Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Sup Official Forumwarz Orange(TM) Discussion

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

mterek Posted:

I can imagine that as the years go by, with more episodes beyond the trilogy we’ve played, that value would seem more reasonable as far as relative price goes. Even considering discounting the older material, if each additional adventure costs 100 BP, it won’t be long before the game’s value outweighs Orange’s cost.

There are a lot of features in Orange, some of which I don’t think we got in the trial session. But it definitely doesn’t look like a good buy right when we’re at the twilight of Episode III and all that awaits us after beating the main game is Dom.

Yes, it would take 2 more years for the episodes to outweigh the cost of orange.

That is IF ET keeps up with the a episode a year thing.

HuGGleS4EVer-
YoNE

Avatar: 11164 2010-02-17 20:44:46 -0500

[Island of Avalon]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Market research guys, seriously.

I was considering getting orange, but there’s no way I’d pay more then the cost of an episode. You’ve priced yourself out of the market here. By setting it quite so high, you’re going to end up making less overall.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

CrinkzPipe Posted:

IF ET keeps up with the a episode a year thing.

Which isn’t going to happen because he has a full-time job now.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

MC Banhammer Posted:

Which isn’t going to happen because he has a full-time job now.

Good point.

CrinkzPipe edited this message on 02/17/2010 10:05PM

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

I’ve expected something like 50-100 BP and would have gladly payed that but 360 is… absurd.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

I guess a argument that CZ will bring up is “Well that’s the life time subscription, buy it by a monthly basis if it’s to expensive”

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Actually just worked it out.

Buying orange for 2 years is 10bp cheaper than the lifetime subscription.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

I’m trying to get into the head of whoever priced this (ET or JB, or both of them at their meeting), and the only reasons I can see for the high lifetime cost are two, which I will now rebut.

1) As an encouragement for people to pay the lower monthly rates over a period of time. I suppose this might be a legitimate reason, except the real target crowd of people who will buy it is most likely the long-timers anyway. Although I could see some people spending the 60 BP option to play through the episodes. Maybe.

2) Because they plan to add many features to Orange to make it worth the cost. That would make sense, and I would support that, but the features currently offered do NOT make it worth the cost. If this is the true motivation, then I suggest redoing it and making each feature a separately purchasable item, for reasonable prices (which I will try to come up with probably tomorrow), and forget about the packaging of Orange as a whole.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

MC Banhammer Posted:

I’m trying to get into the head of whoever priced this (ET or JB, or both of them at their meeting), and the only reasons I can see for the high lifetime cost are two, which I will now rebut.

1) As an encouragement for people to pay the lower monthly rates over a period of time. I suppose this might be a legitimate reason, except the real target crowd of people who will buy it is most likely the long-timers anyway. Although I could see some people spending the 60 BP option to play through the episodes. Maybe.

2) Because they plan to add many features to Orange to make it worth the cost. That would make sense, and I would support that, but the features currently offered do NOT make it worth the cost. If this is the true motivation, then I suggest redoing it and making each feature a separately purchasable item, for reasonable prices (which I will try to come up with probably tomorrow), and forget about the packaging of Orange as a whole.

If number 2 is the reason. Why haven’t wee seen any type of discussion involving the admins about suggestions?

Otherwise, I agree. They really need to offer them separately.

CrinkzPipe edited this message on 02/17/2010 10:16PM

Malaise

Avatar: 40838 2011-10-31 23:42:35 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

scully Posted:

1st off, the orange doesn’t actually mention that it removes the tubmail limit, you might want to add that.

2nd, I can’t watch Netflix with this package, and frankly this game doesn’t quite have the versatility of Xbox. Since dom is pretty solidly crap, Flamebate is a graveyard and gmail offers unlimited free accounts, the incentive to get the “live gold” package seems to be missing.

I have to say, I really always have supported donating and charging for perk things – hell I bought the ad blocking thing even though I run Firefox and have the Firefox Ad Block add on – but the cost compared to what is offered is silly.

Scully speaks for me in this as in all things.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

mterek Posted:

I can imagine that as the years go by, with more episodes beyond the trilogy we’ve played, that value would seem more reasonable as far as relative price goes. Even considering discounting the older material, if each additional adventure costs 100 BP, it won’t be long before the game’s value outweighs Orange’s cost.

that also bumumes there is ever going to be more full eps. Also, that is reframing the point. Just because it would cost less in comparison to the two eps, doesn’t mean it isn’t a ridiculous price. I was only using the example as a reference to how much that amount really is, esp in trying to figure out the spending power of a bp, as in 100 bp gets you a whole ep, 350 get you…orange. So who cares if the game eventually outweighs the cost, I guess is what I am saying.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

scully Posted:

I have to say, I really always have supported donating and charging for perk things – hell I bought the ad blocking thing even though I run Firefox and have the Firefox Ad Block add on – but the cost compared to what is offered is silly.

Heh, I did the same thing.

phantom_glee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Should come with peen, please

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

phantom_glee Posted:

Should come with peen, please

I wonder who would pay a price like this for a peen Log in to see images!

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

so lesseeeeee, I’ve got a bit over forty beeps, which would mean I can afford roughly a month and a half before i just let it go pft

Veist

Avatar: 35066 2012-11-21 18:44:47 -0500

[I hate you all]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Honestly, most of what Orange does is just reduce the frustration factor of the UI. Charging for UI improvements is a shame and charging that much for that little is imo scandalous.

futhermocker

Avatar: 125126 Sat Feb 28 16:36:53 -0500 2009

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Troll

This user causes YOUR HEAD ASPLODE!!!

MC Banhammer Posted:

This.

Also if we have a feature for customizing the size of the toolbar, why do we still not have something that allows us to organize moars/items into different “sets” that we can easily switch around with just one click?

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

One further thought, which I believe is earlier somewhere in this thread or another:

The ability to have more than 10 slots on the combat bar was asked for years ago, before sensitivities and the large number of new items/attacks that were added on later. To ask so much money for what is practically a necessity is honestly —

Let’s just say that people without Orange should get more slots than they have now for nothing.

Joseph of Su-
burbia

Avatar: 182182 2014-09-14 14:41:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

Foumwarz.com, Dev-free since 2012!

Yeah. Like apparently everyone else, I expected 50-100 BP. It just seemed to me that customizable tabs and longer toolbars were really the only things I needed, and probably everyone else too (since we’d figured ways to get around it.)

But, cmon. 360?

Cmon.

Chuck Diesel

Avatar: 220714 2022-12-08 14:16:09 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

sperm

A lot of the features are already available for free somewhere on the site (plugins or scripts or some ****.) And with the exception of the tubmail limits, and the extension of the attack bar, this isn’t really worth the points. Someone said the ability to save toolbars would be nice, and that’s a great idea.

Sorry, I’m not paying so much for something that improves or changes so little. Would you spend $36 bucks just to do something a little different? Well, I guess we’ll see who would once they start charging.

It’s stupid to charge for little game improvements, or even charge a subscription fee, on an internet game that only gives you 4 visits per day and makes you play over extended periods of time. “Awesome, I get to pay $36 dollars to enhance my experience for 4 turns per day.”

I agree with MC Banhammer, make the improvements available separately.

Chuck Diesel edited this message on 02/17/2010 11:35PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!