Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Gay Raiding Klan v. Non-Raiding Klan v. Klanless scoop/card gap

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

While it may not be as big as in the heyday of the Sisterhood and the Flamers, it’s still pretty tremendous to such an extent that the latter two clbumes of users are almost powerless to compete against the raiders. In the short run when they’re mixed in the lower brackets, and in the long run when they get seperated by medals, they’ll always have the advantage in Domination. Inherently, we shouldn’t divide groups by medals, but cut to the source of the problem and divide the groups based on medals AND klan raiding. If your klan went on 3 raids last week, you will naturally be placed higher, and THEN you are further divided by medal count.

This can be exploited by constant klan deletion and reformation, but to prevent that, a raid counter should stick to the player itself, even though it is activated by klan as a whole.

Questions? Concerns? Comments?

The Grinning-
Man

[Good Omens]

Level 37 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

This creates a needlessly complex subsystem on top of an already bulky seeding mechanism. Everyone seems willing to acknowledge that klan vanilla is the destabilizing factor. It seems that rather than create a wierd seeding mechanism where raiders only fight raiders you would just come up with some solution to klan vanilla issues. If klan vanilla is fixed then non-raiding klans and solo players are much more competitive.

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I sincerely doubt it will be fixed soon. How much weaker could it get without eliminating it completely?

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

If people bother to use up time to organize and go raiding, I don’t see why they shouldn’t have a bigger advantage… it’s domination, not everyone is a winner… life sucks and then you die.

Also a klan that has some members who casually raid a few times a week is still nowhere near in the same league scoops/cards wise as the top raiding klans are so it could discourage a lot of klans from raiding at all to not end up in such brackets.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

TeeKayEff Posted:

While it may not be as big as in the heyday of the Sisterhood and the Flamers, it’s still pretty tremendous to such an extent that the latter two clbumes of users are almost powerless to compete against the raiders. In the short run when they’re mixed in the lower brackets, and in the long run when they get seperated by medals, they’ll always have the advantage in Domination. Inherently, we shouldn’t divide groups by medals, but cut to the source of the problem and divide the groups based on medals AND klan raiding. If your klan went on 3 raids last week, you will naturally be placed higher, and THEN you are further divided by medal count.

This can be exploited by constant klan deletion and reformation, but to prevent that, a raid counter should stick to the player itself, even though it is activated by klan as a whole.

Questions? Concerns? Comments?

So… when I miss my klan’s raid(s) for the week do I go back to being seeded with non-raiding players? That’s hardly fair to them to have to compete with klan vanillas just because some klanned player wasn’t able to make any raids the previous week.

Beyond that, it’s going to mean that brainfreeze competes with brainfreeze and ep2beta competes with ep2beta for the most part. All that’s gonna do is make it so we switch off who participates in which ties so we can all continue to climb the leaderboard. At least the way it is now, we have two klans having some awesome card wars with each other. (hopefully more as more people come into raiding)

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Well, I got my medals without a single vanilla scoop and only four gambled antifreeze last time I was active in domination (I never had enough   for blackjack). In my experience I was always able to compete for Fave Flava and sometimes even Total Scoops except in the top bracket and in the giant bracket in the first week of this season but having only a fistful of cards is a big disadvantage.

I have no problem with raiding klans having an advantage, the problem is that the edge over nonraiders is much to big. You should get scoops for different achievements and klan cooperation is something that should be rewarded but it also should be possible to compensate for that. Last week I got whopping 15 chocolates for my Forumbuildr submissions and considering that both my logo and my style got chosen that isn’t much (and the votes for Forumbuildr are dropping further).

Some thoughts:

– you shouldn’t get more vanillas for 12 visits than you can get lemons (=36, maybe 50), so that a raid is only worth it if you can get some lemons and pistachios on the way. That would make a raid more difficult to organise but also more interesting, I guess.

– Fortunately antifreeze is kinda fixed now but I still don’t get it why it is possible to get scoops for gambling. Gambling isn’t fun (some addicts may disagree), you don’t need skills to do it and you don’t even do it with others. There should be a better way to get antifreeze.

Amasius Posted:

– Fortunately antifreeze is kinda fixed now but I still don’t get it why it is possible to get scoops for gambling. Gambling isn’t fun (some addicts may disagree), you don’t need skills to do it and you don’t even do it with others. There should be a better way to get antifreeze.

