Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Sup Official Forumwarz Orange(TM) Discussion

megazeroexe

Avatar: 96079 2010-02-05 18:20:27 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 44 Hacker

hi this is pcp saying i miss m0x

Chawin Posted:

basically lets all quit fwz and play wow

No, because WoW’s gay too Log in to see images!

so is aion and FFXI and FFXIV will be too but i still play those Log in to see images!

This isn’t worth complaining over anymore, though. At least a few people are paying now, so whatever Log in to see images!

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

Advertising a game as free, and then requiring money not for extended content, but for playability is the ol’ bait and switch anyway you slice the ****. Of course there will always be people who bend over to take the male reproductive organ that ****s them, and cognitive dissonance will even cause them to defend that male reproductive organ (as seen in this thread). This practice relies on that fact. Basically, yeah it’s scandalous, but hey it works. I for one congratulate Forumwarz for so shrewdly getting one over on it’s players.

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

MC Banhammer Posted:

It’s practically NECESSARY to play Episode 3.

I don’t agree. I finished episode 3 nine times (each clbum at least once) in beta testing before getting the expanded toolbar and it really wasn’t a big deal. When you’re playing through the storyline, you don’t have to go from forum to forum fast enough for it to matter that you have to switch out some attacks.

Also, I think it’s pretty silly to compare an indie web game to WoW. They have a huge staff, huge budget, etc, and the way they do things is going to be pretty different. And don’t you have to buy the game and then pay some monthly fee if you want to play online?

megazeroexe

Avatar: 96079 2010-02-05 18:20:27 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 44 Hacker

hi this is pcp saying i miss m0x

plk Posted:

Also, I think it’s pretty silly to compare an indie web game to WoW. They have a huge staff, huge budget, etc, and the way they do things is going to be pretty different. And don’t you have to buy the game and then pay some monthly fee if you want to play online?

That was my point. Spacekadt said something about ‘well if they get free upgrades through patches and you want it, you should pay a subscription too’, and I was saying how you can’t compare them because of content. If you did, you’d be paying 10 cents a month for fwz Log in to see images!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

plk Posted:

I don’t agree. I finished episode 3 nine times (each clbum at least once) in beta testing before getting the expanded toolbar and it really wasn’t a big deal. When you’re playing through the storyline, you don’t have to go from forum to forum fast enough for it to matter that you have to switch out some attacks.

That’s why I qualified with “practically” necessary. I also played Beta with a variety of clbumes, and found the constant reorganizing of the toolbar made the beginning of each forum a tedious chore, taking away from the enjoyment.

A parallel? You can play Monopoly with only ones, fives, and tens. But that doesn’t mean you should pay more to get the higher denominations.

plk

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

MC Banhammer Posted:

A parallel? You can play Monopoly with only ones, fives, and tens. But that doesn’t mean you should pay more to get the higher denominations.

I guess, but if the game starts out that way, that’s what you’re used to. Then if they make an expansion pack that makes it more fun for a certain type of play, and you play it enough for it to matter, by all means buy it. But it doesn’t mean that everybody truly needs it.

Chawin

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

plk Posted:

I guess, but if the game starts out that way, that’s what you’re used to. Then if they make an expansion pack that makes it more fun for a certain type of play, and you play it enough for it to matter, by all means buy it. But it doesn’t mean that everybody truly needs it.

to add to mcb’s analogy, how about monoply release their game with only ones, fives and tens, but the company + userbase know that 50’s and 100’s are needed. people shouldn’t have to pay extra for an addition which should have been included at the beginning, or something which the company have said that they’d be implementing for a while

plk

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Chawin Posted:

to add to mcb’s analogy, how about monoply release their game with only ones, fives and tens, but the company + userbase know that 50’s and 100’s are needed. people shouldn’t have to pay extra for an addition which should have been included at the beginning, or something which the company have said that they’d be implementing for a while

So what would you do with Monopoly, then, return it to the store and tell the person at the counter to give you a bunch of upgraded bills for free? Because hey, you bought this last year, and now you heard they’re making better bills and you should have had those from the beginning. I like free stuff too, but there has to be compensation somewhere for the time and resources that go into making improvements to the game. Bug fixes are of course free, but optional upgrades are things a lot of companies make you pay for.

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

Wow, this monopoly comparison is getting ridiculous. Can I be the car?

