Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ban Me The Antifreeze Cap

Leechbait

Avatar: 38669 Mon Nov 03 13:38:26 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

Goth_Jesus Posted:

That’s where you’re wrong. The only reason you’re not having a problem is because the people in raiding klans who really care about domination are in higher brackets already. So you haven’t competed with them.

And now that you’re in the top bracket, I notice that you aren’t competing.

he got 2 scoops away from a medal in the same bracket last week

Goth_Jesus

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Leechbait Posted:

he got 2 scoops away from a medal in the same bracket last week

What the scoreboard doesn’t tell you is that he just tried desperately to win at the last minute, but hadn’t done anything in domination for the rest of the week.

A feeble attempt. He almost got lucky, only because other people were hit with offensive cards. I don’t think that counts as competing.

Goth_Jesus edited this message on 05/21/2008 8:03PM

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Goth_Jesus Posted:

I’ve coordinated vanilla runs, and it’s not complicated.

I’ve never said anything else. I think the whole “coordination” thing is so overrated that I wrote the Wiki guide and took out an ad for it to try to encourage smaller groups to try it.

Westside Wiz-
ard

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Goth_Jesus Posted:

What the scoreboard doesn’t tell you is that he just tried desperately to win at the last minute, but hadn’t done anything in domination for the rest of the week.

A feeble attempt. He almost got lucky, only because other people were hit with offensive cards. I don’t think that counts as competing.

Everything happens in Domination the last fifteen minutes anyway. What’s the big deal trying to do something in advance more than ambuming cards? I wasn’t spared, got bumholed thrice the last half hour or so.

And yes, I wasn’t competing this round. I figured I would have a better chance getting the double shinies next week instead.

Westside Wizard edited this message on 05/21/2008 9:19PM

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Goth_Arktor – I’m pretty sure that your sneak today, kind of disproved your entire “no one can overcome vanilla” argument, hon.

scully edited this message on 05/21/2008 9:20PM

Genesis

[Brainfreeze]

Level 10 Camwhore

please dominate me <3 <3 <3

Goth_Jesus Posted:

I have to give you credit. At least you don’t pretend that you’re not a pretentious ****.

rock on, /me is super ****

Goth_Jesus Posted:

You wholeheartedly believe that only people who take the time to raid should earn scoops. However, people who take the same amount of time to gamble should not earn scoops.

No, I too believe that there should be a way to earn a decent amount of scoops through gambling. I was simply reminding you why Antifreeze was capped in the first place. Because of there really being no restriction besides a player’s time, a player could get a ridiculous number of scoops as proven by you, Summergirl, and Sancdar before the Antifreeze nerf. If the Antifreeze cap is raised to more than 5 a day, then that would rock.

The point I’m arguing against is that Vanilla should be capped or restricted even more. It has already had a nerf from 3 scoops to 1 per klan domination. 3 scoops was indeed quite ridiculous, and I believe that right now things are fine at 1 scoop.

If all of you gamblers want to crusade to have your Antifreeze cap raised, go for it. But don’t **** at us raiders to have Vanilla capped even further.

Genesis

[Brainfreeze]

Level 10 Camwhore

scullyangel Posted:

Goth_Arktor – I’m pretty sure that your sneak today, kind of disproved your entire “no one can overcome vanilla” argument, hon.

lol, unfortunately even after sneaking his way in, he still couldn’t win any medals against raiders so I guess his point still stands

Goth_Jesus

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Genesis Posted:

Because of there really being no restriction besides a player’s time, a player could get a ridiculous number of scoops

How is this not the case with Vanilla? Well, besides that it requires multiple player’s time (except they also all benefit.)

Although I must admit, winning did sort of ruin my argument. Unless I maintain that my victory was merely the result of my own successful raid earlier this week. Although one might observe that the success was of a much lower magnitude.

Goth_Jesus edited this message on 05/21/2008 11:51PM

angstcity

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 36 Camwhore

My bum is filled with horse great times

Truthfully, the biggest advantage to klan based Domination is the possibility of multiple bodies in one pod, but that isn’t a big advantage if those bodies aren’t there for the last 15 minutes or so.

One player with a pile of vanilla is just a mbumive target.

But again, I’ll agree that bumping anti-freeze to 10 scoops would be just fine.

