Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Shock Buff trolls!

Bubo

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

Seriously, this is just gross failure here. You try to highjack his thread where he presents the facts that he took effort to gather in support of buffing trolls, and when that didn’t work you just rip those facts and put them in your own thread. To add injury to the insult, you don’t even give credit to him for spending the time gathering those facts in the first place. This thread == FAIL.

Bubo

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

Good grief, and then to edit it after being called for failing to give credit, and just adding it as a postscript? FAIL.

Sux2BU

Level 10 Troll

Sucky sucky 2 dolla!!!

Okay, folks, here’s the deal:

This thread is in Game Discussion, not General Role Playing. Next person who decides it’s funny to troll the troll discussion thread gets a long talk with Mr. Banhammer.

Bigguyinblack, I’ve closed your thread to consolidate discussion into one thread rather than have competition, as this thread was established first.

Tarman, stealing Bigguyinblack’s info and posting it yourself without giving him credit is a serious no-no, and I expect you to shape the **** up.

Okay, so let’s have this thread be ACTUAL discussion of whether or not Trolls need their stats buffed in order to stay competitive.

Sux2BU edited this message on 04/06/2008 11:05PM

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

i'm so lonely... i have no friends... plz help...

*grumble* Fine. Tarman please add my date to your original post so people don’t have to read down to see it.

Tarman

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Troll

I AM IN NEED OF A GOOD DOUCHING SINCE I HAVE SAND IN MY VAG!!!!!

Sux2BU Posted:

Okay, folks, here’s the deal:

This thread is in Game Discussion, not General Role Playing. Next person who decides it’s funny to troll the troll discussion thread gets a long talk with Mr. Banhammer.

Bigguyinblack, I’ve closed your thread to consolidate discussion into one thread rather than have competition, as this thread was established first.

Tarman, stealing Bigguyinblack’s info and posting it yourself without giving him credit is a serious no-no, and I expect you to shape the **** up.

Okay, so let’s have this thread be ACTUAL discussion of whether or not Trolls need their stats buffed in order to stay competitive.

Oh sorry, let me just make a copy thread for every single thread on the forum.

Sux2BU

Level 10 Troll

Sucky sucky 2 dolla!!!

Tarman Posted:

Oh sorry, let me just make a copy thread for every single thread on the forum.

Jesus ****, Tarman, I closed down the other thread already. If you would like to whine more, take it to Whiny ****es. If you would like to whine more to me for my decision, send me a Tubmail. If you would like to whine more in this thread, I would suggest you really think about how useful that will be.

Skyreal

Level 24 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

One strategy that factors HEAVILY into my speed runs is planning moves. Basically the idea is to pwn the thread using as few moves as possible.

The first and most obvious way to do this is to save time spent using consumables. Use the highest level consumable you can. Trolls actually can claim a slight advantage here because they are the only clbum with drugs that recovers more than 60 of their secondary stat. The overall time saved isn’t great, though.

The second way to do this is to leverage your highest damage attack. When attacking a high level forum you will spend some time using consumables and buffs. What you want to do is to arrange your attacks so that you are constantly using your highest damage attack, with buffs/consumables/lesser attacks in the refresh periods. In this respect, Emo Kids and Camwhores get a huge advantage over the troll, because the troll’s highest damage attack doesn’t compare to the others. This advantage becomes very clear with good use of ‘roids.

The third way is to use OBP too its full extent. Try to be in situations where it does close to its full damage whenever it’s ready. Use it as a free substitute for three or four of your attacks.

A fourth, not so obvious way is to calculate which attacks you need to use to pwn a thread with minimum moves, and arrange the order of the moves such that your highest damage attack is available as soon as possible after the thread dies.

Using the second and fourth techniques I described above, the Emo Kids and Camwhores can leverage their highest damage attack to achieve speeds Trolls can only dream of. Ultimately the Troll plays similar to a Re-re – you must rely on good use of OBP – and, to a much smaller extent, Yo Mamma – in order to get the best times.

The advantage of having two strongest attacks with 1 refresh is a little moot, because Trolls have a disadvantage in offense, enough that the third attacks of Emo Kids and Camwhores can come close to the Troll’s second attack. The only forums in which the Troll gets an advantage is therefore those that require 1-2 hits for a Troll but 2-3 hits for the other clbumes. This window of advantage is very small compared to the disadvantage Trolls face.

Emo Kids and Camwhores can get even faster times than usual if they face a string of misses at a good time that speeds up their move rotation, although the reverse can also happen. Trolls are by contrast rather predictable – they can’t become too much faster by luck alone.

tl;dr: In conclusion, Trolls got shafted in the area of speed running. Defense is still a bit of a gray area for me so I don’t know if it helps much.