Chawin

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

the day i pay for fwz orange is the day i get my free upgrade for monopoly

Bueno

Avatar: 221553 2011-04-17 19:57:05 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Hijo de las gran mil putas.

Hm.

Bueno edited this message on 03/07/2010 1:16PM

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

MC Banhammer Posted:

Despite my purchasing Orange, I am going to keep arguing for you — that the expanded toolbar should be free to everyone. It’s practically NECESSARY to play Episode 3.

To extend that argumentation, make the expanded toolbar free and the .moar management system as a feature of Orange. Log in to see images!

Twitter

Avatar: 224313 2010-01-07 16:38:43 -0500

Level 21 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

Just fixed two bugs related to Forumwarz Orange™ expiry. Your toolbars should no longer be broken, nor your auction tubmails missing.

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

MC Banhammer Posted:

What did you do?

I used my strongest attacks then kept going lower until the strong attacks cool down ended. Never even bothered paying attention to sensitivities and all that crap.

BobTheSqueak-
yWeasel

Avatar: 63475 2010-04-01 02:14:05 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Skyman747 Posted:

I used my strongest attacks then kept going lower until the strong attacks cool down ended. Never even bothered paying attention to sensitivities and all that crap.

This definitely works for Hackers; not sure how well it would have gone over on any of my other characters.

Chawin

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

BobTheSqueakyWeasel Posted:

This definitely works for Hackers; not sure how well it would have gone over on any of my other characters.

gonna have to disagree, even at end game some of my strongest attacks will do jack **** to a forum which resists them. and remember that hackers still have no narcissism attacks

Bear

Avatar: 19845 2011-10-31 11:07:12 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

BobTheSqueakyWeasel Posted:

Near the beginning I was just adding more to the toolbar but later on for Emo Kid’s I only need a few of my highest hitting abilities and I can take out any forum(Even with sensitivities). Only use around 4-6 for attacks and 2 for drugs. I have already purchased Orange

Jimmy teh Re-
-Re

Avatar: 93129 Sun Jun 07 02:47:39 -0400 2009

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Re-Re

OSDAOO4433 oiooiaoirweota jto3oit4jgs;Log in to see images!

(What my son is trying to say is that perhaps everyone should have stayed as a Re-Re, he is using only the extra abilities given to him which uses up 8 slots plus 1 for AFK and despite having Stuffed Shirt as his alignment based attack he is able to pwn every Forum easily.)

NWGILKsLog in to see images!srtjs34trr!!!11!

(But if you are trying to optimize fans it makes a difference, which affects Lemon of course though you could always choose Forums with appropriate sensitivities.)

(That said though, he argued for Orange being worth 50 Log in to see images!

Veist

Avatar: 35066 2012-11-21 18:44:47 -0500

[I hate you all]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

spacekadt Posted:

You’ve been here almost two years now. You’ve played through two episodes with the UI exactly as it was. In your whopping 38 post history here, one *might* qualify as ****ing about the UI. If it was so far beyond crap then I have two questions for you. 1 – Where are the posts (hell, even if they’re just bandwagon “yeah this sucks” ) complaining about it? 2 – How on earth did you possibly get through two previous episodes? Oh yeah, I know how… the game was completely playable with the UI as it was/is.

I didn’t know that if I didn’t participate in the community my opinion was invalid. Look, I’ll admit my hyperbole was a bit over the top but, the basic issue is the UI is bad. To me, if you are trying to sell the game to new people they’re not going to be like me or you and hooked on whatever we specifically are. That is the perspective I’m trying to base my comments on, trying to sell the game to new players. What is the point of not making the best most usable possible UI available to new players to try and get them to buy the rest of the game?

TJF588

[URTJF2]

Level 63 Troll

“Flame Retarded”

A longer toolbar should probably be free. When you change the way the game works, you should compensate the players’ way to work the game. The paid toolbar extension should, however, be replaced (compensated, if you will) with paid toolbar setups (about three or four), so power players can one-click into any 1-2-1-2-1-2 they need ATM. That, and equipment sets, since it’s enough of a pain in the bum to figure which of your .moars are the best of their purposes, let alone switching to and from day-in and day-out.

Also, as part of the “lulz, we chaeng gehm”, sort the attacks in-battle first by type, then by power (from there, it would be easy enough to determine cooldown optimization). Figgits.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!