This is something I agree with completely.

Gambling for me, isn’t fun at all. It’s just another boring grind. And if I really wanted to play blackjack, there are much better blackjack sites all over the internet for it.

Heck I LOVE to play poker, but even if there was a poker option for gamblebot, I would still rather find a good poker site on the internet then play it here.

Amasius

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Oh, and I like the way the brackets are organised now, I want to be in a bracket with vanilla raiders. It’s much more fun to pinch a single medal in one of the top brackets from the raiders than winning four in a beginners bracket.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Amasius Posted:

- Fortunately antifreeze is kinda fixed now but I still don’t get it why it is possible to get scoops for gambling. Gambling isn’t fun (some addicts may disagree), you don’t need skills to do it and you don’t even do it with others. There should be a better way to get antifreeze.

You guys all get that antifreeze is the “self harm” scoop, right? There is another way to get antifreeze – kill yourself in battle twice for one scoop. It’s a waste of visits that could be used to get lemon, pistachio or vanilla, but you can do it.

Anyway, the whole point of using gambling for those scoops (the way I see it) is that it’s not *supposed* to be fun. But it really doesn’t take much to get those scoops (unless you hit a MEAN losing streak – which does happen, just thankfully not super often). It takes less than 5 minutes to get those scoops then you don’t have to touch the stinking cheater bot for another day. If you don’t want to put the 5 minutes in, don’t… but it’s a logical way (given the point of the scoop) to get those extra few scoops per day.

Amasius

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

spacekadt Posted:

You guys all get that antifreeze is the “self harm” scoop, right? There is another way to get antifreeze – kill yourself in battle twice for one scoop. It’s a waste of visits that could be used to get lemon, pistachio or vanilla, but you can do it.

Anyway, the whole point of using gambling for those scoops (the way I see it) is that it’s not *supposed* to be fun. But it really doesn’t take much to get those scoops (unless you hit a MEAN losing streak – which does happen, just thankfully not super often). It takes less than 5 minutes to get those scoops then you don’t have to touch the stinking cheater bot for another day. If you don’t want to put the 5 minutes in, don’t… but it’s a logical way (given the point of the scoop) to get those extra few scoops per day.

Well, it would make sense if Gamble-Bot really would cheat and you would lose a lot of   just to get your daily antifreeze. That would be a decent Flezz sink that Forumwarz lacks now. Gambling should hurt. Log in to see images!

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

Just add in bumhole-type card destruction so casuals can at least strike back at Raiders. Really.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

if any card destruction existed, it would be pointless to buy cards. the risk vs reward of having a card would be too high. It’d be like having shields out all round.

unless you wanted to blast other people. then you might buy cards, but in that case the only cards you are destroying are other peoples destruction cards.

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

spacekadt Posted:

So… when I miss my klan’s raid(s) for the week do I go back to being seeded with non-raiding players? That’s hardly fair to them to have to compete with klan vanillas just because some klanned player wasn’t able to make any raids the previous week.

The number of raids don’t reset every week, they stack.

Veer

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

Pickled male reproductive organbum Posted:

if any card destruction existed, it would be pointless to buy cards. the risk vs reward of having a card would be too high. It’d be like having shields out all round.

unless you wanted to blast other people. then you might buy cards, but in that case the only cards you are destroying are other peoples destruction cards.

then don’t buy cards and get blasted by bumholes.

YOUR CHOICE

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

TeeKayEff Posted:

I sincerely doubt it will be fixed soon. How much weaker could it get without eliminating it completely?

Well, let’s consider just a few of the options that have been suggested….

1) Increase # of forums that need to be controlled, greatly increasing the coordination required due to faster turnover.
2) Make it so only a person who is currently dominating a forum can receive the klan vanilla. (Scullyangel's suggestion)
2b) Make it so only the people who captured a forum within 5 minutes of the 12th forum being captured earn a scoop.
3) Limit the number of people in a raid / number of raids per week. (I forget whose suggestion.)

I strongly agree with option 2. Options 1 and 3 could be implemented as well. At any rate, there are certainly plenty of ways it could be made weaker without being eliminated. The problem we’re seeing is, either CZ doesn’t give a ****, or CZ is diligently working on a solution that will fix it once and for all, leaving these next few weeks to be utter hell.