WetSocket

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Check the speedruns for Paranoia and Urbane, My Emo has those records by a long shot. I can match CW records within 1-2 seconds for every other forum. I can say with certainty that they are fairly equal. My only question for trolls is, have you tried stacking Fap with Drugs to do extra damage? And how many trolls have attempted speeds runs? My Ego bonuses do little to nothing on low bar forums. I could go on, I can add the formula for Emo damage to this thread as well if people are curious, although I’m sure others have empirically figured it out as well. As it stands I agree that trolls may be at a slight disadvantage, the easiest way to rectify this may be to increase the damage of annoying text because it is only a stepping stone at the moment. If the damage was increased with a higher level requirement then they would be balanced. As it stands you can spam your two strongest attacks consistently while Emo and CW have to use a lower skill every 4 attacks due to cooldowns.

Tarman

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Troll

I AM IN NEED OF A GOOD DOUCHING SINCE I HAVE SAND IN MY VAG!!!!!

The bonus from roids only lasts for 4 turns, not to mention that its available to every clbum.

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

i'm so lonely... i have no friends... plz help...

WetSocket Posted:

My only question for trolls is, have you tried stacking Fap with Drugs to do extra damage? And how many trolls have attempted speeds runs?

Unless the Troll is trying for a speedrun Fap is always in effect. The drug you are probably thinking of has a low duration so will likely only help with pwning 1 thread in the hardest forums. I have tried speed runs but can only 1 shot weak forums.

seanpg71

[Brainfreeze]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

WetSocket Posted:

... I can add the formula for Emo damage to this thread as well if people are curious, although I’m sure others have empirically figured it out as well. ...

Yes please Log in to see images!

WetSocket

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

For all you Emos out there too busy going to concerts to learn the mathz:

:Log in to see images!

Trolls simply need a stronger attack on a 2 refresh. End of story.

seanpg71

[Brainfreeze]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

WetSocket Posted:

For all you Emos out there too busy going to concerts to learn the mathz:

:Log in to see images!

Trolls simply need a stronger attack on a 2 refresh. End of story.

I was hoping for something more along the lines of this:

damageDealt = round(round(baseDamage*(1+.75(%dead)))*(1-(offense-1)/13))

but thanks I guess. Log in to see images!

Edit: Strangely enough – skills that don’t claim to be effected by ego, such as ophelia’s, are only subject to the regular damage forumula (the outer portion of the equation) and are not actually modified by ego.

seanpg71 edited this message on 04/07/2008 12:54AM

WetSocket

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

seanpg71 Posted:

I was hoping for something more along the lines of this:

damageDealt = round(round(baseDamage*(1+.75(%dead)))*(1-(offense-1)/13))

but thanks I guess. Log in to see images!

Stop derailing the thread. All you need to do is record your attack data for 1 forum visit to get that equation. TROLL BUFF IS SERIOUS BUSINESS.

EDIT: YOU FORGOT TO STATE THAT OPHELIAS IS UNAFFECTED. LOL GO BACK TO SCHOOL.

WetSocket edited this message on 04/07/2008 12:49AM

1338h4x

Avatar: 22473 Sat Nov 29 21:01:08 -0500 2008

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 35 Troll

7 Vibrating Doldoes was never a meme

Instead of trying to rework the clbumes so much, simply increase the level cap so that anyone having trouble pwning harder forums can just take some time out and grind. Honestly, why can’t I level further? 10 just seems so arbitrarily low, and I barely managed to beat The Furry Farm with drugs. I’ve checked threads for how to best set things up with haxlrose in the hopes of becoming slightly less crippled, and it wasn’t much help. I’m not going to bother with the last forum until something is done, it makes no sense that I can barely survive at the highest level with the best gear.

Unintelligen-
cer

Level 31 Troll

“Permafail”

You have a Defaced Mona Lisa and still can’t beat the game?

1338h4x

Avatar: 22473 Sat Nov 29 21:01:08 -0500 2008

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 35 Troll

7 Vibrating Doldoes was never a meme

I meant best equipment as in realistically obtainable. I was going to farm 200k flezz, but then decided it was a waste of time.

Has Evil Trout said anything at all in response to complaints about Trolls and/or the level cap before? It seems like this is all falling on deaf ears.

Unintelligen-
cer

Level 31 Troll

“Permafail”

I don’t know about speedruns, but I just completed the game at level 9. All my alts had to be level 10 to take on the last forum. And I only user 2 smileprin XR, 1 smileprin and one Jimson weed.

Unintelligen-
cer

Level 31 Troll

“Permafail”

Who said that Trolls can’t speedrun?

Notice all these runs were only at level 9:

Yeah, I’m sure speeding the harder forums will be harder until we get a better attack or two, but I don’t see where trolls need a lot of buffing. We’re slow but can beat all the forums with a minimum of equipment and consumables.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Unintelligencer Posted:

We’re slow but can beat all the forums with a minimum of equipment and consumables.

This is false. Trolls use considerably more consumables on harder forums than emos or camwhores, who are approximately equal.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!