Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Shock Buff trolls!

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

i'm so lonely... i have no friends... plz help...

That statement is total BS. Extra offense does much more for high damage attacks then for low damage.
The only time extra offence matters for low damage attacks is if that extra point or 2 will help you 1 or 2 shot a thread when you normally wouldn’t. My troll takes 5-6 attacks to Pwn a Memebuster thread. My Camwhore takes about 4. Or 2 if you count Threaten to Contact Authorities and Ophelia’s Bad Poetry.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Bigguyinblack Posted:

That statement is total BS. Extra offense does much more for high damage attacks then for low damage.
The only time extra offence matters for low damage attacks is if that extra point or 2 will help you 1 or 2 shot a thread when you normally wouldn’t. My troll takes 5-6 attacks to Pwn a Memebuster thread. My Camwhore takes about 4. Or 2 if you count Threaten to Contact Authorities and Ophelia’s Bad Poetry.

Wait, wait. So you can pwn a memebusters thread on your camwhore in 4 hits without using Threaten or OBP?

Vivid Description + Underwear Shot + Vivid Description + Bra Shot pwns it?

Also, I noticed your failure to address my argument, which still stands.
Arktor edited this message on 04/22/2008 7:32PM

Leechbait

Avatar: 38669 Mon Nov 03 13:38:26 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

offense sux for re-res

no % increase on basic attacks at 2 offense

Leechbait edited this message on 04/22/2008 7:36PM

evilhamster

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

You need more than 2 offense to make a difference.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Arktor Posted:

Paraone Posted:

To be fair, it works better for some clbumes than others. You have to think of the difference in attacks that the clbumes have.

To be fair, that’s absurd. It has the exact same %increase for every clbum.

Technically offense does work better for some clbumes than others, because of a couple of factors. One is that damage is done as discrete rounded values rather than an exact average that increases flatly with offense. This has a more significant effect with certain offense values, of course. 14 offense is equal in this regard for all attacks. For odder values, Ophelia’s will always get a nice solid boost, while lower-damage attacks could miss up to a point of average damage from rounding. This is more significant the lower the attack’s damage. The first two Re-Re attacks see a 0% increase in damage at 2 offense.

The other reason offense works better for some clbumes than others is because of the free hits from pwning threads. If it takes you 5 hits on average to pwn a thread, you get attacked 4 times. Drop that to 4 hits to pwn and you’re only being attacked 3 times – you’re taking 75% of the damage.

Now, if it takes you 10 hits to pwn a thread, you’re being attacked 9 times. An equivalent offense boost should drop you to 8 hits for pwnage, and 7 times being attacked. Now you’re taking 77% of the damage.

Arktor Posted:

Well, since trolls take longer to kill forums, having higher offense results in it taking much less time to pwn forums than you’d get from the same amount of offense on a non-troll.

Your argument fails to prove anything. No matter how close in seconds the troll gets to the emo/camwhore, the % advantage they have stays the same, so any speedrun scoop times balanced for faster clbumes allow sub-optimal builds on those clbumes to scoop at the same frequency as optimal builds for trolls. Additionally, to advance on the leaderboards an inherently slow clbum would always be at a disadvantage until such point as the % advantage of the faster clbumes led to less than 1 second difference in times.

Leechbait

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

evilhamster Posted:

not on ophelia or my other 2 attacs

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

evilhamster Posted:

For an attack that does 3-6 damage, with +8%, you get 3.24 – 6.48 damage. If rounded to the nearest whole number or truncated, there’s literally no difference.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

I actually forgot my original reason for coming to the thread, a suggestion for buffing trolls without giving them stronger attacks.

I propose that every point of defense additionally gives a 1% bonus to all healing effects. Maybe just consumables, so camwhores don’t get an extra 3-4 ego off of Pump Me Up. I think this would open up more troll builds and allow them to compensate for their low charisma/luck scores with more consumable bang for the buck.

Your guys’ thoughts on this?

evilhamster

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Arktor Posted:

For an attack that does 3-6 damage, with +8%, you get 3.24 – 6.48 damage. If rounded to the nearest whole number or truncated, there’s literally no difference.

That’s what I said, without the math… Log in to see images!

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Sancdar: First of all, about rounding error, you’re also not factoring in that emo damage is increased by life missing so you see a lower % increase bumuming you aren’t at full health. This decrease compensates for the rounding error at lower damage. Furthermore, since camwhores get +4 offense from pump-me-up versus a troll’s +3 from fap, camwhores get a lower % increase than a troll; enough to compensate for the rounding error.

