Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Gay Raiding Klan v. Non-Raiding Klan v. Klanless scoop/card gap

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Veer Posted:

card limits card limits card limits card limits card limits

I’d prefer a time limit: you can only play a card every, say 30 seconds. That way the more cards you have the earlier you have to start playing them and thus are vulnerable to attacks. If you want to play 60 cards you’d have to begin half an hour before the dom round ends and it would allow for some interesting new offensive and defensive strategies especially if you can’t auto-equip your shields.

It would be cool if you can queue and time your cards beforehand but can change the succession whenever you want to. Then you don’t necessarily have to be online when the dom round ends (at least in the lower brackets) but are flexible enough to change your strategy whenever necessary.

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Well if you can’t auto-equip shields then the entire focus of domination would change dramatically as most people would try to keep a moderate amount of scoops during the week with a decent number of cards and then do a late yellow/pistachio run and then rapid reload to protect their scoops total with shields.

Even then the top brackets would be just a matter of luck as most of the leaders have to endure dozens of blasting cards in the final minutes of the round.

I’m not opposed to a card limit and/or cooldown between cards being played but I don’t think that it changes the fact that several people are able to earn between 200-500 scoops in a given week primarily fueled by vanilla.

Amasius

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Why would people keep scoops if they can’t auto-equip shields? Maybe I’m missing something but I don’t get the logic. Either you keep all your scoops or none. It may be a promising tactic to keep all scoops in the lower brackets because it discourages many people and a few bumholes doesn’t matter, but even 500 scoops aren’t enough in the top brackets. If you are in the lead you get punished so you buy cards and another player has the most scoops and has to buy cards and so on, the old game.

If cards aren’t auto-equipable and you can only play one card every 30 secs you have to decide: if you are in danger of being bumholed a shield is the best choice. Otherwise a MI is better. If you have less cards than another player you can play your MIs, Switcheroos and maybe Thiefs first and then attack him because he probably can’t use his attack cards (if he has any), he’s busy playing MIs and shields to protect his scoops. I hope that the effect is that it’s harder for people to get all four medals, that ties are more difficult to do and even players with only a fistful of cards have a chance to get a trophy in the higher brackets with a little luck and a good strategy. More competition, more suspense, more fun.

There’s no doubt that the main balance problem now are the overpowered vanilla raids but a late lemon/pistachio run needs 12 visits (or at least 9 for pistachios) to be effective and that are visits you can’t use in raids so that would lessen the problem a little.

Bear

Avatar: 19845 2011-10-31 11:07:12 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Add cards that take away more scoops like 25, maybe can’t stop with shield and something to destroy cards for the people who try to steal victory last minute

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Amasius Posted:

Why would people keep scoops if they can’t auto-equip shields? Maybe I’m missing something but I don’t get the logic. Either you keep all your scoops or none. It may be a promising tactic to keep all scoops in the lower brackets because it discourages many people and a few bumholes doesn’t matter, but even 500 scoops aren’t enough in the top brackets. If you are in the lead you get punished so you buy cards and another player has the most scoops and has to buy cards and so on, the old game.

If cards aren’t auto-equipable and you can only play one card every 30 secs you have to decide: if you are in danger of being bumholed a shield is the best choice. Otherwise a MI is better. If you have less cards than another player you can play your MIs, Switcheroos and maybe Thiefs first and then attack him because he probably can’t use his attack cards (if he has any), he’s busy playing MIs and shields to protect his scoops. I hope that the effect is that it’s harder for people to get all four medals, that ties are more difficult to do and even players with only a fistful of cards have a chance to get a trophy in the higher brackets with a little luck and a good strategy. More competition, more suspense, more fun.

There’s no doubt that the main balance problem now are the overpowered vanilla raids but a late lemon/pistachio run needs 12 visits (or at least 9 for pistachios) to be effective and that are visits you can’t use in raids so that would lessen the problem a little.

Basically by removing autoequipped shields and enforcing a card timer you make the min scoop dash impossible. Many of the people in the top pod will have between 20-50 modests. In order to deploy them they would need to start deploying roughly 20-30 minutes before time ends. However there are several designated blasters in the top pod. If I can use offense cards once per 30 seconds I can basically keep multiple people beatdown with shotguns and bumholes if they get above 10 scoops. Basically it becomes a game of whoever can manage to weather the ****storm.

However there are no limits on the number of scoops you can earn per minute. What many people would do is try to deploy vanilla meatshields during the week to absorb bumholes and then do last minute denture runs or try to time thier pistachio loops to end on wednesdays. Most of the bumholes in the bracket will be spent beating down the meatshields and presumably the late speedrun rush would become dominant.

Amasius

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Min Scoops impossible? Harder yes, but certainly not impossible and normally there are lesser “designated blasters” than people who are going for medals. I guess a promising strategy would be to raise antifreeze, chocolate and vanilla with timed MIs and get lemons and pistachios with a late speedrun. 42 pistachios and 36 lemons are possible and with just (Log in to see images!) 54 MIs you’d have Min Scoops = 36, Total Scoops = 186 and Fave Falva = 42.

With 36 Min Scoops you could probably take quite a few hits and 186 Total Scoops isn’t that much, so you aren’t necessarily in danger to be bumholed. You’d probably also lose Fave Falva because others with less cards will concentrate on that, but hey – that’s a good thing, right? So far there has always been one predominant strategy and if you make enough scoops you get most of the time four medals. I want things a bit more diversified. Sure, luck would matter more but is that bad? Skill and scoops would still be a huge advantage.

Another strategy could be to buy as many shields as possible after the first vanilla raid and use switcheroos during the second one. That way you could get with 200 vanillas 40 Min Scoops and have probably a lot of shields to protect them (and some MIs to compensate for losses) but of course you’d be for hours or even days in danger to be attacked.

Vanilla meatshields probably aren’t a good idea – it would only work if (almost) all competitors do this, but some will figure that it might be better to buy cards: people who don’t compete for medals that week would enjoy it to attack the meatshields. If you card up and play bumholes (they get MIs and a few shields, if both isn’t available bumholes or other attack cards) the meatshields wouldn’t last until the end of the dom round – well maybe someone has still enough vanilla for Fave Falva but most bumholes would be used before the end of the week. I guess that meatshields wouldn’t survive against some “designated blasters” like yourself. Log in to see images!

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I have to disagree about the meat shields. If any aspect of klan vanilla is the biggest problem, it is the meat shields. 300 scoops that no one cares about takes 30 bumholes to eliminate.

For the most part they are damn near non-playing characters (people who know they can’t make it to Dom end that week, alts, whatever) and in a vanilla klan they can have several hundred scoops that other players need to work through.

Not a real problem in the upper brackets, a problem in the lower brackets where players see it and just quit for the week. And, yeah, I think it’s lame that an entire bracket sees a tower and decides not to play when they could easily take it down if just a few of them bothered, but I see it happen quite a bit.

scully edited this message on 07/01/2008 5:26PM

Amasius

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

The lower brackets are an entirely different problem. Many people who unintentionally got some scoops don’t care about domination and the few beginners who want to participate have no chance against raiders or more experienced players. Well, they have to learn the basics and after some weeks the experienced players are in the higher brackets anyway.

Normally it’s a good thing that the brackets for people without medals are much bigger except for the first weeks where many top players compete and should ascent into higher brackets fast. so that n00bs don’t have to wait to long to have a chance. Unfortunately it’s exactly the other way around this season.

Amasius edited this message on 07/01/2008 6:44PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!