Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Sup Official Forumwarz Orange(TM) Discussion

Veist

Avatar: 35066 2012-11-21 18:44:47 -0500

[I hate you all]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

spacekadt Posted:

patch = fix something that’s broken

enhancement = something additional that you can certainly continue playing the game without

Orange is an enhancement. No part of it is a patch. Just because people have been requesting it for a long time doesn’t mean it’s a patch. In this case, it only means it’s a long-requested enhancement.

People want to compare it to WoW and how they give some of these enhancements for free – and you also pay a monthly fee to even play the game. I’m sure ET would be happy to give everyone Orange if everyone wanted to pay $5 a month to access the game at all.

I seriously can’t tell if you are being sincere or trolling. I’m going to bumume you are being serious so here goes. Would you show up for a job interview in your skidmarked underwear and demand they pay you to put some clothes on? The one thing you absolutely should be improving at no cost to your users is the UI, because if the UI sucks how are you going to get them to buy anything at all from you? Its a testament to the quality of the writing by CZ that FW is as successful as it has been because its been in spite of a ****ty UI not because the interface is anything but painful to use.

Veist edited this message on 03/06/2010 1:33AM

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

megazeroexe Posted:

Interesting reflection in those glbumes Log in to see images!

ty I feel like it really reflects on how I feel about my current tm situation.

SanDyk

Avatar: 175636 2012-01-01 09:50:12 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I am the internet equivelent of Jon Stewart! Except less funny...

Veist Posted:

I seriously can’t tell if you are being sincere or trolling. I’m going to bumume you are being serious so here goes. Would you show up for a job interview in your skidmarked underwear and demand they pay you to put some clothes on? The one thing you absolutely should be improving at no cost to your users is the UI, because if the UI sucks how are you going to get them to buy anything at all from you? Its a testament to the quality of the writing by CZ that FW is as successful as it has been because its been in spite of a ****ty UI not because the interface is anything but painful to use.

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

FWZ Orange equates to this:

ET thinks that a couple enhancements are worth as much as all of JB and the apprentice team’s work on ep. 2 and 3, since don’t they also have that ep 1/2 pack for 150 BP?

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

Skyman747 Posted:

FWZ Orange equates to this:

ET thinks that a couple enhancements are worth as much as all of JB and the apprentice team’s work on ep. 2 and 3, since don’t they also have that ep 1/2 pack for 150 BP?

Orange is the champagne of Forumwarz my friend; sure, you could buy five cases of Natural Ice for the same price but that doesn’t make you sophisticated Log in to see images!

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Celerysteve Posted:

I’m glad they patched it so you had to pay or delete all your tubmails. That had been bothering me for a while.

Let me find ETs post on this.

Evil Trout Posted:

We haven’t announced it yet but at this point it’s interfering with testing so you all should know.

Forumwarz Orange is a series of interface improvements for hardcore players. None are necessary to play the game but they can help out for power users. It’ll have a fee that we haven’t decided yet (we’re going to tally all the features we’ve added and come up with something reasonable.) It will launch with E3 and everyone will get the features for free at first.

So far we have:

• Larger Toolbar for battle (customizable size)
  • Can customize the tabs on the header
  • Can pick your favorite emoticons for flamebate
  • No quota on Tubmail
  • Auctions mailbox in Tubmail for Bidsquid mail
  • Extract All .moar files

I realize there might be some drama about it, especially regarding the tubmail quota because we are actually limiting something that used to be unlimited. I honestly don’t mind though because some players have hundreds of pages of tubmails, and it’s like charging them for the extra storage we need.

– From EP3 beta forum.

Skyman747

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Who the hell has hundreds of pages of tubmails?

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

Skyman747 Posted:

Who the hell has hundreds of pages of tubmails?

Me.

Nah, just kidding, though I do believe there are people who really come close to 100 pages of tubmails, perhaps MC Banhammer. Log in to see images! Nicco edited this message on 03/06/2010 1:52PM

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

CrinkzPipe Posted:

- From EP3 beta forum.

Thanks Clarissa for explaining it all. I was sincerely looking for some justification and understanding there.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Nicco Posted:

I do believe there are people who really come close to 100 pages of tubmails, perhaps MC Banhammer.

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

MC Banhammer Posted:

SanDyk

Avatar: 175636 2012-01-01 09:50:12 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I am the internet equivelent of Jon Stewart! Except less funny...

Veist Posted:

You know if you went in to anywhere with just underwear you’re more likely to get arrested more than anything. Your analogy is just very special cause putting on some clothes is something you’re supposed to do. No one is going to give you credit for something you’re supposed to do anyway. “I put clothes on before going to my interview”. YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO DO THAT IDIOT. “I’ve never homosexual sex with a man”. What do you want A COOKIE?

Orange doesn’t make the UI go from “****ty” to “****ING AWESOME” it just a bunch of additions that make an easy game easier. If you’re expecting the UI to go from “sucky” then be dissapointed cause you get the same UI after you buy orange.

­

As for the whole “bugs” vs “features” thing let’s imagine that you look at your profile page and you notice that there aren’t enough pictures of cute dogs on there. You therefore send multiple bug reports saying that this is a bug and that is should be fixed immedately. Months paths and countless bug reports later ET still hasn’t fixed the “no cute pictures of dogs on profile page” bug but then ET goes and offers a “CuteDogWarz” package which he’s going to offer for people who pay him for it. Naturally you’re outraged. You’ve been asking for ET to fix this for months and then you find out that you have to PAY for the fix? That’s outrageous

Oh wait no it’s not cause you’re mixing up bug with feature.

A bug fix is a fix to a product which was broken. A feature is going “golly gosh gee It would sure be nice if X had Y and it did Z” and if you’re going anywhere you’re expected to pay for features.