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Genesis Posted:

lol, unfortunately even after sneaking his way in, he still couldn’t win any medals against raiders so I guess his point still stands

No, he was seriously playing 4 characters, actually pushing for medals with all. Managed to medal with 2, was off by 1 scoop with another and 3 mods with the 4th. If I hadn’t been slamming Goth, I’m sure Tarman would have picked up minimum in his pod. Don’t downplay that kind of focus, it’s one thing to sit in a pod and be able to focus all your attention on it, it’s another to shift between 4 characters and still achieve medals.

Genesis

[Brainfreeze]

Level 10 Camwhore

Goth_Jesus Posted:

How is this not the case with Vanilla? Well, besides that it requires multiple player’s time (except they also all benefit.)

Genesis Posted:

You seem to be forgetting Antifreeze was capped because of the potential infinite number of scoops a person could get through gambling. The only soft restriction placed on it was the amount of time the person would be willing to spend gambling.

In comparison Vanilla has a pretty hard restriction in that scoops earned is still limited to the klan raid’s visits remaining, not to mention the other restricting factors of even trying to get players from around the world on at the same time to pull off the raid.

When you’re out of visits, you’re out of visits, and no more Vanilla. Although I guess you could argue if a klan is so large that it has a ridiculous number of visits for raids, then it could earn a ridiculous number of Vanillas. But I haven’t seen that happen since the Vanilla nerf.

The biggest raid I’ve been involved in brought in 125 scoops (after the nerf) with about 22 individual players (not counting alts). (And on average, a raid would bring in about 75 scoops with 14 people twice a week, for Knights of LOL that is). I think that’s a reasonable and fair amount of scoops for a raid to earn if it involves that many people. I guess I should’ve explained further when I mentioned “coordination amongst a group of people” earlier, but yes coordinating the raid itself isn’t too difficult… it’s trying to get that many people on at once for a raid that makes raids fairly uncommon and Vanillas hard to earn because of VISIT LIMITS.

If there were a klan out there with hundreds of members that ran raids daily to rake in hundreds if not over a thousand scoops a week, then I would change my views on this matter. But getting a raid started has been quite ****ty recently due to school finals and exams. So at the moment, I’m going to have to vote NOTHX on Vanilla caps.

Genesis

[Brainfreeze]

Level 10 Camwhore

scullyangel Posted:

No, he was seriously playing 4 characters, actually pushing for medals with all. Managed to medal with 2, was off by 1 scoop with another and 3 mods with the 4th. If I hadn’t been slamming Goth, I’m sure Tarman would have picked up minimum in his pod. Don’t downplay that kind of focus, it’s one thing to sit in a pod and be able to focus all your attention on it, it’s another to shift between 4 characters and still achieve medals.

Ah, I was only watching the top team and didn’t realize he was playing all his alts. I just kinda bumumed at this point, everyone would be focusing on their character with the greatest medals to get the most medals as possible before the reset.

Genesis

[Brainfreeze]

Level 10 Camwhore

angstcity Posted:

Truthfully, the biggest advantage to klan based Domination is the possibility of multiple bodies in one pod, but that isn’t a big advantage if those bodies aren’t there for the last 15 minutes or so.

One player with a pile of vanilla is just a mbumive target.

But again, I’ll agree that bumping anti-freeze to 10 scoops would be just fine.

QFT

Another great reason Dom focused Klans rock!

Goth_Jesus

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Genesis Posted:

Ah, I was only watching the top team and didn’t realize he was playing all his alts. I just kinda bumumed at this point, everyone would be focusing on their character with the greatest medals to get the most medals as possible before the reset.

Suffice it to say that there’s not much of a point to earning medals on Arktor. I’m perfectly willing to admit that I can’t possibly beat BL.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

looks like blackjacks give 1500 again

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

That’s awesome, as I got 2 blackjacks in a row yesterday.

Smige

Level 3 Camwhore

“Like a Virgin”

Can yous ewb te seee

Heat Seeking-
Moisture Mi-
ssile

Avatar: Heat Seeking Moisture Missile's Avatar

Level 10 Troll

AKA Throbbing Thrill Hammer, Rod of God, and male reproductive organ

Smige Posted:

Can yous ewb te seee

Wow, if this isn’t Gigerth you have his senseless posting style down to a Tee.

HEY TSB, this person would fit into your clan PERFECTLY!!!

Smige

Level 3 Camwhore

“Like a Virgin”

why fit when totally escriwb yeh

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Why troll when this is in a non-trolling forum?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!