Honestly, if it’s the latter, then they ought to just remove klan vanilla temporarily or disable domination completely. There can be no question that domination is imbalanced right now. It’s actually gotten to be just as bad as it was in the days of the Sisterhood, despite raiders earning one third as many scoops per capture.

Edit: But just in case there is a question, http://www.forumwarz.com/domination/show_team/2

Or maybe the problem is just that CZ isn’t experienced enough with domination. I’m not sure they have any members who really play it that much.

Amasius Posted:

- I still don’t get it why it is possible to get scoops for gambling. Gambling isn’t fun (some addicts may disagree), you don’t need skills to do it and you don’t even do it with others.

And how does speedrunning denture chat (press 2, 2, 1, 1, 2, 2, 1, 1, 2, 2, 1, 1) embody skill, or fun, or being done with others? Well, fun is subjective. I believe that nothing in games really requires skill, at least for a long period of time. And I don’t mean just Forumwarz – think about World of Warcraft (PvE, possibly PvP), or Monopoly, or Chutes and Ladders. There’s a point where everything at its creation requires skill, but once people work out the ideal way to do things it’s just repetition, and there is no skill aspect to it. (Although there is an aspect of skill in Forumwarz to the extent that people haven’t worked out the ideal strategy, but it’s constantly decreasing.)

Now, being done with others, there’s some merit to that. But let me be just say this bluntly: I don’t spend 15 hours a day on the computer (that’s an exaggeration, just fyi) because I enjoy socializing for 10 hours a day. In sharp contrast, however, I do very much enjoy competing with other people. Now that’s just me, of course, but I find myself inclined to believe that most people of the people who are playing domination competitively feel, if not the same way, then similarly.

Arktor edited this message on 06/30/2008 2:14PM

windandwater

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

As someone who isn’t in a Klan but still tries to play Domination, I agree that things are wildly imbalanced toward the raiders. I somehow managed to pick up all 4 of the medals last week (I think everyone else in my group died or something), but now I’ve been tossed into the brackets with the hardcore raiders. I, personally, don’t mind Klans raiding, since they deserve rewards for pulling off successful raids, but whenever I”m put into a bracket where I see that I’m surrounded by Klans, I pretty much just give up playing Domination for the week.

I’d still rather see some sort of division where it’s Klan vs. Klan, with a different division for people who aren’t in Klans so they can enjoy Domination, too.

And don’t tell me to join a Klan. I don’t want to, and I don’t spend enough time on this site to justify it.

Amasius

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

windandwater Posted:

As someone who isn’t in a Klan but still tries to play Domination, I agree that things are wildly imbalanced toward the raiders. I somehow managed to pick up all 4 of the medals last week (I think everyone else in my group died or something), but now I’ve been tossed into the brackets with the hardcore raiders. I, personally, don’t mind Klans raiding, since they deserve rewards for pulling off successful raids, but whenever I”m put into a bracket where I see that I’m surrounded by Klans, I pretty much just give up playing Domination for the week.

I’d still rather see some sort of division where it’s Klan vs. Klan, with a different division for people who aren’t in Klans so they can enjoy Domination, too.

And don’t tell me to join a Klan. I don’t want to, and I don’t spend enough time on this site to justify it.

You shouldn’t give up so easy. Don’t be afraid of players with lots of cards, most of them are never played. It isn’t too hard to get Fave Flava with a last-minute speedrun even in the top brackets (the weak spot of those greedy raiders) and if you don’t compete you should still buy cards to attack the players in raiding klans. We have to stick together against those damn raiders. Log in to see images!

Veer

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

card limits card limits card limits card limits card limits

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Veer Posted:

card limits card limits card limits card limits card limits

QF Approval

windandwater

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Amasius Posted:

You shouldn’t give up so easy. Don’t be afraid of players with lots of cards, most of them are never played. It isn’t too hard to get Fave Flava with a last-minute speedrun even in the top brackets (the weak spot of those greedy raiders) and if you don’t compete you should still buy cards to attack the players in raiding klans. We have to stick together against those damn raiders. Log in to see images!

Oh, I don’t completely roll over. ^^ This week I’ve been stocking the bumholes just for fun, since my bracket has been carding up like you wouldn’t believe (after there was early bumholing this week). I’ve actually been in the max scoop position with an almighty 3 scoops. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!