But anyway ET still hasn’t given us the cute pictures of dogs on the profile page. Why hasn’t this been fixed yet?

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Veist Posted:

I seriously can’t tell if you are being sincere or trolling. I’m going to bumume you are being serious so here goes.

I’m very sincere in what I posted. You’ll also note that what I posted had nothing to do with opinions of usability or cost or anything like that. I have my opinions and I fully recognize that not everyone agrees with me. But let’s go bit by bit here…

Veist Posted:

Would you show up for a job interview in your skidmarked underwear and demand they pay you to put some clothes on?

Wow, you’re not only not in the same ballpark, I’m not sure you’re in the same state with this one. If you really want to stick with the job interview, this is about the same as showing up in business casual attire instead of professional. Maybe you left your tie at home or spilled coffee on it… who knows… but you showed up without a tie. The company mandates that all employees wear full suits – including ties. Does that mean you don’t get the job? Possibly. But an employer that’s worth working for will look to your experience and skills before deciding whether to point out a dress code or dismissing you outright. In no way is the UI here comparable to “skidmarked underwear”.

Veist Posted:

The one thing you absolutely should be improving at no cost to your users is the UI, because if the UI sucks how are you going to get them to buy anything at all from you?

You’ve been here almost two years now. You’ve played through two episodes with the UI exactly as it was. In your whopping 38 post history here, one *might* qualify as ****ing about the UI. If it was so far beyond crap then I have two questions for you. 1 – Where are the posts (hell, even if they’re just bandwagon “yeah this sucks” ) complaining about it? 2 – How on earth did you possibly get through two previous episodes? Oh yeah, I know how… the game was completely playable with the UI as it was/is.

Veist Posted:

Its a testament to the quality of the writing by CZ that FW is as successful as it has been because its been in spite of a ****ty UI not because the interface is anything but painful to use.

You can’t press 1 and 2 repeatedly? Seriously? Say what you will about the gameplay and the repetition and the grinding, but that’s not the fault of the UI. It’s the nature of the game.

Regardless of opinion, Orange is – with one exception – full of enhancements. They are not bug fixes by any stretch of the imagination.

edit: put a damned space between quote and parenthesis

spacekadt edited this message on 03/06/2010 10:58PM

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Why are you both writing like, thirty paragraphs to defend orange? Everybody loves Orange now. It only costs the price of both episodes combined and we’ve all decided we can live with that. There’s no point getting yourself all worked up trying to explain something obvious.

megazeroexe

Avatar: 96079 2010-02-05 18:20:27 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 44 Hacker

hi this is pcp saying i miss m0x

Just gonna respond to what spacekadt said about the of WoW and that’s why it gets updates.

In WoW, I can run (a few) instances with with 24 other people that can take days, on two different difficulty settings depending on the group I’m with, there’s hundreds of new items added constantly, along with entirely new instances and quests that extend the gameplay dramatically, and I’m not limited to doing 4 quests a day either. Log in to see images!

In the amount of content that WoW has compared to fwz, 10 cents a month would be a fair price if you want to be generous Log in to see images!

EDIT: Also, I wouldn’t have to pay actual cash every time I wanted to change my clothes or the way I appear, like how you do with avatar’s/title’s here, I could just buy in-game dyes and change my equipment for everyone to see. Log in to see images! megazeroexe edited this message on 03/06/2010 11:58PM

cya

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

basically lets all quit fwz and play wow

toonczyk

Level 52 Camwhore

“Cum Dumpstress”

spacekadt Posted:

2 – How on earth did you possibly get through two previous episodes? Oh yeah, I know how… the game was completely playable with the UI as it was/is.

In previous two episodes I used only 3-4 of my strongest abilities, that was all I needed to beat any forum. Now I need 3-4 strongest abilities from every category, since now boards have sensibilities. I guess that’s not exactly ep-3 related, but when I played episodes 1 and 2 there was no such thing as forum sensibilities. So now to make a toolbar even usable I need 12 slots for abilities + 1 for AFK + 2 for xss/fbo scripts, plus say 2 for consumables. Now I need 17, to beat ep2 I needed 8. See the difference?

I guess I could reorder the toolbar before visiting every forum if it wasn’t so painful – available abilities on the list (40 of them) are in totally random order, which makes it just annoying.

And one more thing – maybe I would have bought orange for one month to finish the game, but there is this nonsense: orange costs 20 BP, but the smallest amount of BP one can buy is 45. Good one. huh?

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

toonczyk Posted:

In previous two episodes I used only 3-4 of my strongest abilities, that was all I needed to beat any forum. Now I need 3-4 strongest abilities from every category, since now boards have sensibilities. I guess that’s not exactly ep-3 related, but when I played episodes 1 and 2 there was no such thing as forum sensibilities. So now to make a toolbar even usable I need 12 slots for abilities + 1 for AFK + 2 for xss/fbo scripts, plus say 2 for consumables. Now I need 17, to beat ep2 I needed 8. See the difference?

Despite my purchasing Orange, I am going to keep arguing for you — that the expanded toolbar should be free to everyone. It’s practically NECESSARY to play Episode 3.

But if CZ wants it gone unless you pay, then fine. Best of both worlds: Remove it either AFTER the person has completed Ep3, or when they hit Level 69. End of problem.

Skyman747

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

MC Banhammer Posted:

Despite my purchasing Orange, I am going to keep arguing for you — that the expanded toolbar should be free to everyone. It’s practically NECESSARY to play Episode 3.

Really? I never used past 0 even when I had the orange free trial just because there were no hotkeys and managed just fine.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Skyman747 Posted:

Really? I never used past 0 even when I had the orange free trial just because there were no hotkeys and managed just fine.

What did you do?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!