Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Veist Posted:

I seriously can’t tell if you are being sincere or trolling. I’m going to bumume you are being serious so here goes.

I’m very sincere in what I posted. You’ll also note that what I posted had nothing to do with opinions of usability or cost or anything like that. I have my opinions and I fully recognize that not everyone agrees with me. But let’s go bit by bit here…

Veist Posted:

Would you show up for a job interview in your skidmarked underwear and demand they pay you to put some clothes on?

Wow, you’re not only not in the same ballpark, I’m not sure you’re in the same state with this one. If you really want to stick with the job interview, this is about the same as showing up in business casual attire instead of professional. Maybe you left your tie at home or spilled coffee on it… who knows… but you showed up without a tie. The company mandates that all employees wear full suits – including ties. Does that mean you don’t get the job? Possibly. But an employer that’s worth working for will look to your experience and skills before deciding whether to point out a dress code or dismissing you outright. In no way is the UI here comparable to “skidmarked underwear”.

Veist Posted:

The one thing you absolutely should be improving at no cost to your users is the UI, because if the UI sucks how are you going to get them to buy anything at all from you?

You’ve been here almost two years now. You’ve played through two episodes with the UI exactly as it was. In your whopping 38 post history here, one *might* qualify as ****ing about the UI. If it was so far beyond crap then I have two questions for you. 1 – Where are the posts (hell, even if they’re just bandwagon “yeah this sucks” ) complaining about it? 2 – How on earth did you possibly get through two previous episodes? Oh yeah, I know how… the game was completely playable with the UI as it was/is.

Veist Posted:

Its a testament to the quality of the writing by CZ that FW is as successful as it has been because its been in spite of a ****ty UI not because the interface is anything but painful to use.

You can’t press 1 and 2 repeatedly? Seriously? Say what you will about the gameplay and the repetition and the grinding, but that’s not the fault of the UI. It’s the nature of the game.

Regardless of opinion, Orange is – with one exception – full of enhancements. They are not bug fixes by any stretch of the imagination.

edit: put a damned space between quote and parenthesis

spacekadt edited this message on 03/06/2010 10:58PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!