

The ease that trolls can grind faux has made a mockery out of an already bad situation. Between SG94’s relentless grinding and the certainty that several trolls will use the broken nature of the defaced mona lisa to pbum me this game has become a ****ing chore and honestly I don’t like playing games that are chores.

I’m going to try to get the credit peen on vuron but I know that it’s a lost cause on fallen-angel at this point. If I fail then cie la vie but honestly between the obviously broken nature of domination and the unbalanced clbumes I’m beginning to lose hope that the game will get fixed any time soon. Sure I can hold out hope for the mythical episode 2 but honestly why should I have to wait for the system to get fixed while people take advantage of bugs in the meantime?

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

FWIW, as soon as/if I get the cred peen I’m intending to grind Denture Chat for a few weeks, so I won’t be in your way.

Game balance issues aren’t the same as bugs. The onus is still on CZ to fix them though.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 07/22/2008 11:36AM

Vuron

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

FWIW, as soon as/if I get the cred peen I’m intending to grind Denture Chat for a few weeks, so I won’t be in your way.

Game balance issues aren’t the same as bugs. The onus is still on CZ to fix them though.

True the game balance issues related the DML are problematic but they are largely fueled by the obvious bug of streaking. Yes many of the same effects can be achieved via using minrepair but right now streaking enables trolls to not only grind the highest credit value forums in the game with relative impunity but they can also get 3 scoops doing so. In comparison in order to do that with my emo I need over 400+ smileprin which requires intense deficit spending.

If the mechanisms behind DML abuse could be fixed by eliminating streaking and limiting minrepair then one clbum wouldn’t have a mbumive advantage in terms of topping the credit board.

Yes Camwhores and Emos were stronger than trolls prior to DML but DML equipped trolls blow everything else out of the water to where there is no real challenge for them. That balance issue needs to be addressed. If I was confident that episode 2 would come out within the next couple of weeks I’d grin and bear it but realistically I believe we are still months away from that and I honestly dislike that all of my hardwork is going to go for naught because CZ refuses to address some game balance issues in meantime…

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

I don’t know what the DML does to your attacks, but my EK character usually hits above 100.

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

Can’t they make it so the cred/forums pwned etc. number the person actually tops the leaderboard with is the ‘record holder’ for leaderboard purposes and not everything they acgreat timesulate after that? Because that is where the disadvantage to new players and such comes in.

I’m not even sure I wrote that in a way that made sense… Log in to see images!

I will say the DML/grinding high cred forums does come in handy for new players like me whose only chance at advancing is basically tediously grinding high cred forums every day (while the leaders grind them too anyway ).

elenaratelimit edited this message on 07/22/2008 12:52PM

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

elenaratelimit Posted:

Can’t they make it so the cred/forums pwned etc. number the person actually tops the leaderboard with is the ‘record holder’ for leaderboard purposes and not everything they acgreat timesulate after that? Because that is where the disadvantage to new players and such comes in.

I’m not even sure I wrote that in a way that made sense… Log in to see images!

I will say the DML/grinding high cred forums does come in handy for new players like me whose only chance at advancing is basically tediously grinding high cred forums every day (while the leaders grind them too anyway ).

Personally I like that. It’s a good reason to not feel obligated to grind hard forums every single day.

Pluvius

[ClansRGay]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

I’d just like to note that unless you’re cheating, there’s no way you could do better than two or three days of grinding Faux News for every week or so of grinding PrayPal with a DML-equipped Troll.

Relatedly, I should have an update to my Troll guide up in the next few days.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Repairing Mona Lisa to full each time? If items have to be 100% repaired to be useable, that’s going to hit more than just trolls. Also, grinding Praypal without a DML = horrible (well almost as horrible as grinding Faux, but not quite)

Vuron

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Repairing Mona Lisa to full each time? If items have to be 100% repaired to be useable, that’s going to hit more than just trolls. Also, grinding Praypal without a DML = horrible (well almost as horrible as grinding Faux, but not quite)

I’ve been grinding pray20 with my camwhore and emo everyday for months. Yeah it sucks having to wait for it to get to 20 threads and then try to pwn it as much as possible.

I’ve suggested that rather than an hit to ego for using broken items that broken items are automatically unequipped even in battle. That way you can’t use streaking or min repair to endlessly grind forums without ever having to repair your equipment. Further that makes the upkeep stat somewhat useful to actually purchase once more.

Of course in order to do this you’d need to be able to equip alternate equipment while in battle (which is something I’d like anyway as there have been countless times I’ve forgotten to unequip my chinese tattoo or piltons prior to doing my first run of the day.

Basically under this system streaking would be fixed and min repair would still be somewhat useful (you’d likely get at least a handful of shots in prior to your item being broken. While that might not matter much for faux I think it’s highly dubious that one clbum can do faux with 1/8 to 1/10th the resources the other 2 major clbumes can.

Pluvius

[ClansRGay]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Also, grinding Praypal without a DML = horrible (well almost as horrible as grinding Faux, but not quite)

Takes me a half-hour a day on average. The annoying part is waiting for twenty threads to pop up.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I really think comparing grinding between clbumes is pretty pointless at this stage of the game, and comparing what a DML troll can do to anything else is ridiculous.

PrayPal @ 20 avg. time for my camwhore – 160s, for my emo – 170s (should be faster, but I suck at playing emo), for my troll – 170s, for troll now that he has DML – 105s.

Faux News for my cam – fastest I ever got was 1367s, for DLM troll – 560s.

Just from the perspective of time commitment alone, the DML troll is in a league of it’s own, not to mention no other clbum can run something like Faux indefinitely.

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

Ok, I know that I’m a complete noob and have only been playing this game for a couple of weeks, but why not just give the other two clbumes their own ridiculously expensive and overpowered pieces of equipment?

Wouldn’t that balance out the clbumes?

(I didn’t really read the whole thread, so if someone else already said this sorry)

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Lord Shplane Posted:

Ok, I know that I’m a complete noob and have only been playing this game for a couple of weeks, but why not just give the other two clbumes their own ridiculously expensive and overpowered pieces of equipment?

Wouldn’t that balance out the clbumes?

(I didn’t really read the whole thread, so if someone else already said this sorry)

Nothing wrong with being new. Log in to see images! Generally, the troll clbum is severely underpowered until the day it gets the DML and then it becomes a sort of juggernaut of death. Prior to Wiccapedia and PrayPal it was pretty near impossible for a non-cheater troll to get the DML, so it wasn’t really a problem.

Honestly, I’m betting that Ep. 2 will brings things into a much better balance, players are just concerned about how this little chunk of time between now and then will impact players who have devoted months to a goal that is suddenly going to be slammed out of reach.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!