Sancdar Posted:

Your argument fails to prove anything. No matter how close in seconds the troll gets to the emo/camwhore, the % advantage they have stays the same, so any speedrun scoop times balanced for faster clbumes allow sub-optimal builds on those clbumes to scoop at the same frequency as optimal builds for trolls. Additionally, to advance on the leaderboards an inherently slow clbum would always be at a disadvantage until such point as the % advantage of the faster clbumes led to less than 1 second difference in times.

Your argument fails to be relevant. I have never contested that trolls have difficulty speedrunning high-difficulty forums.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

evilhamster Posted:

Yeah, I was agreeing.

Leechbait

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

evilhamster Posted:

my point is that offense isnt equal for all clbumes

i’m being shafted

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Leechbait Posted:

my point is that offense isnt equal for all clbumes

i’m being shafted

This is true. Rounding error is especially unfair for re-res.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Arktor Posted:

Your argument fails to be relevant. I have never contested that trolls have difficulty speedrunning high-difficulty forums.

You’ve been saying that slower characters get an extra boost from offense because it gives them more of an improvement in seconds, which is true but irrelevant. I was just pointing that out.

As far as I can tell, you’re not trying to argue any points at all, you just want an excuse to troll Game Discussion without getting banned. I guess I’ll try to ignore your posts in here until you come up with something you’re actually proving.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Sancdar Posted:

You’ve been saying that slower characters get an extra boost from offense because it gives them more of an improvement in seconds, which is true but irrelevant. I was just pointing that out.

As far as I can tell, you’re not trying to argue any points at all, you just want an excuse to troll Game Discussion without getting banned. I guess I’ll try to ignore your posts in here until you come up with something you’re actually proving.

Well, maybe you should stop being so close-minded, and instead consider my argument all along: except for speedruns, trolls are fine. The fix should be to the way speedruns work, not to the way trolls work.

Arktor edited this message on 04/22/2008 7:54PM

Leechbait

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

Arktor Posted:

This is true. Rounding error is especially unfair for re-res.

actuary it isnt u guys all suck at math rerre is best

3 offense basic attacks r 5.25 average

expected is 5.22 or 5.19 (i dont no forumela exactly)

we get more boost hahaha

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Arktor Posted:

Well, maybe you should stop being so close-minded, and instead consider my argument all along: except for speedruns, trolls are fine. The fix should be to the way speedruns work, not to the way trolls work.

They make less   at rollover and spend more on consumables. Repair costs are irrelevant until the various tricks are fixed/changed, but I don’t know that they have an advantage there either.

So they’re slower to pwn and get less of a reward when they finally do so. Also, since their high defense makes combat more erratic, they’re harder to predict proper consumable levels for, so less-experienced players are more likely to die. Where’s the benefit that makes them worth it?

Also if you could look at the suggestion I posted, I really do want somebody’s opinions on it.

seanpg71

[Brainfreeze]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

The reason that offense helps different clbumes more than others isn’t just rounding. It’s that it’s percentage based.

The 1 point of additional offense gives a camwhore ~5 extra damage per hit for her strongest attack. An extra point of offense gives a troll ~3 extra damage. It’s something like .3 for the base re-re attacks and that’s why the rounding becomes a big factor.

So, offense is more useful to camwhores than to trolls.

I still think a forum that hit for 60 damage and took 200 pwnage/ thread would be interesting. That would unravel camwhore and emo kid strategies enough to probably make it almost unplayable for them, but a troll with decent defense might not find it much harder than pp.

Edit: Maybe 240 pwnage – put it just out of the reach of ophilias and 2xthreaten for good measure.

seanpg71 edited this message on 04/22/2008 8:16PM

evilhamster

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Sancdar Posted:

I actually forgot my original reason for coming to the thread, a suggestion for buffing trolls without giving them stronger attacks.

I propose that every point of defense additionally gives a 1% bonus to all healing effects. Maybe just consumables, so camwhores don’t get an extra 3-4 ego off of Pump Me Up. I think this would open up more troll builds and allow them to compensate for their low charisma/luck scores with more consumable bang for the buck.

Your guys’ thoughts on this?

Is that in addition to the less damage?

It could be helpful. Emos don’t want high defense so won’t get much of a boost- keeping ego low. Camwhores don’t need the extra healing most of the time- and mostly focus on offense anyways. That leaves trolls – fewer moves spent on healing = less damage taken and less time spent pwning forums.

seanpg71

[Brainfreeze]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Leechbait Posted:

actuary it isnt u guys all suck at math rerre is best

3 offense basic attacks r 5.25 average

expected is 5.22 or 5.19 (i dont no forumela exactly)

we get more boost hahaha

Why wouldn’t the expected just be the average?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!